What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2009

WHO WILL WIN THE 2009 CHARITY SHIELD GAME

• DRAGONS

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • RABBITOHS

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • DRAW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THE REF

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • WHO CARES

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • MY MOTHER INLAW

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Kalgoorlie Red said:
Why is it always the same two teams who play this game? Isn't it about time others were given a go? Gets a bit boring same two all the time.

There are a number of set trial traditions now, but none as big as the CS

Yearly now we have these same trials:
Foundation Cup - Roosters v Tigers @ SFS
Charity Shield - Rabbitohs v Dragons @ ANZ
Mercury Challenge - Dragons v Bulldogs @ WIN Stadium
Central Coast - Roosters v Eels @ Bluetongue
Hunter Valley - Knights v Sharks @ Cessnock
World Club Challenge - ESL v NRL Premiers @ UK

Fein

First Grade
Calm down mate, have some respect. You're talking to an Australian test cricketer there.

Regards,
Joe Montana

:lol::lol:

Well mate, when I saw him refer to Merv Hughes as a great fast bowler, he was forever dropped from my cricket team. ;-)

It's called tradition asswipe.

I think you'll find even non dragon/bunny fans look forward to this game. If you have the mindset of all WA league fans, here is the reason you do not deserve a spot in the NRL, yet.

Well said. I love the Charity Shield for these reasons.

• We finally see football! Two teams cracking! It's something we always look forward to.

• These two teams entertain, and always start the year with massive unpredictability, will they go good, will they go bad? We don't know. Plus the team personnel changes quite often, always a good indication of how they are gelling together, after all, they are two of the fifteen opponents my team will face.

Latest posts