What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10 Brisbane - YOU are a JOKE!

Funky Munky

Juniors
You are kidding right?

It means you are throwing your opinion out there with such reckless abandon as though you think your opinion is of high value or something. It is not. You are a worthless piece of trash whose opinion is about as valuable as a dog turd on the bottom of your shoe.

thats not very fair :(

babyg

Juniors
Mate I'm from Brisbane and I can't wait for the Grand Final.

and Craddick has been chitting me off too in the CM.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's funny anytime someone has mentioned Flogball Monkey spunk has been all over it. AwFuL troll and a poor one at that.

Bulldog Force

Referee
What's so funny about that?
Not sure whats funny you dribbler. Name me a bigger sport than NRL in Brisbane

Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle, Illawarra, Nth Qld, Country NSW and Country Qld: All RL heartlands

Listen, listen, boys. Perhaps this was taken the wrong way. Brisbane might be A Rugby League Heartland, but here in Australia, it is not THE Rugby League Heartland ;-)

Shorty

Staff member
What do you expect? It's an AFL brocaster, they're not exactly going to do a huge *ss RL GF special are they?
Being in Queensland is irrelevent.

Shorty

Staff member
9 Melbourne don't show or report league
That's because channel 9 treats RL like a detested bastard child while channel 10 knows that the AFL gets it ratings and looks after it.
you are truly stupid
Why?:?
I didn't say it was a good thing but that's pretty much the truth.
If channel 9 did it's job properly it wouldn't show anything close to AFL either but that's not going to happen.

What do you expect? It's an AFL brocaster, they're not exactly going to do a huge *ss RL GF special are they?
Being in Queensland is irrelevent.

No. No. No. No. No.

This is Queensland.
AFL is about as relevant as snow skiing here.

And as mentioned, do you think Ch9 Melbourne show NRL before AFL? Of course not.

El Diablo

Post Whore
and 7 Brisbane don't start off with boggerball in NRL GF week either

you are an idiot Shorty

Shorty

Staff member
and 7 Brisbane don't start off with boggerball in NRL GF week either
And? What's your point here?
It's common knowledge that channel 10 are AFL mad, I don't really understand why you're attacking me and calling me names for stating something.

Little bit strange.

Funky Munky

Juniors
And? What's your point here?
It's common knowledge that channel 10 are AFL mad, I don't really understand why you're attacking me and calling me names for stating something.

Little bit strange.

show anything that could be considered support for afl on here and you'll be shot down. these nuffies are all so one eyed is stupid

Goddo

Bench
Yeah the real problem here is not that Channel 10 promotes AFL, the program it has the rights to, but that channel 9 doesn't do the same for NRL.

We all know that in the rights deal for AFL there were media clauses, dictating how much/how long/when AFL is promoted, so don't be so surprised. But why doesn't 9 go into bat for NRL the same way?

I'd hate to sound like a broken record, but its because Gallop shafted the game at the last media deal because there is a cartel running our game. I feel like complaining to the ACCC about it... worse than the cardboard box cartel in Melbourne!

*Paul*

Juniors
I have a pulled-out-my-arse theory, people with their hands on the levers in say Melb will likely be AFL followers, in Brisbane they'll be NRL. The NRL person is more likely to put economics in front of allegiances, the AFL person the other way round, simply because of the cultural norms.