What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield 2024

Dragons4me

Juniors
I was hoping for some enterprising attack. When I see that, I'll know we're different from yesteryear. Our Bargeball game hasn't previously worked and won't moving forward. It's not all doom and gloom though. I have more hope under Flanno than Hook and others previously. I'm here for the ride though no matter what comes our way.

BLM01

First Grade
What I got from tonight
Attack needs work as we knew but good 1st half effort
Their reserve grade is better than ours no surprise and we lost pace in the 2nd half
We lost the shield
We can’t win the Challenge cup
I would not judge our season on the 2nd half
Sloan better positioning and efforts but must concentrate and get the errors out
Flanno junior tried but will take time with our attack hopefully
Happy with done tonight including kids but not the result

TheRev

First Grade
Kyle is a yard slower than I realised.. Hunt is slow too.. together its very hard to create some opportunity.. they arent going to get outside a defender.... and I dont think I saw even 1 nice backline movement tonight.

I think we will need to use a Bargeball strategy as mentioned above.. bash players with our backs and forwards.. try to come up with a power game.. and hope 1 or 2 speedsters come along in the meantime.. we desperately need our fullback providing that speed and creativity.. esp with slow halves.

redv13

Bench
If we lose Su’a whether to injury or another club we will be in complete disarray. At the end of the day he looks like the only one in our forwards that plays at an elite level, and actually put some fear into the opposition.
He was great tonight and a must keep. Not negotiable, get it done and I don’t give a rats arse if it’s a 4 yr deal. Be devastating to lose him

qld redvee

Juniors
thought eisenheuth sua and liddle were great , would have liked to see fifita with more game time and thought alec tuitavake looked good , BMM needs reserve grade , muhleisen is not the answer maybe Marshke for 14 I think next week flanno has to play close to top 17 to try to kick start the attack . Was unhappy with last try , you just knew souths were odds on to score . lot of work to do BUT with right selections we will improve .

hook hook

Juniors
You all need to relax. Flanno said that the NRL team would be hard to beat and they were exactly that, much more effort in defence from the firsts. That’s what we wanted. Reggie’s are a bit worse than Souths but be proud of the effort in the first half. No one expected us to beat Souths, even their reserve grade team. It’s just a trial and the firsts lived up to expectations on defence and grit in the first half. So everyone take a deep breath and accept what you were happy to accept before the scoreline played out, a gritty defensive first grade side.

Pablooo

Juniors
I haven't seen the game yet but from what I'm reading it seems we were competitive in the 1st half with a Souths team who were at about 70% and faded in the 2nd half because we have no depth. Sounds about right.
I actually thought the dragons were more dominant in the first 25 minutes and were unlucky not to take the lead with a couple of meat pies.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
get first half right.
work on second half next week.
i saw some better signs in our line speed, field position and individually some stronger more dynamic players

lots to work on also.

I liked the break by Bird and the pass from Hunt also to the break Sloan made through the middle.

The half line kick chase with Eisenhuth setting next to Hunt to meet the FB at the same time as the bomb was perfect and we almost scored. Perfect timing and effort by Eisenhuth and i see why he is there on the right next to Hunt.

The bomb from Hunt to Lomax to tap back to Eisenhuth who almost scored was strong also.

Last edited:

Pablooo

Juniors
get first half right.
work on second half next week.
i saw some better signs in our line speed, field position and individually some stronger more dynamic players

lots to work on also.
Dragons forwards made easy heads with hard running, short passes in the ruck and quick play the balls. I can already see Flannos signature touch in that first 40 minutes. If not for a few individual errors by the usuals, it could have been a very different result.