What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 commentary

steggz

Juniors
Has anyone actually listened to Ginnane here that is pumping up his tyres? He is shocking AND WILL GO OVER THE TOP FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON WHATSOEVER!

CCJohnC

Juniors
Only one commentary worse on Channel 9 is their cricket commentators (They must get paid for each word they say)

Danish

Referee
With NSW pressing the line in the 2nd half, about 15m out Jennings drops the ball cold whilst being tackled.

Everyone at the ground saw it, everyone on TV saw it.

The commentators say nothing, not a thing. It shows they don't even watch

You mean old f**k Hodges stripped it, and the refs ignored it so as not to penalise poor QLD?

Incorrect

Coach
i like ginnane as a commentator and he hosts his sports shows well. Don't know how he'd go as a TV commentator though. Plus I know someone who works with him at triple m and she said no one likes him. Said hes the most arrogant guy at the network.

I used to say that about a heap of people I worked with too... turns out it was me who the arrogant git nobody liked... so you know, maybe just give that sheila the heads up that nobody likes her...

:p

Incorrect

Coach
besides cheering for qld, has wally lewis ever said anything in commentary other than "numbers to the left"?

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh Raffa! That near had me spitting out my lunch when I read that because I remember him saying that last night verbatim!!

I can hear him saying it now in that dull, lifeless tone of his...

Ibleedblue

Juniors
Why are people surprised and shocked at Lewis, Fittler, Gould etc showing bias towards their respective teams?

2 legends of their state and one of the most successful Origin coaches ever showing some some favoritism towards the state they gave so much for?

Wow what a shocker..

hutch

First Grade
Except Gould is not showing bias towards the state he coached. He is trying way to hard to look unbiased by favouring every call towards qld and jizzing over their superstar, champion, legendary players.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Could some1 please tell Gus that NSW are the actual champions of origin atm? You honestly wouldn't know if you were just listening to Gus.

Big Pete

Referee
Gus just rubs everyone up the wrong way.

He's never been big on loose carries which is why he was pro-Queensland with the video referee decisions. I thought he was being a little bit coy myself and he gave himself away with a very sheepish tone.

Outside of that, I actually think Gus is great at reading a game and highlighting the big plays. The problem is, he's a passionate Blue and he cannot help but let that seep through. That's evident whenever the Blues or Maroons score. Whenever the Blues score, it's rarely due to a bad Queensland read. For instance, he thought the Beau Scott was a great piece of play but didn't really talk about the horrible read by GI in the lead up. Then when the Maroons put together a nice play for Chambers to score, he spends the entire replay bagging out the Blues. Like I said, he can't help himself and while he'll always have something nice to say about JT, if the Blues give him an inch, he'll take a mile.

Ideally, he'd make a great pre-game, half-time and post-game analyst but there really isn't anybody who can take his place.

drago brelli

Bench
I think the ch 9 commentary is strangely entertaining. Warren is rapidly approaching senility, eg; "that kick has volume", what?. Fittler, Johns and Finch act and speak like Yr 8 school boys. Apart from Stirling they is bias on both sides.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Wally Lewis after Hunt ran the ball from dummy half on the last getting tackled resulting in a handover...

" if they had their time over the Broncos may have come up with a different play there..."

No wonder he was an Immortal with insight like that..

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Rabs was on fire today. Calling Gillett Parker and wondering why Kahu was kicking goals

Well past his used by date, shame to hear him like this

Latest posts