What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes this week that have to be made

Yep.
So why are the young guys only in the firing line?
Becasue they are the mai ncause of our shitness.
Xerri is off the pace. Not chasing the tackles he misses, johnson ran him down i n2 seconds flat yesterday when he was in the clear, so there goes the speed myth, & he is making bad read after bad read in defense & making those around him look ordinary & tiring them out.
Williams is good to let in 1 or 2 trys every game & again, hes being carried by the old heads who have to watch him like a hawk. The Foot pull last week was the final straw.
Nikora is impotent in attack despite playing outside the best 5/8 in the world. His timing is off, & hes making mistakes.
Flick Xerri for Katoa or Moot. Jmoz to centre. Its hardly a radical change with everybody back in their natural positions.
Flick Williams For Boogs. Again, not a radical change.
Flick Nikora for Capewell. Again not a radical change
Our footbal IQ increases by about 80% & the game experience increases by about 200 matches.

bluefox68

Staff member
Wow - we are really in disagreement about this one!

Surely the one thing we do agree on is that Chad is not playing well.

But, I'm not in favour of SJ at 7 and Wado at 6 - they are perfectly suited to the positions that they are playing NOW.

Instead, I would start FJnr at 7, and leave him there until the end of the year.

cb4

First Grade
Calling for our equal leading try scorer to be dropped but keeping Feki and even Chad and Johnson in the team is a bit of a stretch.
Xerri is the least of our problems really.

I was actually impressed with our middle and edge defence yesterday, they only scored off two really shitty kicks.

The problems are the errors we are making, simple errors from guys with 10+ years experience.
The real problem with this team is we have a 9 who has no creativity or threatening running game. I know he got a try assist yestyerday but he has what, 5 for the year?

We have a 7 who found an identity when he had a younger player next to him who was potentially auditioning for his job, he is struggling with Johnson, how to fit with Johnson, when to control the game and when to just give Johnson the reigns.

We have a 1 who hasn't scored a try this year and has more injuries than you can poke a stick at.

They are the main problems. And the errors. Not an 18 year old centre who is actually playing quitee well.

bluefox68

Staff member
Calling for our equal leading try scorer to be dropped but keeping Feki and even Chad and Johnson in the team is a bit of a stretch.

I was actually impressed with our middle and edge defence yesterday, they only scored off two really shitty kicks.

The problems are the errors we are making, simple errors from guys with 10+ years experience.
The real problem with this team is we have a 9 who has no creativity or threatening running game. I know he got a try assist yestyerday but he has what, 5 for the year?

We have a 7 who found an identity when he had a younger player next to him who was potentially auditioning for his job, he is struggling with Johnson, how to fit with Johnson, when to control the game and when to just give Johnson the reigns.

We have a 1 who hasn't scored a try this year and has more injuries than you can poke a stick at.

They are the main problems. And the errors. Not an 18 year old centre who is actually playing quitee well.
Agree, agree, agree...

The bottom line, although it might be short-term pain, we need to get rid of the 'dead wood'...

That will play to John Morris' strength - developing the younger guys and helping them find an identity.

On the wade not passing to xerri it looked like (at the ground, haven't seen a replay) that wade was simply waiting for someone on his right in support which there should have been. By the time he looked left the pass wasn't on, didn't look like he intentionally ignored him.

Chad is completely out of form but johnson needs to get in and demand the ball more, seems to hide out in the centres by the looks of it.

Weaponhead

Coach
Against Penrith last week there were three simple and critical errors in the first half that led to the team being under significant pressure.
Fifita drops a simple inside pass under no pressure the first time we were out of our 20.
Dugan drops a simple block pass under no pressure when we had actually create space.
Chad goes for a chip with 90 seconds left, creates cheap turnover, try conceded

DTTC is right about the Williams leg pull being a poor start to the second half. That try effectively killed the game but it killed the game because other experienced players hadn't delivered in the first half.

chewsta

First Grade
I do expect more from SJ BUT The amount of times Johnson receives a pass from Chad just as he is being crunched is ridiculous. Catch and pass Chad just catch and pass as fast as you can thats all you have to do FFS.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

I agree it is no suprise the top teams have the best 9s. Smith, Hodgson, Cook and is currently the Roosters weakness.

Iam unsure if Jayden cannot kick, has no confidence or is coached not to with our halves to kick.

2019 attack starts at dummy half, not sure we are coached that way.

I have a lot of time for him (Jayden), but this, when we hold the ball, I think we are behind. I miss Ennis more than I thought.

So the centre who had 9 defensive lapses yesterday agaisnt shyte opposition is ok, but our main weapon in Johnson is prime to go? Our equal leadign try scorer IS the biggest of our problems. As is williams as is Nikora. None have another gear at present & are getting toasted.

1990 sharkie

Juniors
So the centre who had 9 defensive lapses yesterday agaisnt shyte opposition is ok, but our main weapon in Johnson is prime to go? Our equal leadign try scorer IS the biggest of our problems. As is williams as is Nikora. None have another gear at present & are getting toasted.

Nikora is making his tackles and running his lines. His runs are good. You're just a dumb f**k.
Xerri is looking bad in defence because Chad is next to him, he is acting like he can read the play and shooting up and doing nothing.

The one change we could do is just play with 12. Chad is shit, until you can admit that no-one will take you serious

Nikora is making his tackles and running his lines. His runs are good. You're just a dumb f**k.
Xerri is looking bad in defence because Chad is next to him, he is acting like he can read the play and shooting up and doing nothing.

The one change we could do is just play with 12. Chad is shit, until you can admit that no-one will take you serious
Hey bob the builder , dont go getting too upset Ok. Nikora missed 7 tackles yesterday. You know, thats not good. Hes getting toasted. OK?

Tiger Shark

Bench
The main change I want to see is Blayke in for Jayden, or put Blayke on the bench.

He's clearly the preferred hooker with him being the one who's here next year.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
This forum:

That guy has made more songs than anyone on earth. Thousands and thousands or songs about names, birthdays, celebrities, inanimate objects, anything you can think of.

I found out about him from a hilarious podcast called the bonezone. They ended up getting him on the show and he made dumb songs for them. Good shit