What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10 sport report - Mixed news?

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
DA still believes in using 1 primary hooker in his 17 man squad. The reason he is using keating/kinga this year is because nothing was working and we had no other players to pull from wenty that could step up.

Next year we will see a bench that consists of: 2 forwards, 1 backrower, 1 centre.

Mitchell will not be on the bench for the start of the year, and that i am confident of. Mid next year i can see possibly Mitchell getting a gig in FG.

Out of the players mentioned, i would love to keep Kinga and lowrie but if it ment paying overs.... no thanx. Im over the Hagan saga and paying 3x more for players then they are worth.

Last edited:

Raudonikis

Juniors
everyone seems to have fallen in love with lowrie n robson,yet they are just fill ins and play accordingly,we have far better options than these guys coming back from injuries.Seriously some of you people who pump these gus up have absolutely no idea.

Stagger eel

Staff member
everyone seems to have fallen in love with lowrie n robson,yet they are just fill ins and play accordingly,we have far better options than these guys coming back from injuries.Seriously some of you people who pump these gus up have absolutely no idea.

fill ins who are exceeding expectations..

tbh, i can understand why people would be sad to see them go, Robo has earned his money three times over imo, Lowrie is playing like a first grader and has for a good part of this season.

lewiscook

Juniors
if fit, I'm predicting he'll be in the 17 round 1 next season.

Hey stagger,
I dont no much about Anthony Mitchell, whats he like?
Did he support parra as a youngen etc... got his head screwed on...
I love it when players come up through the ranks and star that are passionate about parra, its great!

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
What really sh*ts me is we have fkn weller hauraki and Brendon Oake contracted who are both fkn useless. With their money we could keep lowrie and kinga. FFS

FK U HAGAN

Eels Dude

Coach
Imo i'd offer Kingston a contract before Robson tbh.
Kinga has been great out of dummy half, nothing against Robson but that spark off the bench with kinga is great for us. . .

Anthony Mitchell can be backup hooker next year. Who's going to be the backup half if we lose Robbo????

Kingston goes great, but with Mitchell coming through we don't really need 3 hookers. Whereas we do need a backup half and Robson has proven himself up to the task of at least being a handy 2nd option to KK and Mortimor.

lewiscook

Juniors
Anthony Mitchell can be backup hooker next year. Who's going to be the backup half if we lose Robbo????

Kingston goes great, but with Mitchell coming through we don't really need 3 hookers. Whereas we do need a backup half and Robson has proven himself up to the task of at least being a handy 2nd option to KK and Mortimor.

Nah nah i understand.
I wasn't really thinking with regards to back up halves etc...

Raudonikis

Juniors
By things you guys are saying, i wonder if you still think mortimer may not yet be up to the weekly grind of playing NRL.As so many of you said very early on when i told you we had a gun half ready to go.Fair dinkum some people here have absolutely NFI of what they are watching.I sat there on sunday watching that game and i am dissapointed in myself that i actually Listen to some people here bag the sh*t out of luke burt when in actual fact he has been 1 of parras best players the last 3 years.
I have to wonder if a heap of people at this site actually no WTF they are talking about in reguards to rugby league.

Stagger eel

Staff member
could Tim Auremi be added to the fulltime squad with baiteri?
i know the storm are wanting Auremi...

I think Tim has other issues to contend with before he puts on a pair of footy boots on again..I think his future is in the balance because of his neck injury.

Baiteri and Allgood will probably be in the part time squad..

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
By things you guys are saying, i wonder if you still think mortimer may not yet be up to the weekly grind of playing NRL.As so many of you said very early on when i told you we had a gun half ready to go.Fair dinkum some people here have absolutely NFI of what they are watching.I sat there on sunday watching that game and i am dissapointed in myself that i actually Listen to some people here bag the sh*t out of luke burt when in actual fact he has been 1 of parras best players the last 3 years.
I have to wonder if a heap of people at this site actually no WTF they are talking about in reguards to rugby league.

It's a public forum, everyone has a different opinion.

lewiscook

Juniors

I can honestly say i dont have a great knowledge with regards to parras junior palyers coming through the ranks and what have you.
I was exxcited about the fact Mortimer coming through our ranks but was never really sure what to expect with him in first grade so i never really made a judgement...
So yeah if that post was directed at me, i never really criticise certain players more so there positions and who should be where etc...

Stagger eel

Staff member

ok..then maybe DA has no idea because he's the one that took him off and didn't put him back on during the sharks game and then sent him home to Orange to get away from it all as he feared burn out..but hey! DA is just a clown like the rest of us, maybe you should run the team..:lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
By things you guys are saying, i wonder if you still think mortimer may not yet be up to the weekly grind of playing NRL.As so many of you said very early on when i told you we had a gun half ready to go.

DA isn't even sure he's up to the weekly grind of NRL every week at this stage. He said it himself last week that he thought he was struggling in training and and sent him home to Orange so he could relax for a few days. If that's what our coach feels, then it's a bit rich of you to criticize forum members for thinking the same thing of him at this stage of his career.

He may start next year poorly, like a lot of young halves do after being blooded the year before. We have to expect Daniel Mortimor to be inconsistent when he's so young, and maybe be tossed down to reserve grade when his form is not so good.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey stagger,
I dont no much about Anthony Mitchell, whats he like?
Did he support parra as a youngen etc... got his head screwed on...
I love it when players come up through the ranks and star that are passionate about parra, its great!

he's a North Queensland junior who came to the club 3 years ago, he's a very clever player out of dummy half who can tear the opposition to shreads at a drop of a hat, he's deceptively quick and has been playing and reportadly performing quite well for wenty atm.