What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield proceeds

Fairfax

Juniors
Warren Smith said Saints have handed over $7.5m to Wollongong and St George Hospitals.

On the other hand, he said Souths are playing for Souths Cares, owned by Souths, which give Souths memberships, owned by them, to underprivileged kids. In essence, they're giving away free seats in an empty Stadium that they're being paid well to play at.

Surely that can't be right.

Can any Souths fans confirm or deny this? If that is the case it's scandalous, if it's not true Warren Smith should be ashamed of himself for saying things that aren't true...

Anyone?

juanfarkall

Coach
As a caller Warren Smith has little idea most of the time.
Can't imagine that anything else he says is accurate or correct.

Fairfax

Juniors
Apparently it's correct. That is the most appalling self-serving act of self-promotion I have ever heard of. They should be forced into dropping the name "Charity Shield". This is outrageous. But typical.

[FONT=&quot]
******************[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Rabbitohs will be helping to raise funds for Souths Cares with proceeds from the Charity Shield match, in particular the ‘Bunny Buddy’ program which rewards children who are achieving their goals within Souths Cares’ programs.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/Souths-...-Souths-Cares-Launch-2012-Charity-Shield.html

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Rabbitohs will again be supporting Souths Cares with their proceeds from the game, with a particular focus on the ‘Bunny Buddy’ program.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The South Sydney Rabbitohs Junior ‘Bunny Buddy’ Program is designed to provide donated Red and Green Junior Ticketed Memberships to kids in the Club’s communities who are involved with Souths Cares’ Programs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This gives many Junior Rabbitohs supporters in the Club’s community the chance to attend Rabbitohs home games, visit the Rabbitohs KidZone, enjoy a Rabbitohs Junior Membership and be part of the Rabbitohs family.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In 2011, Souths Cares distributed over 300 donated Junior Rabbitohs Membership Packs to children in the South Sydney district and other regional centres where Souths Cares actively work within the community.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The ‘Bunny Buddy’ program allows Souths Cares to further engage with the youth of the community and encourage a lifelong relationship with the South Sydney Rabbitohs family.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

M2D2

Bench
Everybody knows that it goes to souths cares.
Thats not the problem. Slackboy eluded to what the lulzy comment is.

Fairfax

Juniors
Souths send all of their Charity Shield earnings back to themselves and you can't see a problem with that? There's a name for that sort of behaviour.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I don't expect Souths to get much praise on here. But to insult a charity we run and put money into to help out poor kids is disgusting.

Fairfax is a pathetic individual who isn't worth anyones time. He has been added to my ignore list.

juanfarkall

Coach
I don't expect Souths to get much praise on here. But to insult a charity we run and put money into to help out poor kids is disgusting.

Fairfax is a pathetic individual who isn't worth anyones time. He has been added to my ignore list.

As a big wheel in Blackcourt League Investments, do you dispute the allegation that the "donation money" is used to fund memberships which are then "given away" ?

I do not know whether it is true or not so perhaps you or another s(c)uff$ fan may be able to confirm or deny

BrisVegas

Juniors
Pathetic.

South Sydney "donates" their proceeds to their charity branch "Souths Cares" which will take a cut for Administrative Costs.

Souths Cares then purchases Junior Memberships through the "Bunny Buddy" program, providing the football club with additional funds through the profit margin on such sales.

They then profit further off these Bunny Buddies for additional cash if they purchase anything from the concession stands while attending a South's home game.

I'd being LOLing @ 5(c)uFF$ right about now if the above wasn't such a transparent grab for profiteering from donations that should be earmarked for genuine charities.

The $ sign in 5(c)uFF$ is well earned.

juanfarkall

Coach
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/Souths-Cares/Donation-Requests.html

The South Sydney Rabbitohs and Souths Cares donate a variety of promotional material to charities, hospitals, schools, junior football clubs and other community organisations through out the year.
Please note that there are specific guidelines that need to be met for your request to be considered. Although your organisation may fall within the guidelines below, we may not be able to support your request due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive each season.
Guidelines for application:
* must be a registered charity or not-for-profit community group
* must be on organisation letter head
* Organisations are limited to one signed donation each year, allowing the club to assist other organisations
* requests reviewed every 6-8 weeks
Please post all requests to:
Souths Cares
Attn: Donation Requests
Locked Bag 1
Redfern
NSW 2016
Or fax to (02) 8306 9911
Email and phone requests will not be considered.
Unfortunately Souths Cares does not provide financial support due to our ongoing financial commitment to our Souths Cares programs

You can also make a donation to 5(c)uff$ Care$ but the website does not state whether or not it is tax deductible

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Noone's bagging a charity - they're bagging the fact that there is a system set up where a product or service is effectively donated internally so the direct benefit isn't to the "poor kid/s", but instead to the club itself through bums on seats, potential further money from merch, parking, F&B sales etc.

Doesn't seem what the average person would call "charitable" - however if it's not how it works I'd be be happy to stand corrected.

That's nice - do you think anyone actually thinks you're important enough for us to care who is or isn't on your ignore list? Shut up and go back to not posting like you have been for most of the last 4 months.

St George Foundation have given $17.5m to charitable causes over time. This is the charitable foundation related to St George Bank.

The St George Illawarra equivalent of Souths Cares is Dragons Community.

Cee 7

Juniors
Re: Souths Cares - you can make a complaint about charities to the Office of Liquor, Gaming & Racing.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
[FONT=&quot]The Rabbitohs will again be supporting Souths Cares with their proceeds from the game, with a particular focus on the ‘Bunny Buddy’ program.[/FONT]
fashion-fail-iza-bunny-moobs-costume.jpg

Latest posts