What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel 9 highlights package

Zigwaa

Bench
How hard is it get them highlights packages, old games or make them show repeats of the footy show(s).

undertaker

Coach
Yeah, what's happened to this so-called RL program Ch9 were going to have on their digital channels?

So it's up to the NRL to produce the content? Sounds like BS to me.

This.

Since their inception, I see that 7Mate have been showing quite a lot of footage from old AFL matches. There's absolutely no reason why Ch9 can't do the same on one of the myriad of channels they have.

Ch9's pulled off the exact same stock-standard excuse that we've all become accustomed to hearing from them over the years. Shall I remind you of what Jeff Browne said about how they weren't allowed to show RL matches into Victoria/South Australia/Western Australia at a decent time on GEM until the beginning of last season because they didn't have the technology to do it? Again, AFL had been showing matches LIVE on 7Mate in QLD/NSW well before then.

Last edited:

Jeffmister

Juniors
I don't really know why Nine/NRL can't start implementing something like this to meet the two hours of 'NRL on Extra' content they're contractually obliged to deliver:

Monday: Sunday Football repeat
Tuesday: NRL Full Time (Highlights show aired internationally)/'From the Vault' - Footy Show (collection of old discussions/segments/sketches from previous years)
Wednesday: 'From the Vault' - Viewers Choice (Simple poll on WWOS Facebook/Twitter pages listing four games with a common theme [eg; 2005] & most popular gets aired)
Thursday: 'From the Vault' - Weekend Lookahead (A previous match-up involving the two teams featuring in FNF or SF)
Friday: Footy Show repeat
Saturday: Friday Night Football (QLD game) repeat
Sunday Friday Night Football (NSW game) repeat

Of course this schedule can be changed in weeks leading up to Origin, the Finals and into the beginning of a new season. In addition, over time new features can be introduced into the schedule like having 'Directors Cut' repeats of FNF/SF using the camera angles featured in Jump-In during Origin or airing some press conferences from the different teams.

Although this is just a basic idea on how the content can be introduced quickly and please all parties by Nine fulfilling their contract, NRL getting extra exposure & fans being able to watch classic matches along with catching-up on games/shows.

Dogs Of War

Coach
You still didn't answer the question. Is it in the new contract or not for channel 9. Maybe you can answer without resorting to names.

Latest posts