What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes, beautiful gorgeous changes!!!

PRKLCD

Juniors
When are you guys going to work out that Elliot can't coach. Everyone thought he did a great job in Canberra with "what he had" Truth is that Canberra fans were happy to see the back of him. The raiders should have gone even better then what he did with them, The attack over his years was Sh!t. Look at this year with Canberra, they lost a lot of talent but yet they are doing what they have done for the past 3-4 years. Most people in the Sydney media saw who he was coaching, and not seeing many Raiders games thought he must a "super coach" Truth is he is Sh!t.

I feel sorry for you fans I really do

Maybe he should shut is mouth abouting winning the comp - the way he has the team playing the only thing you will win is the spoon.

Good luck for the rest of the season

*Sandy*

First Grade
PRKLCD said:
When are you guys going to work out that Elliot can't coach. Everyone thought he did a great job in Canberra with "what he had" Truth is that Canberra fans were happy to see the back of him. The raiders should have gone even better then what he did with them, The attack over his years was Sh!t. Look at this year with Canberra, they lost a lot of talent but yet they are doing what they have done for the past 3-4 years. Most people in the Sydney media saw who he was coaching, and not seeing many Raiders games thought he must a "super coach" Truth is he is Sh!t.

I feel sorry for you fans I really do

Maybe he should shut is mouth abouting winning the comp - the way he has the team playing the only thing you will win is the spoon.

Good luck for the rest of the season

We weren't going anywhere with Lang either.
I'll make a judgement on Elliott after the season has finished.

*Sandy*

First Grade
PK said:
I wonder if Joel will end up with a start in his No.18 jersey on Friday night either on the bench or in his usual position? Sometimes a poke at the ego is all that is needed.

I don't know why but I have this strong sense of feeling Joel might end up playing and look out anyone who gets in his way, he's on a warpath to prove his worth and claim his number back!!!

I charge $60 for an hours reading. ;-)

*Sandy*

First Grade
I don't think I'm harsh on Lang. We were going downwards. And we seem to keep going down. I'm not sure what Coach could pull us up at the moment.

We are very proud of Lang. He will always be remembered in a fond way.

Kilkenny

Coach
PK said:
I charge $60 for an hours reading. ;-)

Perhaps a freeby would have been nice by informing us in advance of the scoreline and performance which would have saved me time and money from making the trip to Kogarah.

*Sandy*

First Grade
If I could do that I would be a millionaire a million times over playing Lotto and Powerball. We could then buy the Panthers Kilkenny.

Dave Q

Coach
I thought the Panthers showed a massive improvement overall -a very feisty and exciting effort.

A couple of celebrity errors -Sugar's drop (but he was injured) and that woeful forward pass from the tap. The double forward pass wasnt so flash either. But flash was flash -ask 4 dragons. A few brain snaps at times and some bad kicks here and there. Plenty of errors but Saints were also frustrated.

Rooney showed plenty, Clinton was very dominant and dangerous.

I thought there were two very obvious refereeing errors that resulted in Saints tries.

Regrettably, these errors possibly effected the result ( I may get fined for this) and I was genuinely dissapointed because on balance, at the end of the night, the better side may well have lost.

I wouldnt care if I thought the refs decisions wouldnt have effected the outcome, but they did and the panthers can feel justifiably aggrieved.

If the league dont fix this problem, why follow the sport at all?

That being the case, I think the Panthers can take a lot away from the match.

I thought Elliot did a good job preparing the boys this week.

He had a go at the media in the press conference. Cool it Matt, dont invite criticism by bursts of passion.

They didnt get the dosh but for the most part, they played OK. There were some very encouraging signs.

choc_soldier

Coach
I agree, the effort was better. But still, the way we're playing, the phrase "joke of the NRL" fits us nicely like a glove.

Just one thing though - how could Harrigan find no problem with Cooper's try, but have a problem with Rooney's 3rd, when it looked more clear cut? I'm not blaming the ref for our loss (we did that ourselves), but I felt we on the wrong end of some bad calls.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I don't think it looked more clear cut Roo. I agreed with the decisions on those both. Rooney was lucky to get the first imo.

I'm disappointed deeply and all I have to say is it shouldnt have to come down to annalysing disallowed tries to make us feel better. I don't like to be critical because it's a waste of energy but I am questioning the value of 3 captains on field, personally I don't think the three of them look comfortable with it.

And please somebody give the senior players MG's book to read or better still take them out into the suburbs and make them play park footy (as in Jim Beam Cup) for a week or two and then ask themselves "Is that a future they see for themselves". It worked for MG. Get the right passion back, lose the frustration.

Panthagrey

Juniors
I Agree with you there PK....
Ive been saying for weeks that the team lacks the heart and pride of the panther and its about time the boys find it and bring back the love they have for the black jersey.
We need more mongrel in the side like we used to have and why isnt big MG the tackling coach or the angry coach or bloody some type of coach because you cant find a more passionate panther man in penrith then BIG MG....:D

Fibroman

First Grade
The main difference between the 2003 Panthers and the current 2007 Panthers is the fact that 'the spine' Priddis, Gower and Wesser were in great form. Priddis and Gower have both lost a yard of pace over the past 4 years.
Also, our back row was awsome in 2003. Pritchard, Puletua and Smith just aren't cutting the mustard.
We are missing Campbell's creativity.
I think we are a better defensive side now than 2003, but our attack and mistake rate is disgraceful.

Dave Q

Coach
Panthagrey said:
I Agree with you there PK....
Ive been saying for weeks that the team lacks the heart and pride of the panther and its about time the boys find it and bring back the love they have for the black jersey.
We need more mongrel in the side like we used to have and why isnt big MG the tackling coach or the angry coach or bloody some type of coach because you cant find a more passionate panther man in penrith then BIG MG....:D

I dont think Geyer is quite up to coaching.

There was plenty of spirit last night, just some lapses, regrettably at critical times.

griffo346

First Grade
More strife for Gower
By Steve Mascord
May 04, 2007 NEW South Wales Origin aspirant Craig Gower faces a contrary conduct charge after accusing match officials of a "square-up" during last night's loss to St George Illawarra at Jubilee Stadium.

The drama started seven minutes into the Dragons' 28-16 win, when Panthers winger Luke Rooney was given a try without the video referee being consulted when his left knee appeared to be on the touch-in-goal line.

When St George Illawarra centre Matt Cooper took out a corner post on his way to scoring in the 33rd minute and fourth official Bill Harrigan flashed the green light, halfback Gower demanded an explanation from referee Sean Hampstead and then said "it's a square-up".

As a scrum was packing in the 54th minute, Gower also said to Hampstead "no square-ups here, mate".

NRL chief video reviewer Greg McCallum said last night: "We'll definitely have a look at that. I will be speaking to Sean Hampstead when I can.

"Comments like that to match officials are covered by contrary conduct."

The Dragons defied a horrendous case of dropsy to claim victory. They effectively tried to throw away the two competition points before securing the win with a try to Wes Naiqama nine minutes from time.

A perfectly weighted Dean Young kick, in his first game in 8½ months, handed the red and whites just their second win of the year.

Dragons centre Cooper capped off the victory with his second try 15 seconds from time.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21674432-23214,00.html

IMO i belive Gowie is right and he prolly shouldnt of said it

Dave Q

Coach
Of course it was a wretched square up.

These kinds of decisions are heart breaking during a game.

They should have a look at the bloody ref not Gower.

If he gets fined, I'll have a think about chipping in.

We shouldnt have to put up with it.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
the Panthers haven't been anywhere near the same team they were earlier on in year because of one thing....Waterhouse's injury. Big loss at a crucial time of season.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Dave Q said:
I dont think Geyer is quite up to coaching.

There was plenty of spirit last night, just some lapses, regrettably at critical times.

I'd rather him if i were a Panther fan more than Matt Adamson!

Caged Panther

First Grade
choc_soldier said:
I agree, the effort was better. But still, the way we're playing, the phrase "joke of the NRL" fits us nicely like a glove.

Just one thing though - how could Harrigan find no problem with Cooper's try, but have a problem with Rooney's 3rd, when it looked more clear cut? I'm not blaming the ref for our loss (we did that ourselves), but I felt we on the wrong end of some bad calls.

I don't think either of the try's you mentioned looked particularly clear cut. To be perfectly honest I would have been happy with the decision to award cooper that try if he'd done so as a benefit of the doubt ruling. How in gods name he can say he was absolutely certain cooper scored and not used benefit of the doubt is beyond me. The number of times he looked at it is a pretty clear indication he wasn't certain. The same apply's to rooney's third 'try' how he can say his certain he didn't get it down before going out is beyond me. Yet again the number of times he looked at it tells the truth of the matter.

And then you get decisions that are right but are still made to look ridiculous by what happens later. I mean Penrith got pulled up for a forwad pass, and rightly so, only to have the dragons score off a similarly blatent foward pass from the resulting scrum.

*Sandy*

First Grade
dontmakemeangry said:
I'd rather him if i were a Panther fan more than Matt Adamson!
I agree
MG went soul searching and found his soul.
Matt Adamson plays a blame game and failure follows him where ever he goes.

Fibroman said:
I think we are a better defensive side now than 2003, but our attack and mistake rate is disgraceful

We may have the better defensive side but it lacks the RIGHT MIX of passion. I'm not going to point fingers and accuse the team of having no passion, I believe they do. They just need to channel it more wisely and use it postively rather than negatively.

Latest posts