What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

carcharias

Immortal
dunno why ....but this always makes me laugh.

I only get to see the show a few times a year and it is usually on.

0.jpg

dogslife

Coach
It's been crap for about 5 or 6 years to be honest and I gave up watching it about that long ago. I never liked Matt Johns or Chief, and the Fatman has lost the plot I think. Even though I don't really like AFL I always make a point of watching or taping the AFL footy show on my IQ. That show is a hoot, Sam Newman is probably the funniest man on tv

Brutus

Referee
As a rugby league fan who craves RL news, I iQ the Footy SHow just in case there is a decent interview or something out-of-the-ordinary funny.

It usually takes me about 10-15 mins to ff through the entire show.

The Footy Show thread on here is usually a good enough reference point to see what parts of the show are worth watching the following day.

Last edited:

Scott

Bench
And for another year people will whinge and cry about TFS and Continuous Call team... and for another year the same whingers will continue to watch and listen in order to criticise said shows.

Funny stuff.

haha - classic, you've hit the nail on the head.

If you don't like it, turn it off!!

Hench

Juniors
:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I find the AFL footy show better, and you don't watch it because you want intelligent football talk. But its still watchable and its not as bad as most of the other crap on tv.

The AFL one is much better.

I actually started watching AFL on a semi-regular basis because of it. Not sure I should be saying that on a rugby league forum :lol:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
New year, same crap is correct, we can look forward to a thread soon from the people who will "never watch the footy show again" and the proceed week after week to give a blow by blow account of the show

Get over it people

cleary89

Coach
The AFL one is much better.

I actually started watching AFL on a semi-regular basis because of it. Not sure I should be saying that on a rugby league forum :lol:

I do too. Don't care for the AFL talk, but Sam on the streets and the sh*t they give him on the panel is sick. And Shane Crawford is good. Without them two I wouldn't watch it, but makes it so much better than ours.

PB

Bench
New year, same crap is correct, we can look forward to a thread soon from the people who will "never watch the footy show again" and the proceed week after week to give a blow by blow account of the show

Get over it people

I haven't watched the show for several years - well, i might pause on it for 2 minutes while channel surfing catch a piece of toilet humor which they were trotting out 10 years ago when i did watch it - and then move on.

This thread was about the advertisement (don't have to watch the show to see the ad.) - for the network who are supposed to be the "home of rugby league" but have rubbish programming (not to mention a blind old commentator who at one stage last year got Geoff Daniella and Blake Ayshford mixed up - and wouldn't be able to name three Warriors players because he calls their games about once a year) and haven't done anything to improve their overall coverage of rugby league for about 10 years.

I don't mind it. I watch it every Thursday when i get home from training. It's a routine for me to watch it every week but i prefer The Sunday Footy Show. They talk more about footy and it's actually pretty decent.

I'm not a fan of Brohman though. Writes off a lot of teams like Warriors (One of the reasons i don't like him), Cowboys, Sharks, etc. He just cares about his beloved Penrith Panthers. Plus he's not funny and he tries too hard.

Hopefully it's better this year and not the same crap as previous years. I can't stand Mario anymore. He just gets picked on and it's old now. The show would better if Sterlo was on full-time. He's a legend.

Danish

Referee

Get over it people

You can't judge the show on whether or not people on here will still watch it.

Hell most of the members of this forum would watch a family member being crucified if the executioner had a jersey on. They'd complain buy they'd watch.

Problem is the footy show is only surviving off these absolute die hards. They aren't increasing their ratings, and they certainly aren't attracting more people to the code.