What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

some11

Referee
Best thing about tonight's show - Benji being nice and blunt to Fatty telling him to stop interrupting him and stfu, he wanted to straight talk and not dribble. About time someone called him out on his smug crap.

cleary89

Coach
Must have missed that. I only paid attention up until they did their take on the x men preview, but thought the show was real good. Vossy was ok, the origin interviews were good. Cahill is decent, beau was funny, the x men was funny.

Decent night.

Apey

Staff member
I thought the show was shit last night.

May be due to me mainly missing the first 30 - 40 minutes.

Beau was okay, Benji looked like he wanted to smack a bitch, and Mario is an absolute embarrassment to himself and the show for bringing him back on each week.

gUt

Coach
I reckon they could get a laugh or two if Darryl is happy for them to make a joke about his weight/size. They should try it and see what happens.

Liddell

Juniors
Best thing about tonight's show - Benji being nice and blunt to Fatty telling him to stop interrupting him and stfu, he wanted to straight talk and not dribble. About time someone called him out on his smug crap.

Its the same when they have Burgess on there, he throws his opinion in then they spend half the show teasing his accent. Meanwhile they have that fat f**k Brohman going on about food week after week, looking for any excuse to eat something halfway through the show.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Its the same when they have Burgess on there, he throws his opinion in then they spend half the show teasing his accent. Meanwhile they have that fat f**k Brohman going on about food week after week, looking for any excuse to eat something halfway through the show.
Burgess, Benji and a few other players are already just naturally better at being tv panellists than Fatty/Brohman/Fittler who've been doing it for years.

A panel of Matt Elliot, Sterlo, Benji and Burgess would be way better than what they have now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was Freddy he was pissed at, not Fatty.
I reckon they could get a laugh or two if Darryl is happy for them to make a joke about his weight/size. They should try it and see what happens.
2GB do it to the extent he puts shit on himself for his size - Footy Show should probably try it, you're right.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The big marn + donut fiasco was hard to watch.

I wish they would change the format and include some actual highlights, for the people who don't have fox

BunniesMan

Immortal
The big marn seems like a nice enough bloke but he has 1 routine, making fun of his own weight. The bloke is a walking heart attack and it might have been funny the first time but it's lost it's humour the ten thousand times since. The donut BS was painful to watch, and as if you'd try and have a go at a healthy eating initative for kids when there's so many fat kids around.

Get rid of Brohman.
Get rid of Fittler.
Get rid of Voss.
Get rid of Mario. I love the bloke but he's hopeless on the show, insulting him stopped being funny a long time ago.
Reduce Fatty's role from main host to being just one of the panellists. He's tolerable but as a host who is supposed to be running the show, he sucks.

Bring in Sterlo as the host. With Fatty/Elliot/Benji/Burgess as panellists. Sterlo is much better at keeping the show running along, Fatty would be the "funny" guy, Elliot for the coaches/management perspective. Benji/Burgess for the players perspective.

Do what BunniesMan says and you might just get more than laughable ratings.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Maybe it's just me but I don't think we should listen to the advice of someone who refers to themselves in third person when making suggestions :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Maybe it's just me but I don't think we should listen to the advice of someone who refers to themselves in third person when making suggestions :lol:
On the rare occassion when I come up with what I think is a good suggestion, I reward myself with a bit of third person to make me feel like one of these people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illeism#Notable_uses

Edit: And how many people knew it was called Illeism? You can thank me for bringing that fact to the masses.

whall15

Coach
Pele can't get away with referring to himself in the third-person and he's a legend.

You're not a legend.

Latest posts