What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 10 sport report - Mixed news?

Raudonikis

Juniors
ok..then maybe DA has no idea because he's the one that took him off and didn't put him back on during the sharks game and then sent him home to Orange to get away from it all as he feared burn out..but hey! DA is just a clown like the rest of us, maybe you should run the team..:lol:

Stagger u r an intelligent person,i cant understand what ur getting at there in reguards to my comment.i never Q Ando? i asked why people here pay the sh*t out a people who have busted their arse for this club yet have fallen in love with lowrie n robson..i seriously dont know why you would come up with the DA clown comment mate?

Bigfella

Coach
Every time I watch Robson play it brings a tear to my eye ... because he reminds me that we don't have Brett Finch at half any more!

For that he will be one of my all time favourite Eels players.

Raudonikis

Juniors
He said he took him off to give him a break from the pressure after he gave him the 4 day pass..he never took him off cos of form
He actually sent him home before the sharks game

Raudonikis

Juniors
DA isn't even sure he's up to the weekly grind of NRL every week at this stage. He said it himself last week that he thought he was struggling in training and and sent him home to Orange so he could relax for a few days. If that's what our coach feels, then it's a bit rich of you to criticize forum members for thinking the same thing of him at this stage of his career.

He may start next year poorly, like a lot of young halves do after being blooded the year before. We have to expect Daniel Mortimor to be inconsistent when he's so young, and maybe be tossed down to reserve grade when his form is not so good.

He never said that at all! HE said he gave him a break to refresh him,which it did..you are all dreaming thinking he will crash,its almost like you blokes want him to crash just to prove your selves right that he wasnt up to it when in actual fact you have all been proven wrong,big time!

Raudonikis

Juniors
I can honestly say i dont have a great knowledge with regards to parras junior palyers coming through the ranks and what have you.
I was exxcited about the fact Mortimer coming through our ranks but was never really sure what to expect with him in first grade so i never really made a judgement...
So yeah if that post was directed at me, i never really criticise certain players more so there positions and who should be where etc...

I directed nothing at you

wittyz chick

Coach
Anthony Mitchell is a gun and I cannot wait to see him play FG next yr. I'll miss Kinga but excited for Ant :D

But people let him take a game or 2 to get use to the NRL when he does play next yr not everyone comes out firing.. Don't abuse him from the first minute..

Please? :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Every time I watch Robson play it brings a tear to my eye ... because he reminds me that we don't have Brett Finch at half any more!

For that he will be one of my all time favourite Eels players.
Not as much as is brings a tear to Funch's eye, just think the hack next year would of been on 350k :crazy:

gustarny

Juniors
Hey staggs i spoke to Kw on sunday he has big wraps on Ken Sio he is playing for wenty and is only 18 says he is a class act will play 20s next year.Have you seen him play and what is your opinion.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He never said that at all! HE said he gave him a break to refresh him,which it did..you are all dreaming thinking he will crash,its almost like you blokes want him to crash just to prove your selves right that he wasnt up to it when in actual fact you have all been proven wrong,big time!
Are your hands sore from patting yourself on the back????

Watching DA on Fox last week he was unsure how Morts would go, he knew he was a talented player but he wasn't dominating in 20's. And with KK's injury he had no choice. As he said some players step up when they come into grade and he is one of them. So maybe you should bag DA as well because he had reservations ;-)

And who on here is saying Lowrie and Robson are the greatest players in the world???? The last 2 months they have done a great job for us and deserve some praise. Especially Robson who is on SFA.......

Stagger eel

Staff member

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25889342-5003409,00.html?from=public_rss

so maybe Dean Ritchie should not have used the words burn out then hey?

Eels coach Daniel Anderson said Mortimer needed a break - physically and mentally. "He has played eight to nine games so the honeymoon is over," Anderson said.

so Raudinikis, why bother sending him away when there's next to no chance of the kid burning out...I personally want the kid to be the second halfback in the clubs history to earn himself a premiership ring, why would we want to see him fail??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey staggs i spoke to Kw on sunday he has big wraps on Ken Sio he is playing for wenty and is only 18 says he is a class act will play 20s next year.

yep, heard that too, he has a decent strike rate for youngster too..

lingard

Coach
By things you guys are saying, i wonder if you still think mortimer may not yet be up to the weekly grind of playing NRL.As so many of you said very early on when i told you we had a gun half ready to go.Fair dinkum some people here have absolutely NFI of what they are watching.I sat there on sunday watching that game and i am dissapointed in myself that i actually Listen to some people here bag the sh*t out of luke burt when in actual fact he has been 1 of parras best players the last 3 years.
I have to wonder if a heap of people at this site actually no WTF they are talking about in reguards to rugby league.

Yeah, Raudonikis, 40% of us do! Remember? :lol::lol::lol:

Eels Dude

Coach

Of course that's what he meant. He gave him a break to freshen up, but also commented on the fact that the reason he did was because the week to week grind of playing NRL is a big step up for younger players so they need to be rested every now and then.

No-one has said he will crash, stop jumping to conclusions. Because he's so young there may be occasions where if the rest of the side isn't performing he may fall into a form slump and lose a bit of confidence like a lot of young players, especially halves to. Let's think long term here. I think he's our long term half, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent back to reserve grade next year to tune some skills and get some confidence back if he's playing poorly because that's what good coaches do.

Get of your high horse and stop turning this into a "I'm right, You're wrong" argument against people. Some of us think a bit more in depth than that. And for the record I've never not supported Morts inclusion in first grade and have always thought he's been up to the task.

Raudonikis

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,25889342-5003409,00.html?from=public_rss

so maybe Dean Ritchie should not have used the words burn out then hey?

Eels coach Daniel Anderson said Mortimer needed a break - physically and mentally. "He has played eight to nine games so the honeymoon is over," Anderson said.

so Raudinikis, why bother sending him away when there's next to no chance of the kid burning out...I personally want the kid to be the second halfback in the clubs history to earn himself a premiership ring, why would we want to see him fail??

Since when have you paid attention to journos stagger? i saw what ando said at that time on fox sports news,his actual words were i think he just needs to get away with his family for a few days,it was more to do with the media attention he was getting.IF he was worried about burnout he wouldnt have even played him that weekend.

Latest posts