What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9 starts the year in breach of contract

dgsfan

Juniors
That's why he said it's a good test to see IF the ARLC is better than the pushovers. He didn't call the ARLC a bunch of pushovers.

kurt faulk

Coach
I can already tell you what happens in all 3 of those CSI repeats.

They catch the bad guy in the end.

no way. ahh man you just ruined it for me.

seriously, who watches this show? let alone three different versions of it?

Moffo

Referee

57624.gif

Lambretta

First Grade
Can Channel Nein just f**k off already?

Do we know if they will play it on GEM or another channel, or is that a stupid question?

Channel 9 have stated publically that they will not be showing sporting events on GEM as that's not their target audience.

Except the cricket as that's not a sport it's a past time. Oh and the World Club Challenge because that's not a sport it's a cultural exchange program.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I will party for three days non stop if these merkins lose the rights.
Couldn't agree more Ronnie. Only ever watch one game a week on 9 anyway....7.30 live game. Can't bring myself to sit through all the dribble and ads on the other 2 games. The sooner the Nrl wake up and realise that Chanel 9 is a basket case the better!......Proved it last week with the original scheduling of the Manly/Leeds game and outdid themselves with this one. Cant see how the Nrl could ignore Perth and Melbourne fans being treated so poorly. Especially with expansion plans on the agenda...........Farkin poor effort 9

Stiffy Rogers

Juniors

What is this word "merkins"? I'm seeing it everywhere... especially on this forum. I'm guessing it means wanker or dickhead. I looked it up and I've narrowed it down to these two --

1. The removable sheepskin headband found on the inside of safety hardhats are referred to as merkins by many in the mining industry of Western Australia

or

2. A pube toupee!

I'm really hoping it's No #2.

I'm out of the loop living in Japan... Hell, I know all about tentacles but nothing about Ashley & Merkin.

El Diablo

Post Whore
What is this word "merkins"? I'm seeing it everywhere... especially on this forum. I'm guessing it means wanker or dickhead. I looked it up and I've narrowed it down to these two --

1. The removable sheepskin headband found on the inside of safety hardhats are referred to as merkins by many in the mining industry of Western Australia

or

2. A pube toupee!

I'm really hoping it's No #2.

I'm out of the loop living in Japan... Hell, I know all about tentacles but nothing about Ashley & Merkin.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=94704

Perth Red

Post Whore
There has to be a marketing opportunity for this forum for some sort of "Merkin" logo Tshirt!

Goddo

Bench
Nine have become a lazy incumbent with no grasp of the market or its demographics. Its a common trait amongst organisations that are running on the fumes of past, glories but whom the world has passed by right under their noses.

The time is now. Money won't be the only deciding factor in the next deal.

Respect motherf**kers. That shit carries a lot of sway. Nine don't get it, They've been an abusive spouse for two decades.

Ten get it. Seven get it. They'll use that in their pitch.

I prey to someone's God that it comes off.

Flying Spaghetti Monster is the guy you want to direct your prayers to.

gUt

Coach
Inner merkin? I think you're wearing it wrong...

L.

hmm well I haven't seen every merkin in the world but the merkins I have seen are all "innies" so I think it's appropriate.

Oh wait you think I meant merkin when I meant merkin.

eozsmiles

Bench
FMD 9 is run by incompetent merkins.

Just started negotiations for the rights to the ONLY thing keeping your channel alive and they pull shit like this.

It's almost like they don't want the rights.

We sure as hell want them to bid though!!!!!

RWB

Bench
Would it be a breach of contract on a Thursday night? I'd imagine there'd be different negotiations in place as it's not a standard Friday night game.