What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes, beautiful gorgeous changes!!!

mxlegend99

Referee
Dave Q said:
Just hasnt gone far enough.
How hasn't he? I think he has done a great job.

It's not about punishing players. It's about scaring them into playing their best.

Clinton being 18th man
Big T on the bench.
Aiton dropped.
Cross dropped.
Norrie dropped.

Keith Peters, Tim Grant and Mark O'Halloran were rewarded for good form with bench spots, and done so without an injury forcing the move. Junior Moors was promoted to starting second rower for his good form, and obvious desire to win.

Dave Q

Coach
Peanuts, Gower & Priddo..they needed some time to reflect as well.

More shock value.

mxlegend99

Referee
Can't really drop Gower when he was selected for City vs Country... it wouln't be shock value, but look like we're resting him.

Priddis... i wouldn't have minded seeing him dropped. That Raider tried doing it... but Priddis can sure as heck take a hit :p

Dave Q

Coach
Big Mick © said:
I'm peanuts harshest critic...but he's been our most destructive forward this year.

I would like to see more of a team punishment, the bludgers in the side can then feel awful about letting their mates down by having their mates dropped from first grade.

Puts pressure on everyone, spreads the fear.

The Panthers dont have a number of individual game breakers this year, its a whole team effort for the full 80 every game thats going to get you into the eight.

We all saw them work as an almighty unit v a very powerful dog outfit. It was breathtaking. Premiership winning stuff. I hadnt seen them play that well since GF2003.

So they have the capability, they can do it.

But they must do it together or they must be torn apart.

smitty

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
I'm peanuts harshest critic...but he's been our most destructive forward this year.

pardon my ignorance, but who is peanuts....based on your comment about the most destructive, id say frank puletua.....is that who you mean..or pritchard?

Dave Q

Coach
The club needs to demand excellence. Enough trial runs and waffly excuses. No more. Unacceptable.

Pritchard doesnt need a cuddle, he needs FEAR!

Fear of a weak performance by him.

All for one and one for all.

No one dogs.

Every man fights.

And if any Panther is left upright or smiles after losing a match, by fug, I'll take him down myself.

You too Elliot, each second could be your last as a coach in this mans NRL.

If the shattered Saints beat you, you may as well forfeit the rest of the year.

Big Mick

Referee
smitty said:
pardon my ignorance, but who is peanuts....based on your comment about the most destructive, id say frank puletua.....is that who you mean..or pritchard?

Pritchard.

This is cause last year he said he would never play for "peanuts"...hence where the nickname came from.

Dave Q

Coach
Big Mick © said:
Pritchard.

This is cause last year he said he would never play for "peanuts"...hence where the nickname came from.

Yeah he accused the club of offering him peanuts during contract negotiations.

A very unfortunate description by him and one he's worn as a nickname ever since.

The club upgraded his deal to macadamia's.

'peanuts' lovely irony.

Saints must be beaten at all costs!

Farva

Juniors
Hahahahahahahahah.

Just heard that Brendon 'Worthless' Worth is replacing Clinton. :lol:

The Newcastle pack might have a bit of deadwood in its rank right now, but at least we did the right thing by realising this useless thumper.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I wonder if Joel will end up with a start in his No.18 jersey on Friday night either on the bench or in his usual position? Sometimes a poke at the ego is all that is needed.

I don't know why but I have this strong sense of feeling Joel might end up playing and look out anyone who gets in his way, he's on a warpath to prove his worth and claim his number back!!!

PK said:
I wonder if Joel will end up with a start in his No.18 jersey on Friday night either on the bench or in his usual position? Sometimes a poke at the ego is all that is needed.

I don't know why but I have this strong sense of feeling Joel might end up playing and look out anyone who gets in his way, he's on a warpath to prove his worth and claim his number back!!!

the problem is there has been nothing really wrong with his effort levels all season , its the dropped balls and penalties he needs to fix up.

once he does that im sure there wont be any question marks over his place in the team.

Big Mick

Referee
yeah but what people don't understand is this:

clinton makes 40 tackles a game...yes thats true

but he gives away 3 stupid penalties or more a game, and drops the ball 3 times..

6 x 6 = 36 extra tackles the team doesn't HAVE to make.

Not only that, but its the momentum shift that accompanies his stupid brain snaps, which then puts us on the back foot.

mxlegend99

Referee
Actually Big Mick, we had 11 penalties and 22 errors, according to the stats, this is how the players contributed:
Rhys Wesser - 1 error
Michael Gordon - 2 errors
Michael Jennings - 4 errors, 1 penalty
Luke Lewis - nothing
Luke Rooney - nothing
Peter Wallace - nothing

Craig Gower - 2 errors
Joel Clinton - nothing
Luke Priddis - 2 errors, 2 penalties
Frank Puletua - 1 error, 1 penalty
Frank Pritchard - 2 errors, 2 penalties
Tony Puletua - 1 error
Nathan Smith - 2 errors, 2 penalties
Junior Moors - 1 error, 1 penalty
Matthew Cross - 1 error, 1 penalty
Brian Norrie - 1 error
Paul Aiton - 2 errors, 1 penalty conceded

So Joel Clintons stats are:
35 tackles, 2 1on1 tackles, no missed tackles
2 tackle breaks
12 runs for 102 metres
No errors, no penalties conceded. Not sure where your 3 errors and penalties thing came from. That is assuming that this site is correct:
http://live.rleague.com/nrl_50020070704.html

Clinton being dropped was very harsh, it was actually an improved performance for him. Hopefully this fires him up even more... i know he can play much better then he has so far this year. But he is one of our best regardless.

Panthagrey

Juniors
Clinton only needs to learn how to side step every once in awhile(and i dont mean ala benji marshall sidestep)and he will be one of the best players in the comp and earning rep honors...:D

Big Mick

Referee
the whole season perhaps up until last week he was laying all over players.

His dropping to the bench is deserved.

He talks too much...he drops the ball too much, and gives away plenty of penalties this season.

Hopefully this fires the guy up. He needed to be brought down to earth....and now maybe he has been.

Dave Q

Coach
Dont forget to consider that players who are involved more frequently with the play are more succeptable to making handling or kicking errors.

If a player doesnt handle the ball, he cant make a handling error.

Looks good statistically but not neccessarily anywhere else. Maybe Mx can add handles and kicks to the players scores, maybe they are there in his source?

But also, there are times when a penalty may be the more palatable of the defensive options, I wonder if thats recorded?

mxlegend99

Referee
Dave Q said:
Maybe Mx can add handles and kicks to the players scores, maybe they are there in his source?

But also, there are times when a penalty may be the more palatable of the defensive options, I wonder if thats recorded?

Umm, did you read it at all?

mxlegend99 said:
So Joel Clintons stats are:
35 tackles, 2 1on1 tackles, no missed tackles
2 tackle breaks
12 runs for 102 metres
No errors, no penalties conceded. Not sure where your 3 errors and penalties thing came from. That is assuming that this site is correct:
http://live.rleague.com/nrl_50020070704.html
He made 35 tackles... which is 35 chances to give away a penalty, and he had 12 runs to make 103 metres, which is 12 chances to knock-on. He did neither in that time.

Here's a direct link to what he done in the match:
http://live.rleague.com/playerpage/nrl_50020070704_300016.html

Clinton was one of the least deserving for punishment after that game... it's like he was punished after he fixed his issues up.

Dave Q

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
Umm, did you read it at all?

He made 35 tackles... which is 35 chances to give away a penalty, and he had 12 runs to make 103 metres, which is 12 chances to knock-on. He did neither in that time.

Here's a direct link to what he done in the match:
http://live.rleague.com/playerpage/nrl_50020070704_300016.html

Clinton was one of the least deserving for punishment after that game... it's like he was punished after he fixed his issues up.

Creates fear, so its a good thing.

mxlegend99

Referee
It is... but he really shouldn't punish him AFTER he fixes the problems. I think Tony Puletua deserves punishment for being a bit of a cat, and Luke Priddis for giving away so many penalties.. Michael Jennings should consider himself lucky also, 4 errors... but i think they were ref errors also in atleast one instance.

Latest posts