What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 commentary

MEATWAD

Juniors
Fair dinkum I am getting sick of all the cross-promo and coming soon and great series rubbish that they stick in the commentary.

OK the Anzac day special is related to the game at hand (but I bet the cross wasn't live at all) but every week poor Rabs or someone has to stick a plug for some crap series in the middle of the game. I wish they would stop it.

MEATWAD

Juniors
Yes, there is that too. If you just took a raw transscript of what he says, half of it would make no sense at all.

KFC

Juniors
Yeah they just had a 5 minute chat about CSI Miami and what a great show it is and not to miss it on Sunday.

Southernsaint

Staff member
KFC said:
Yeah they just had a 5 minute chat about CSI Miami and what a great show it is and not to miss it on Sunday.

"A 300 ft wave is bearing down on Miami"

How could you NOT be excited??

OVP

Coach
Southernsaint said:
KFC said:

If only it were true ...

MEATWAD

Juniors
OVP said:
Southernsaint said:
KFC said:

If only it were true ...

... During their equivalent of schoolie's week (July) ...

rugged

Juniors
MEATWAD said:
OVP said:
Southernsaint said:
KFC said:

If only it were true ...

The equivalent would be America's "spring break".

... During their equivalent of schoolie's week (July) ...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The thing I hated about the coverage was that they would talk about the shows during the game, cricket do it as well, its becoming annoying now I dont think anyone would care, they just wanna watch the game.

Add to that the 50,000 add breaks. Thats why I said the test should be live, instead of putting some crap Tv show on with that Scott Scum bloke.

curry

Juniors
have anyone ver considered scrapping commentators and having players doing it themselves? as they play

i got the idea when rugby union did it on a tv ad, with wendell sailor and them playing and talking at the same time and i thought 'if it can work for rugby, it can also work for league'

hrundi99

First Grade
Rabs doesn't know what Wiki looks like.

He's only the captain of the Kiwis and has played 1st grade for 13 years, but hey...

I bet Rabs thinks all those Islanders look the same...

:roll:

Talking up the 9 shows during the cricket isn't so bad as it's an all day broadcast. Doing it in a 2 hour broadcast is just taking the piss.

Matt M

Juniors
I think some people should just stop complaining for the sake of it. It rarely takes away from the game at all, and quite frankly I don't care if they do it or not.

As for Fatty's comments
"Charger downerer" - if you couldn't see he was joking then you are a goose
"Its in the contract" - he was joking that Ch9 make him watch CSI all the time, after Sterling was saying how he always watches it.

hrundi99

First Grade
Matt M said:
I think some people should just stop complaining for the sake of it. It rarely takes away from the game at all, and quite frankly I don't care if they do it or not.

It does take away from the game as far as I'm concerned.

These guys are paid megabucks to commentate 1 or 2 footy games a week. Is it too much to ask that they watch all 7 games every week so they know who all of the players are?

I don't think so.

Matt M

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Matt M said:

It does take away from the game as far as I'm concerned.

These guys are paid megabucks to commentate 1 or 2 footy games a week. Is it too much to ask that they watch all 7 games every week so they know who all of the players are?

I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure they know who they are, but sometimes it is hard to tell who is who. When I watch the game I often look at a player and think it is someone else for a while, and I'm sure everyone else does too. Its just natural, no matter how many games a week you watch it will always happen.

Latest posts