What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 next week

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If enough people ring WIN Television (Ch 9's broadcast arm in ACT) to complain they may well change it.

To call WIN TV in Canberra

84 Wentworth Avenue Kingston NSW 2604
PO Box 4617 Kingston NSW 2604
Phone: 02 6234 5699
Fax: 02 6234 5693

http://www.wintv.com.au/national/contactus

Broncos vs Raiders should be broadcast live all across regional NSW.. This would mean Wollongong would get it live as well and they have much more interest in this match considering it could decide who the Dragons play in week one.

Bur seeing as this is the station that hired Mark Latham I'm not expecting anything.

Timmah

Staff member
Well it's actually up to WIN, Stelios, not Nine.

Timmah

Staff member
I've emailed them, I encourage others to do the same or ring them. win tv website go to contact us

Eelectrica

Referee
Good luck with the campaign. Fans should be able to watch the raiders make the finals and have the chance to say bye bye Broncos live.

steven_tiger

Juniors
What about other regional areas?

If WIN swap the ACT around, does somewhere like the Riverina (who also get WIN) have to watch the Raiders/Broncos game first?

I'd prefer to watch my team in a battle for 2nd thanks.

The Raiders will flog them anyway...

eels bloke

Juniors
Move to the Gold Coast and you get viewers choice on Friday Night every single week. NBN show the NSW game Ch 9 show the Qld game.

Sky NZ's showing both games live at the same time, so at least I won't have to try and stay awake through another boring Skilled Park friday night game to see the entertainers of the league run around against a desperate Broncos side.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Channel 9 should follow SBS's lead during the World Cup. Put one game on 9 and the other on Go. Now, surely Go is not a sports channel and it's mainly aimed at young adults, but surely 2 hours on a Friday night letting viewers choose which game they want to watch live wouldn't kill them!

Paullyboy

Coach
I remember reading somewhere that they aren't allowed to put it on GO!

I've got a dilemma though considering I live in Sydney at the moment, I've got to sit through another boring Titans game to wait for my beloved Raiders, and someone avoid other people/my phone/internet the whole time to ensure the score doesn't get given away.

docbrown

Coach
I remember reading somewhere that they aren't allowed to put it on GO!

I've got a dilemma though considering I live in Sydney at the moment, I've got to sit through another boring Titans game to wait for my beloved Raiders, and someone avoid other people/my phone/internet the whole time to ensure the score doesn't get given away.

Not until the anti-siphoning agreement is sorted - god knows when then that will be now.

But if the they bring in the Use It or Lost It Policy, which is expected, then the NRL can finally force Nine to play games nationally on either its main FTA, its Digital live or give the game over to Fox in those other states (which I'm sure they wont do). Likely bet it'll go to digital.

The NRL can argue for it as soon as the agreement is finalised, which all depdens on which government is elected and how long they take to review it. If the Coalition gets in, they'll like restart the process all over again.

There is a flip side though - the AFL have currently had to suspend their negotiations because of the uncertainty. If it drags out to Jan 1st next year, the NRL will be in their negotiation period and they can ask Nine to make their first offer on Jan 1st (if the agreement is settled by then). Nine then have 90 days to respond.

It means the networks will have to weigh up their decision at the same time, rather than be influenced by the AFL's earlier bargaining. The other thing I've heard is that AFL may opt for a 4 year deal so that their next window will be 2 years prior to NRL (again so they can try and get dollars). However they won't get a billion and they would actually risk decreasing their offers slightly because the networks lose a guaranteed 1 year on their contract. As rights go up, the more money the TV networks pay today, the less they'll have to pay in 4-5 years. Getting the longest contract possible is in their interest (which is why the Nine 6 year deal sucks).

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'll listen to ABC Online to follow the Broncos/Raiders game as I've got to get up early the next day. As a Panthers fan I have more interest in the Titans/Tigers match, but I'm also intrigued by the likelihood of the Broncos missing the finals for the first time since 1991.