What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes, beautiful gorgeous changes!!!

Caged Panther

First Grade
Matt Cross, Paul Ation, Bryan Norrie all gone. T Puletuea finds himself on the bench while Clinton sits in at 18. Tim Grant looks set to make his first grade debut, with Bob Blair being an outside chance for debut being named at 19.

While you mightn't agree with the changes at least certain underperforming players have been put on notice.

[/SIZE]
NRL
1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Michael Gordon, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Peter Wallace, 7. Craig Gower (c), 8. Frank Puletua, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Brendan Worth, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Junior Moors, 13. Nathan Smith. Interchange: 14. Tim Grant, 15. Tony Puletua, 16. Mark O'Halloran, 17. Keith Peters, 18. Joel Clinton, 19. Bob Blair

Premier League
1.Liam Georgetown (c), 2. Nick Youngquest, 3. Geoff Daniela, 4. Jade Williams, 5. Matthew Forwood, 6. Craig Trindall, 7. Wayne Bond, 8. Steve O'Beirne, 9. Paul Aiton, 10. Matthew Cross, 11. Matthew Bell, 12. Bryan Norrie, 13. Josh Bateman. Interchange (from): 14. John Nuumaalii, 15. James Nightingale, 16. Andrew Pearn, 19. Liam Campbell, 20. Brendan Hlad, 21. Charles Enosi, 22. Masada Iosefa, 23. Shane Blackett

Jersey Flegg - BYE

Dave Q

Coach
Doesnt go far enough!

Too many of the usual suspects in that starting line up.

But lets hope Blair makes his debut.

Its a slightly muted message, but I suppose its a start.

Kilkenny

Coach
Unlike the majority I would have stuck with the same 17 for another week.

Perhaps equally as significant for the future could be the name of the bench forwards in PL this week. The likes of Shane Blackett and co. Blackett in particular has really impressed me this season with his workrate he could really be one for the future.

mxlegend99

Referee
The only dissapointing thing for me, is no changes to our 6 and 7. I thought that was our biggest problem so far this year. They just aren't effective.

griffo346

First Grade
i agree with it but IMO joel has been our best fwd

i also agree that 6/7 needs a change - perhaps trindall n gower? if firman still injured

choc_soldier

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
The only dissapointing thing for me, is no changes to our 6 and 7. I thought that was our biggest problem so far this year. They just aren't effective.

I think Wallace would have been in danger if Firman was fit and playing. However, he looks like he's at least another few weeks away, which is a shame, because he could be the injection we need in the halves.

choc_soldier

Coach
Take a bow Matty Elliott! This is EXACTLY what we needed to do, just to shake things up a bit!

1-7 is still the same, but playing Puletua off the bench could be a master stroke. What we lose in Aiton we gain pretty much in Peters. Clinton as 18th man? He'll play I think.

And congratulations to Tim Grant. It's good to see some of our kids get a run this year!

Friday night will be very interesting.

Panthers_God

Juniors
I haven't been watching many first division games but I think Paul Aiton was abit hard done by. He gives it all he's got every week, anyway Peter's might be in better form.

Joel Clinton being cut is a but harsh, hes been our best front rower this year.

Cutting Cross and Norrie was a good idea. They are too slow.

Puletua to bench, yeah maybe it could work.

I think this week will be a massive reality check to the Panthers who seems to never get their heads in the game. Hopefully this will wake some of the players up.. especially big T

PEPPSY

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
While you mightn't agree with the changes at least certain underperforming players have been put on notice.

Absolutely agree. Im so glad Elliott has done this, I believe it will shock them, especially Puletua and Clinton because they would just expect to be in the starting side every week. Now it makes them realise they really need to put the effort in.
I hope Grant & Peters get a game. What a great opportunity for it, can't wait for Friday night!

Big Mick

Referee
Clinton has been responsible for stupid penalties and dropping the ball consistently...he hasn't been close to our best forward.

choc_soldier

Coach
Panthers_God said:
I haven't been watching many first division games but I think Paul Aiton was abit hard done by. He gives it all he's got every week, anyway Peter's might be in better form.

The way I see it, it's almost a swap over, as they have similar playing styles. But that said, I was shocked that Ates had been dropped - I didn't think he had been playing that bad!

thommo4pm

Coach
Should be an interesting game.
Nathan Brown has cut 5 blokes from our side against the Chooks also.

At least the weather looks set to be great so the players cant complain about the conditions for poor handling errors.

Munky

Coach
Aiton's distribution has been nothing short of appalling this season. His running game is great but he needs to improve his passing.

anjado

Juniors
about time Tony Puletua got dropped. He has no impact out wide anymore and he has lost pace and should move into the front row. Also he needs to become more aggressive he is far to soft a guy for a guy who could be the most feared forward in the game. As devastating as he is he certainly doesen't play like it. Also it should be Junior Moors running out wide not Tony. Tony has played first grade for 10 years now he should be the one leading the way but he never does.

He still wants to be a centre when he needs to move closer to the middle and do more hit ups. Rather then wide running which Waterhouse and Pritchard do far better.

Also Joel Clinton i think played well in the first 2 games of the season. Since then has done nothing really. Poor hands and gives away cheap penalties. Lays on the tackled player far to long.

Aiton im quite suprised with he hasn't been great but he still has lots of potential i think.

Norrie after his terrible look against the raiders i don't wan't him to play first grade for us again. that mistake was under 6's and pathetic.

Cross has done nothing yet this season and has been poor

Glad to see the young Grant in the squad and Peters and blair hope they all get a run.

Our backs haven't been so good this year but they have more potential to fire.

It's great he has dropped the bigger names rather then the same old ones who would of been untouchable before.

mxlegend99

Referee
choc_soldier said:
The way I see it, it's almost a swap over, as they have similar playing styles. But that said, I was shocked that Ates had been dropped - I didn't think he had been playing that bad!
I thought he had been better then Priddis. Atleast as far as effort goes. Priddis has had a sloppy passing game and while he has been great in defence and running from dummy half, he looks nowhere near as interested as Aiton does when he plays, and this lets in sloppy tries (like that Bailey try).

The Rhino

Juniors
So is the dropping of T to the bench, Clinton to 18th man the sound of the PENNY DROPPING for the established big names of our team? And some Canberra Supporters reckon Matt Elliot wouldn't promote juniors!!!

panthersballboy

Juniors
I think this is what the players need. Not only will it be a wake up call for T, Joel and Ates, it will put the other senior players on edge thinking they could be next. T is one of the captains and has been dropped to the bench, not even Gowie, Priddo, Wesser and the likes will think they are safe.

Let's just hope the young blokes like Grant and co play great and then the pressure will really be on.

Latest posts