What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Audio Last Night

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
From the start of the Raiders vs Broncos (delayed telecast) until the 44th minute, I had no commentary audio lol. I could only hear the crowd and the refs whistle etc.

Did anyone else cop this? lol

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah. On HD it was silent.

On regular it was commentary.

Suffice to say I watched HD. It was awesome. Just like you were at the game.

Billythekid

First Grade
I didn't get that. They did however cut to an ad with 5 minutes to go, the broncos put a little grubber in behind the line when they were only 2 down and whilst the ball was in play they went to an ad.

Cletus

First Grade
I kept hearing the director talking in the background of the Tigers-Titans game.

Dazraider

Juniors
I havent got HD but i could hear everything and didnt have a problem at all with both matches though i have had silence in the commentery other weeks on the 2nd game and thought was just my tv

beagle

Juniors
I noticed no commentary on 9HD too. WIN HD had the commentary, it was awesome having "viewers choice" last night, I switched between games and got to see the end of 2 close and exciting matches (The Broncos game still had about 8 minutes to go when the Titans game finished)

Last edited:

Paullyboy

Coach
I couldn't believe 9 stuffed up like that on such a crucial game. It doesn't bode well for them heading into the finals if they stuff up so bad on the first unofficial night of finals footy.

DC_fan

Coach
I often have trouble with the sound while watching HD. But only while the footy is on.

I switch over to Foxtel and watch it there without any problems.

Perth Red

Post Whore
geez they should make that an option every game! I'd much rather listen to the crowd than Gould.

boxhead

First Grade
One of the big problems with watching Channel 9 games in HD is that this regularly happens....it's pretty darn annoying; I remember in one of the Origin games this year, the commentary cut out for about 10-20 minutes.
Channel 9, honestly, need to be sacked from having the TV Rights; they don't take it seriously and they have a tendency to screw up so many of the games, plus those damned long ad-breaks in non-live games, their stupid selection of which game is live for which state, etc.

El Diablo

Post Whore
whenever i watch 9HD every so often you get a static sound for a couple of seconds

doesn't happen very often

JT_

Juniors
Despite the static sounds i enjoyed it. Felt like watching a proper game.

The HD audio from the Titans/Tigers game kept stuffing up with the commentary going from really loud to really soft but the no commentary in the Broncos/Raiders was fantastic, Andrew Voss is the most annoying commentator I have ever heard but that was a game I wanted to watch which was good.

Latest posts