What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10 Brisbane - YOU are a JOKE!

Grand Final Week
Brisbane.
Rugby League heartland
You would think Channel 10 would lead with an story about the NRL grand final
Nope!

They lead with an AFL story NO ONE up here cares about.

Channel 10 Brisbane YOU are a JOKE

beads6

First Grade
LOL pretty poor although channel 10 is an AFL channel and there is also alot of Victorians living in QLD. Also the Storm and Eels in a GF not that many people will really give a rats arse about it IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why would you be suprised???? This is the channel that had that illiterate red headed Nuffy Voss doing the sport. He could barely string together a sentence. And the News reader "Billy i love tardball MacDonald" is one of the biggest Flogball fans you will ever see.

LOL pretty poor although channel 10 is an AFL channel and there is also alot of Victorians living in QLD. Also the Storm and Eels in a GF not that many people will really give a rats arse about it IMO.

A sh*t load more people up here care about the NRL grand final than the antics of some nothing AFL player

another afl thread.........

It's not an AFL thread
It's about one of the reasons Channel 10 is going broke. Brisbane is a rugby league. This is grand final week. And yet they don't lead the sports section with a rugby league story. They have all their priorities all twisted and it is why this channel is in financial strife.

Brutus

Referee
Would Ch 9 Melbourne start their sports news with RL during AFL GF week?

No.

Ch 10 Brisbane is indeed a joke.

I notice the red head Victorian was left without a boggerball story tonight on Ch 10 Sydney, so he just had to rave on about how good he thought the boggerball GF was when handing back to the newsreaders. Can't help himself.

Last edited:

4wardPass

Juniors
A sh*t load more people up here care about the NRL grand final than the antics of some nothing AFL player

Really ? That's interesting cause nearly everyone I know up here and I've lived here all my life couldn't give a toss about the storm or parra lol

I'm not even going to watch it live, I'm taking my Cruiser and going to DI Point 4wd'ing, fishing and a barbie n beers sounds better than watching the storm IMO :p

MsStorm

Bench
Really ? That's interesting cause nearly everyone I know up here and I've lived here all my life couldn't give a toss about the storm or parra lol

I'm not even going to watch it live, I'm taking my Cruiser and going to DI Point 4wd'ing, fishing and a barbie n beers sounds better than watching the storm IMO :p

You are so boring and def. not a rugby league fan.
I'd be watching any team playing in the finals and loving it.

Stop lying about your Cruiser and if by chance you do have one, jump overboard and stay there:p

Agent Mulder

Bench
Fox Sports News in Sydney is just as bad, On Friday night i had to go to work and wanted to see the Highlights of the Dogs Eels game before i left at 10pm, Anyway all they did for 20 minutes was talk about the AFL grand final and talked to every tom dick and harry about this crappy game.

It was a disgrace, You would think living in Sydney they would show the NRL first esp when it was huge game as it was on Friday.

Brutus

Referee

Yeah you're right. Nobody in Brisbane cares about the likes of Storm QLD Origin players Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Cam Smith, Dallas Johnston ect...

All they care about is nuffy AFL players and Geelong and St Kilda.:lol::lol:

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
It's obvious that league will never get a fair go as far as the media is concerned. I saw an adv for Foxtel last night and they were using AFL to promote their product.

I think we just have to accept it. Meanwhile league is quietly growing year after year.

You are kidding right?
So more people here in Brisbane care about some nothing AFL player than the NRL grand final?
Either you're a troll or absolute dumbass.

And if you can't get interested in the NRL grand final, you are not a rugby league fan, you are an imposter.

b&wdynamite

Juniors
It's not an AFL thread
It's about one of the reasons Channel 10 is going broke. Brisbane is a rugby league. This is grand final week. And yet they don't lead the sports section with a rugby league story. They have all their priorities all twisted and it is why this channel is in financial strife.

Just on what you said here mate,

I live in Montreal (from brissy) and they are talking about CanWest media trying to flog off their 49% share of channel 10 Australia for about $500mil - so saying Ten is worth over $1billion. In the article they had in the paper here they said that it was all on the back of
masterchef??? Is the word there channel 10 is stuffed?

Anyways, Ten has never cared much for Brissy since they changed from Channel 0 - back when Billy J. Smith called the footy.....

I agree with what you say though, Brisbane IS a rugby league town and 10 should have led with it...