What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

Nuke

Staff member
I always find it interesting that RL people seem to prefer the aussie rules Footy Show, while aussie rules people seem to prefer our Footy Show. I live in Perth, and I know quite a number of die-hard aussie rules supporters who watch and prefer the RL Footy Show.

For one, I love our own Footy Show. It may not be what a lot of people want it to be, but from the perspective of someone who lives in a non-RL-heartland area, it promotes Rugby League. It spreads the RL word, even if there's little mention of the weekend's games, ect. Just the mere mention of clubs names and players helps to spread the word.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And for another year people will whinge and cry about TFS and Continuous Call team... and for another year the same whingers will continue to watch and listen in order to criticise said shows.

Funny stuff.
:lol: Glad I'm not the only one that thought exactly that.

Didgi

Jobdog and Timmah agreeing? What next, Gaba editing a post?

As for the show, it's league, there's nothing else on, good enough for me and most. There is league talk and most of that is fairly decent, if they changed the show around they'd get a lot of old warblers back.

Love how people get all up in arms over it and how it needs to promote the footy and discuss the game blah blah blah, seriouslyly if you dont get your fix via fox sports, the paper, the internet and discussion around the water cooler in the office you really need to get a life, I watch each game every week and sometimes a replay or two!

Good too see the charactors of the game cut loose and love the fat!

Despite the poor production values. I enjoy it due to the fact that there is nothing else on. They say every year they undergo a major off-season revamp, yet things stay the same. Hopefully, this year will be different.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Jobdog and Timmah agreeing? What next, Gaba editing a post?

As for the show, it's league, there's nothing else on, good enough for me and most. There is league talk and most of that is fairly decent, if they changed the show around they'd get a lot of old warblers back.
STFU Didgi.

Timbo

Staff member
Daryl Brohman still isn't funny. That thing with Slash was cringeworthy.

Also, that bit in Brisbane. Not funny.

When will they learn - we want you to talk about football, not be amatuer comedians!

Chook Norris

First Grade
It's a thursday night show man in a late time slot.. you can't expect them to talk footy straight for 2-3 hours straight do you?

Timbo

Staff member
I expect the ratio of a show called 'The Footy Show' to be more about footy than anything else.

And the comedy segments are just not funny! I was hoping there'd be a season preview of some sort. I've given up and switched off.

cleary89

Coach
Good, f**k off and don't watch it again, then we don't have to read your complaints about a show that has been on for 18 years and has been exactly the same for those 18. Oh but wait, you probably expected 2 hours of solid footy talk this year for some reason, right?