What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

RedVDave

First Grade
I must admit I usually enjoy TFS on Thursday night to unwind from a days work, but Thursday's nights episode was possibly the worst ever, Beau Ryan was funny for the first couple of weeks 2 years but his comedy act is stale as anything and unbelivably outdated, plus I am really over Mario nothing against the bloke personally but you can only laugh so many times at "ay ay fat is this a stitch up or what" I understand that they need to have a bit of comedy on the show but they should talk about more footy and have proper stand up comedians every now and then.

Didgi

After all the negative stuff posted about Beau Knows this week, I was expecting it to be really horrible. I actually thought it wasn't too bad this week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It wasn't Beau Knows, it was "at home with Beau and Chris". I found it woefully unfunny compared to his older material.

Big Pete

Referee
It's a shame because Beau was easily the highlight last year.

That skit on Thursday had potential until they got caught up on the whole rent bit, which was a funny premise until they milked it for more than what it was worth. Then it nose-dived with Heighno, and the end bit with DJ Yallah was just random.

Honestly, I don't know how Beau couldn't see those characters - Palmer and Yallah - as just one offs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yallah has potential when used as part of a Beau Knows skit (ala Beau Knows AFL), same probly goes for Donny Palmer and Beau Knows Gold Coast.

Personally I reckon they need to space him out (every second week or so) and just have Beau Knows. Keep him fresh and use his strengths.

Big Pete

Referee
Both characters are basically restricted to one joke.

I can't recall how Palmer was introduced but Yallah's only decent moment was in the 'Beau Knows Beauty' skit.

His Bunji Marshall character had more potential than both and I don't think I'd really want to see him again.

kmav23

Juniors
they repeat a funny joke over and over till not funny then keep repeating it another 50 times

Danish

Referee
Having not watched te show in a while I've no idea if beau Ryan is still funny or not, but I've got a somewhat out there idea to make the show funny.

How about using actual comedians who know about football instead of footballers who think they are funny? Sounds crazy I know....

beave

Coach
loving the old school metal in the background of todays show.............. nothing like Metallica and Sepultura on a Sunday morning!!! ;-)

BM1979

Juniors
loving the old school metal in the background of todays show.............. nothing like Metallica and Sepultura on a Sunday morning!!! ;-)

I am starting to get old if Metallica and Sepultura are now considered as old school

beave

Coach
well it was 'Puppets' and 'desperate cry', puppets is 25 years old so IMO surely that has to be in the old school category surely...???

BM1979

Juniors
well it was 'Puppets' and 'desperate cry', puppets is 25 years old so IMO surely that has to be in the old school category surely...???

Im not disagreeing with you im just coming to realize the inevitable fact that my generation has passed

cleary89

Coach
the comedians they had on last year were real good. different teams fan each week, 2 minute set. winner from crowd vote moves on. That was the idea behind it, but they only did it for 2 weeks from memory.

Would be sick if they did it properly, get 15 weeks of a ~ 5 minute segment that is actually funny.