What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

HowHigh

Coach
I still think Ennis is a f**kwit, I watch him play footy, not what he does in his personal life. (It is a good thing they are doing though)
I enjoyed the origin talk. The Footy Show needs more footy talk like lastnight and less unfunny skits/segments.

Coleworld

Juniors
I think Fatty Vautins time as the host is up, they need to start again. He just isn't funny anymore and i think some fresh faces and ideas can bring more life to the show.

Perfect Partners is a great segment. Although, the questions are pretty bland. I remember a couple of years ago, they had questions like "What is (Partner's name)'s bra size?".

kmav23

Juniors
I think Fatty Vautins time as the host is up, they need to start again. He just isn't funny anymore and i think some fresh faces and ideas can bring more life to the show.

fatty his head wobble... someone tell him its not funny anymore....

daryl fat jokes every time

fittler struggles to think and talk....

Didgi

Get Beau Knows off, 5 minutes of JT laughing would be enough for the whole show :lol:

kmav23

Juniors
somone put vautin out of his misery...

he looks and sounds like an old prune...

no life left just going thru the motions to earn the massive paycheck

earning millions from head wobbling for 20 yrs...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I occasionally give the channel a flick to see whats happening and its still the same stunted, unfunny crap it was 7 years ago when I stopped watching it all the time.

I think the concept and humor are out of date. I remember when the show used to be a real weekly event in the late 90's and thats exactly where its stuck.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's always been cheap, low-brow humour with the odd footy-themed talk now and again.

Anyone who's ever thought it to be a high-quality RL show is kidding themselves :lol:

cleary89

Coach
If they got rid of fatty for someone who actually does good footy talk would be a massive cry from the majority of the public. Getting someone like matty who we all know can do good serious footy talk but still appeals to the bogans would be good imo.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Love the way they keep trying to make it look like there is a big studio crowd by moving the seating around, when all it's done is decline in popularity year by year.

ive notice the drastic drop in size, back in the days when they had the guy from screaming jets and an inhouse band that used to feature grothe or chad randall they had at least 3 bleachers, now they just have one little piss poor one. the show isnt as good as it used to be back in the day, but ill keep watching it till the end, as much as brohmans pathetic selp deprecating
humour makes me want to take a cricket bat to the tv

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Having been in the audience twice, I can confirm they always oversell tickets and end up having not enough seats.