What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes, beautiful gorgeous changes!!!

Fibroman

First Grade
Bean was terrible last night. There were some blatent 'square ups' and quite a few 'crowd penalties' given. I don't think either side deserved to win last night, but Bean certainly ensured that the 2 points went to the Dragons with some doubtful calls.

One thing for sure.....on paper, Penrith and St George should be top 8 this year, but it would appear that they will both finish in the bottom 8.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Maybe Sean Hampstead should go on a soul searching mission with our boys. He clearly has lost the plot, there's no denying that! :lol:

Kilkenny

Coach
Fibroman said:
Bean was terrible last night. There were some blatent 'square ups' and quite a few 'crowd penalties' given. I don't think either side deserved to win last night, but Bean certainly ensured that the 2 points went to the Dragons with some doubtful calls.

I am not in any way excusing the performance, but as Fibroman and I can attest, there were a least four penalties awarded by Bean to the Dragons which were crowd penalties and it is a FACT that the match officials had more influence on the outcome of this match than the players on the field.

In relation to the awarding of the Cooper first try it was a Craig Gower told Bean it was, it was a square up pure and simple. The video ref played God and not for the first time during his career.

Dave Q

Coach
Kilkenny said:
I am not in any way excusing the performance, but as Fibroman and I can attest, there were a least four penalties awarded by Bean to the Dragons which were crowd penalties and it is a FACT that the match officials had more influence on the outcome of this match than the players on the field.

In relation to the awarding of the Cooper first try it was a Craig Gower told Bean it was, it was a square up pure and simple. The video ref played God and not for the first time during his career.

I agree, it wasnt the even-handed account from the officialdom that it should have been.

As a result, the game suffered both as a contest and as a spectacle.

Only the most pathetically stupid, blind or dim witted could conclude otherwise.

It shouldnt be swept under the carpet, the officials need to be called to account for their actions.

The NRL has to take a stand and acknowledge that serious mistakes were made and something is going to be done about situation so we dont have to put up with it ever again.

In this environment, the Panthers were not so ill-behaved as people may have believed them to have been.

Kilkenny

Coach
Dave Q said:
It shouldnt be swept under the carpet, the officials need to be called to account for their actions.

The NRL has to take a stand and acknowledge that serious mistakes were made and something is going to be done about situation so we dont have to put up with it ever again.

I am afraid I am not quite so optimistic Dave. Sadly, too many games are being decided by the match officials.

Dave Q

Coach
Some people believe in Karma and subscribe to the philosophy that bad decisions seem to balance out -by game's end -so that no one team stands disadvantaged.

But last night was a damning indictment on this theory.

Gower should not stand condemned or be in any danger at this time, its a scar on the game that he is.

If anything comes of it, as a voting member of South Sydney and supporter of the game, I will communicate my displeasure about it to the NRL.

I cant do much more than that at this time.

But if people join me, maybe the message might get through.

I feel strongly about this.

The Teach

Juniors
I don't always agree wit you Dave, but that is one of the best posts you have ever typed!

Bravo! Bravo!
:clap: :clap:

Panthagrey

Juniors
Consitency is called upon the referees only and that is all most fans ask...
If 10 metre ruling is called for one team dont turn a blind eye to the other.
If play the ball is the issue dont turn a blind eye to the other and so forth and so forth.
There is no team in Rugby League for as long as ive been watching that is 100% perfect in execution of play and as Gus Gould points out and i agree with him why use these rulings in the ordinary comp season but for state of origin,semis and the finals series the rules go out the window...just give us a little consistency please...:D

Dave Q

Coach
"It is expected that Harrigan will lodge a report with match reviewer Greg McCallum, who has already indicated his intention to investigate."

Steve Mascord, The Daily Telegraph, Saturday May 5, p27.

If Mascord is correct, well its the blind leading the blind for mine.

Who else will get involved, the United Bloody Nations?

Its a game of rugby league, not the Spanish Inquisition!

If he wants an investigation, he can turn his smudgy magnifying glass on his own match officials first.

The NRL equivalent of Inspector Clueso of Pink Panther fame.

If he does that, I dont think we will see Gowie in Long Bay any time soon.

Do they want Panther fans to support our game or the AFL ? (which I'm told is becoming a popular sport in Californian rehab centres).

In any group of folks out here in Panther Territory, theres at least one poor misguided soul who is a closet AFL supporter.

Turn it up bumbling officialdom and FREE THE GOWIE!

choc_soldier

Coach
Fair call on the tries - I only had the benefit of looking at a big screen stationed at the other end of the ground, and didn't bother watching the replay when I got home!

They discussed the Cooper try on the Sunday Roast today, and it looked inconclusive, and I could understand the benefit of the doubt ruling that perhaps was the reason. They didn't discuss the third Rooney try, but surely he deserved benefit of the doubt too? Maybe that was a "square up" on his first try, but it looked like the Dragons first was the square up, as there looked to be a clear forward pass in there somewhere. Well, that was the call amongst us on the hill at the time - whether that passes as credible witnesses, you be the judge. :)