What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channel nine scum

Eels Dude

Coach
Agreed. Very disappointing. Wacthing Daryl and their outdated segments can still be fun, but no way should it given leverage over SOO.

Karlos

Juniors
I am shocked, genuinely.

Thes f**king pricks have been doing this type of sh*t for too long. After years in the wilderness I finally thought we were getting somewhere with league coverage in Victoria, but I am obviously mistaken.

They have now proved once and for all that they have no interest in League, its fans, its development, its survival. They must not secure the new tv deal under any circumstance.

Nine are absolute scum of the earth. The worse part is we can get foxtel but have to watch delayed telecasts anyway because of the tv rights. Either way unless you live in NSW or QLD, as a league supporter, you are completely f**ked over.

f**k them, f**k them, f**king f**k those scumsucking motherf**king merkins.

Stayed up until midnight to watch the Saints V Tigers last night only to find that it had been pushed out until 4am because of the tennis. 2nd game wasn't shown at all. 2 stations now and they cant show the f**king league. f**k those f**king merkins.

Karlos

Juniors
And where's Gould's big fat f**king mouth now? He wants the game to grow and develop but his bosses at nine actively stand in the way.

Speak up now Gould, stop worrying about the f**king video refs and get stuck in to those f**king bastards at nine.

merkins!!!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Stayed up until midnight to watch the Saints V Tigers last night only to find that it had been pushed out until 4am because of the tennis. 2nd game wasn't shown at all. 2 stations now and they cant show the f**king league. f**k those f**king merkins.

Yet on Thursday night when nein had the Tennis and Cricket on ch9 swapping between the two, they could manage to put the AFL footy show on their other channel (GO), yet the NRL footy show didn't get shown on GO into the other states.

They truly are a bunch of merkins.

RHCP

Bench
It's about time that Channel Nine realised that there's Rugby League fans outside of Sydney and Brisbane.

Karlos

Juniors
It's about time that Channel Nine realised that there's Rugby League fans outside of Sydney and Brisbane.

Its about time somebody with some authority in RL grew a pair and attacked channel nine for its anti-league activities so that there was some pressure applied to these f**king bastards.

Coaster

Bench
WTF !!!!!!! F### nine, the last origin telecast finished right on the siren, cutting all the MoM ect, spoilt my night so I rang to ask why but Nine Vic were closed and I got some snotty cockroach that raised her voice at me.

I just ran them now to ask why, once again they are closed

Call 03 94203111 Monday and voice your concerns, I'm sick of the mafia style blackout of anything non AFL in this city, McGuire and co control Nine and offer no contest to anything AFL to keep themselves in the AFL family.

This sh*t has to stop, the sooner nine are dumped from League the better

Coaster

Bench
I just rang and asked why? Was told that a desicion had been made and thats League doesnt rate well, i asked what basis they came to that desicion, considering that the Friday night games are never before midnight, the Sunday game is not shown at all, and the SOO will be delayed??

I asked why a station that owns the rights to League and spent so much money on getting it, would promote another code and not run against it.

They think the Hey hey rates better then the SOO, i asked if this was why they moved Hey Hey from Saturday to Wednesday not to compete with the AFL on a rival station, all denial.
is there any facts that i can use against this?

ring and complain
03 9420 3111
i spoke to Lorander

hutch

First Grade
lets get ringing people!

does anyone know of a number or email addressmwhere we can complain to the arl as well?

Serc

First Grade
is there any facts that i can use against this?

Here's a quick comparison, where I looked at the week surrounding origin 1 here: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/05/week-22-2.html

I think I've got this right (correct me if i'm wrong)...but there were more people watching Origin 1 in Melbourne, than watched Carlton vs Hawthorn on Sunday afternoon:

1 State Of Origin Rugby League NSW V Qld 1st – Match Nine 2,455,000 1,179,000 328,000 824,000 62,000 62,000

27 Seven’s AFL: Rnd 9: Carlton Vs Hawthorn Seven 436,000 46,000 271,000 7,000 108,000 4,000

parano1a

Juniors
Here's a quick comparison, where I looked at the week surrounding origin 1 here: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/05/week-22-2.html

I think I've got this right (correct me if i'm wrong)...but there were more people watching Origin 1 in Melbourne, than watched Carlton vs Hawthorn on Sunday afternoon:

1 State Of Origin Rugby League NSW V Qld 1st – Match Nine 2,455,000 1,179,000 328,000 824,000 62,000 62,000

Actually it's more than Hey Hey rated last night:

16 Total People Network 9 HEY HEY IT'S SATURDAY 801,000 231,000 314,000 125,000 74,000 58,000

Ratings for Origin Game 2 were somewhat lower though:

1 Total People Network 9 STATE OF ORIGIN RUGBY LEAGUE NSW V QLD 2ND - MATCH 2,156,000 946,000 271,000 849,000 50,000 40,000

Plus look at the massive switch off for the 30 min pre-match fluff between 7.30pm and 8.00pm. Almost half of the audience watching Two and a Half Men switched off when the Origin coverage started. This is the sort of thing network execs look at.

11 Total People Network 9 TWO AND A HALF MEN -RPT 1,100,000 335,000 344,000 230,000 82,000 108,000
5 Total People Network 9 STATE OF ORIGIN RUGBY LEAGUE NSW V QLD 2ND - PRE MATCH 1,417,000 647,000 187,000 584,000 0 0

I think the reason Nine aren't showing Origin 3 live in Melbourne is due to the fact its a dead rubber, very few Victorians care about the result, and it would definitely rate lower than Game 2. If it was the deciding match it would definitely be on live.

RL fans should be lobbying the Government to hurry up and fix the anti-siphoning laws, then they could show all Origins as well as every Friday Night NRL Game live on GO! or another 9 subchannel into Melbourne.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
Yeah I just plucked the origin 1 week randomly - good post there, the multi channeling thing is the most important part of the whole matter.

Coaster

Bench
Just to rub salt into the wound, Nine will tonight show a celebrity VFL game live at 7:30 , these c##nts need to removed from our sport.

jargan83

Coach
If you do not live in NSW/Qld Foxtel is a must. Living here in Perth at least because of the time difference the game is on at 8:30pm on Fox Sports. I know it's delayed but it's better then Channel 9 showing it at 9:30. Only an hour difference but the game is already finished.

A few pubs show it live, all of them that do are packed to the rafters

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
What a joke, Channel 9 don't deserve the rights to RUgby League. They can suck a fat one FFS. Main reason why league has no chance in any other state is because Channel 9 won't let it.

Molly

Juniors
If the NRL/ARL had any idea over televsion rights, they would sell packages to different bidders, eg Friday Night/SOO/Finals Series/Sunday would be bid for seperately and could be shown by a multiple of FAA networks.....dont get me started on the radio rights...

The SOO package could be sold seperately make plenty and put provisors on live national telecasts.

I dont understand why thery continually limit themselves to selling sole rights.....

The sum of the parts here would certainly be bigger than the sum of the whole....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
If the NRL/ARL had any idea over televsion rights, they would sell packages to different bidders, eg Friday Night/SOO/Finals Series/Sunday would be bid for seperately and could be shown by a multiple of FAA networks.....dont get me started on the radio rights...

The SOO package could be sold seperately make plenty and put provisors on live national telecasts.

I dont understand why thery continually limit themselves to selling sole rights.....

The sum of the parts here would certainly be bigger than the sum of the whole....

Way to keep up.

The NRL have publically come out and said that that is what they are planning on doing for the next deal.

Latest posts