What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2009

WHO WILL WIN THE 2009 CHARITY SHIELD GAME

• DRAGONS

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • RABBITOHS

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • DRAW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THE REF

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • WHO CARES

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • MY MOTHER INLAW

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joe9x

Juniors
i have tipped the Dragons, for no other reason except whoever wins the shield seems to have an average season. Bogey match.

Go the Dragons!!!!

Bring on round one

Fein

First Grade
another over sensitive vermin sook

Well, well, well, look who's roaming the catwalk, tiny todger wrist of terror!! :lol:

The kid with the pus eruptions in waiting, either side of his mealy mouth and just below his blackhead filled sweaty brow.

STFU you fat merkin.

Ya see kid, every year we front up for some legitimate silverware, be it the charity shield, the J.J. or the big kahuna.

At 20/100, and in the words of a well known Rose Tattoo song, "We Can't Be Beaten".

Unlike you, Penshurst Boy!! :lol::lol::lol:

Fein

First Grade
lol this guy is great

all this hatred because i told you 40 is a greater number than 38 ... sorry, i didn't mean to educate you

Hatred? :lol:

Youth like you need a thorough beating so I'm more than happy to assist where I can.

As usual. :lol::lol::lol:

what is it with old verim supporters and taking the internet ridiculously serious?

first nemesis now this pelican lol what a supporter base

Nemesis

Bench
what is it with old verim supporters and taking the internet ridiculously serious?

first nemesis now this pelican lol what a supporter base
verim supporters? :lol:

you keep replying to me one more time don't you? piss off you peasent
Seems you're the one taking it seriously limpy... :lol:

Must be your "p" word week.... pelican, peasent? :lol:

Last edited:
*Going back to topic*

This one should be interesting, I think the expectation for Bennett's Dragons are high, but I have some expectation on the performance of Souths this year.

It'll be interesting, hopefully a close game. I think the Dragons but just. Wont be surprised at all if Souths get this one.

At least it'll be good to see some bloody footy back. :D

Fein

First Grade
*Going back to topic*

This one should be interesting, I think the expectation for Bennett's Dragons are high, but I have some expectation on the performance of Souths this year.

It'll be interesting, hopefully a close game. I think the Dragons but just. Wont be surprised at all if Souths get this one.

It's always been such an iffy game in term of line ups but you can count on it being spirited.

A mentioned earlier, the game is a curse on the winner so here's hoping the club with ZERO premierships under it's belt can take the shield away.

Injuries always a curse, and no Gasnier this year.
The Dragons look solid as do Souths. This one is so hard to predict, more than others in the past.

Nemesis

Bench
*Going back to topic*

As you say, expectations will be high on both sides so it should be a cracker of a game.

Traditionally both of us tend to field near full-strength sides and seeing that we only play each other once in 2009, I'm sure each will want to get the "wood" on the other in the Charity Shield.

Could easily go either way... I just hope neither of our teams end up with a serious injury to a key player.

Fein

First Grade
Injuries always a curse, and no Gasnier this year.
The Dragons look solid as do Souths. This one is so hard to predict, more than others in the past.

Mate, they normally stack up one sided on paper only to see the opposite result delivered.

It's not just injuries that are the curse, it's winning the f**king thing. :shock:

Fein

First Grade
He's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed - just the biggest one...lol

Oh look, Tiny Todger Limp Wrist has logged off and ventured out into the dark unknown.

He's either pulling his pud at Mortdale station or stacking shelves at Penshurst as part of his work for the dole agreement.

Way to go Kid, one day you'll be an envelope licker. :lol:

petetheileet

First Grade
I have heard it from the great mans mouth himself that he attributes the charity shield to Saints poor starts to the season....

We will play the match very casualy...if souths show up wanting to win it..

they will

Spike

First Grade
So long as there is a good brawl or three, the result is an afterthought. If I had to choose, I'd go with the Dragons as Souths supporters will use the result as a reason they'll make the finals, at least until Round 2.

Latest posts