What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel 9 highlights package

franklin2323

Immortal
When the TV deal got signed a 2 hour weekly highlight package was mentioned for channel 9. I can't seem to find it anyone heard anything?

Last edited:

juro

Bench
Still waiting for all this extra coverage Nine were supposed to be showing each week. Anyone know anything?

some11

Referee
a2urtl.png

bobmar28

Bench
What happened to the promise of "two hours of rugby league content each evening on channel 94"?

DMS

Juniors
David Gyngell is an arrogant c**k...is anyone really surprised nine have come up short yet again....

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/06/nrl-extra-offer-is-still-there.html

NRL extra offer is still there
By David Knox on June 24, 2013

When Nine announced its new NRL deal in August of last year, it announced a raft of programming plans to feature the sport including its three weekly matches, several Thursday matches and to telecast on either primary or multichannel in each state.

But another pledge so far hasn’t materialised: two hours of Rugby League content each evening on digital Channel 94 plus two hours of content on Saturday and Sunday morning.

Nine has advised that while this hasn’t yet happened its offer to the NRL remains.

A Nine spokesperson told TV Tonight the offer to broadcast 2 hrs each evening on datacasting channel Ch. 94 (Extra) and on weekend mornings remained but NRL is yet to take up the offer.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe the devil is in the detail and Ch9 were sneaky and said they would broadcast but NRL had to deliver the content?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Haha, I just read that on TV tonight. So really we need to be making noise to the NRL to get this content out their. I could imagine that Channel 9's back catalogue is full of old State of Origins, test matches, grand finals, semi finals and just plain classic matches that could be shown each week.

Whether it's true that the NRL hasn't made it happen or whether Nein has just failed to deliver this is surely a kick in the arse for the Smith-Grant man-love association. They've f**ked up one way or the other.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That seems pretty obvious but even so there is the ability to get hours of nationwide RL content on tv and it is not being used.

W.Smith

Juniors
i have emailed the NRL about it just to see what kinda reply i would get in reference to the daily 2 hours extra on FTA

Latest posts