What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 Footy Show 2011 - New Year - New Ad - Same Crap

Because all he ever did was bat himself stupid over mark Hughes, matt gidley or some other Newcastle spastic for the whole show.

Even last night with Idris and Carney on he has to ask Idris if he was close to signing somewhere other than the gold coast when everyone knows he was strongly linked to the Knights.

Is one eyed rabbitoh the same person as stand and be counted? they seem to be the only two people unable to post pictures properly

edit: whoops meant to be in lol@souffs forum

IanG

Coach
My fav episode of all the footy shows was one hosted by uncle Doug Mulray. What a difference it made having a host with the skills to do the job, and also be funny.

Bring back Dougie.....I say.

When did Doug Mulray host The Footy Show? I don't remember that. I thought he got banned from the Nine Network after Australia's Naughtiest Home Videos

HowHigh

Coach
Get a life you pathetic little man. I was making a direct comparison. Whenever Vossy dared to show a 3 second clip on the NRL footy show f**kwit geniuss like you would open your mouths and whinge "but the AFL footy show in Victoriania would never mention us" and some would mention some big channel 9 conspiracy to pump up AFL and kill NRL.

Now we've seen two examples in recent weeks of the AFL footy show giving positive airtime to the NRL and promoting the Storm and I'm just pointing it out so the losers who have nothing better to do than hate a code remember it next time they're about to have a sook that the NRL show puts on 3 seconds of AFL.

And this is a thread about the Footy show. And I was talking about things that happened in the Footy show. None of that has anything to do with any "melbourne sports report" you mentioned. I wasn't comparing Melbourne coverage as a whole compared to Sydney coverage of the codes. I was comparing the AFL show and the NRL show and showing that they both mention the other sport and that neither think in a hateful and spiteful way that you do.
AFL is a pathetic sport. Shouldn't be mentioned at all on the NRL footy show, or preferably anywhere!

Brutus

Referee
Get a life you pathetic little man. I was making a direct comparison. Whenever Vossy dared to show a 3 second clip on the NRL footy show f**kwit geniuss like you would open your mouths and whinge "but the AFL footy show in Victoriania would never mention us" and some would mention some big channel 9 conspiracy to pump up AFL and kill NRL.

Now we've seen two examples in recent weeks of the AFL footy show giving positive airtime to the NRL and promoting the Storm and I'm just pointing it out so the losers who have nothing better to do than hate a code remember it next time they're about to have a sook that the NRL show puts on 3 seconds of AFL.

And this is a thread about the Footy show. And I was talking about things that happened in the Footy show. None of that has anything to do with any "melbourne sports report" you mentioned. I wasn't comparing Melbourne coverage as a whole compared to Sydney coverage of the codes. I was comparing the AFL show and the NRL show and showing that they both mention the other sport and that neither think in a hateful and spiteful way that you do.

f**k off:lol:

undertaker

Coach
Poor Mario can't seem to take a trick. In the new segment last night (similar to "Win Fat's cash"), in the "Who am I?" question, Fatty started off by saying "I'm a high school dropout..." and then someone in the audience yelled out "MARIO!":lol::lol::lol:

The look on Mario's face after that was priceless

undertaker

Coach
When did Doug Mulray host The Footy Show? I don't remember that. I thought he got banned from the Nine Network after Australia's Naughtiest Home Videos

Yes, he did get banned after that infamous "Australia's Naughtiest Home Videos" episode, but then he filled in for Fatty on one occasion (since I posted regarding this, I had a look at "NRL Footy Show - decade of hits" DVD and found the clip, he was doing some impersination of someone and Toovey, sitting beside him on the panel, was laughing his guts off). But yeah, don't ask me how he got back on Ch9 after Kerry gave him the third degree only years earlier.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Clive James (or whatever his name is, he's a well known Australian broadcaster who made a name of himself in the UK) also filled in as guest host on one occasion too.

Last edited:

wittyfan

Referee
Yes, he did get banned after that infamous "Australia's Naughtiest Home Videos" episode, but then he filled in for Fatty on one occasion (since I posted regarding this, I had a look at "NRL Footy Show - decade of hits" DVD and found the clip, he was doing some impersination of someone and Toovey, sitting beside him on the panel, was laughing his guts off). But yeah, don't ask me how he got back on Ch9 after Kerry gave him the third degree only years earlier.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Clive James (or whatever his name is, he's a well known Australian broadcaster who made a name of himself in the UK) also filled in as guest host on one occasion too.

I think Mulray was impersonating Raudonikis! hehe

wittyfan

Referee
Also Pearce's round and firm arse was the highlight of last night's show, and I now fully understand BHP's infatuation with him tbh.

Geohood

Bench
I feel sorry for Mario... he one day needs to plan making an apparance and having something dropped on every member of the panel in one go lol... there needs to be some two way action not just all the shit (figuratively and literally) getting put on him!

IanG

Coach
i feel sorry for mario... He one day needs to plan making an apparance and having something dropped on every member of the panel in one go lol... There needs to be some two way action not just all the shit (figuratively and literally) getting put on him!

mario's revenge!!!!!!!!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
Because all he ever did was bat himself stupid over mark Hughes, matt gidley or some other Newcastle spastic for the whole show.

Not to mention all the times he defended the Knights after poor performances, defending Knights players when they were way out of form, defending the club or player every time they were involved in off field incidents. Defended the club every time after anything controversial happened there. At least Fatty and Sterlo, despite having allegiences to Manly and Parramatta respectively, are willing to put the boot into the club and players when they deserve it.

Not to mention all the times he defended the Knights after poor performances, defending Knights players when they were way out of form, defending the club or player every time they were involved in off field incidents. Defended the club every time after anything controversial happened there. At least Fatty and Sterlo, despite having allegiences to Manly and Parramatta respectively, are willing to put the boot into the club and players when they deserve it.

Agreed times 20

Chief may be one of the boys doing fun stuff on the show but his footy knowledge is crap, every tip he made was followed up by they got a tough pack of forwards, thier forwards are big etc

Latest posts