What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield proceeds

grouch

First Grade
I don't think you're capable of comprehending it. All you'll contribute are simplistic platitiudes which miss the point entirely, and the occasional f*cking insult.

So you're really not bothered that a three-decade long charity tradition has been exploited into what amounts to a marketing exercise for Souths? Charity under false pretences does not offend you at all?

no name

Coach
Marketing exercise? Dragons Community anyone? Hypocrite.
I also found this interesting bit of information for the OP.
http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=46324
Together the Dragons & St.George Foundation will celebrate the 2012 Charity Shield by raising money to provide Scorch and Flames Ticketed Red V Memberships to disadvantaged children within our community.

This generosity will allow young supporters the opportunity to attend Dragons home games in both the St George or Illawarra regions while further engaging and forging a lifelong relationship with the Club.

NGR

Juniors
Hamas has a charity arm, would you rather we donate to them...

On topic both clubs choose three charities to donate too.

hunters

Juniors
A concept that seems to have escapen your grasp. There are no donations. The proceeds are derived from ticket sales
Dear God, wrong again! There were people taking donations all over the stadium and I'm sure there would have been a bit of corporate donation also. I know I for one put a hell of a lot more money in one of the fund raising buckets than my ticket cost.

But you continue making things up to try and demonstrate that giving to under privileged kids is somehow not a charitable affair. :roll:

KiamaSaint

Coach

It is not about what we find, it was what was broadcast on the night. Maybe Fox broadcast the fact that the Rabbits were donating to Ovarian cancer and I didn't hear it. What I heard was, Dragons donating to two hospitals, South Sydney buying memberships for some "buddy" program. It wasn't a good look for the club and who is going to check the validity of what Warren Smith said?

In terms of the Dragons doing the same thing, I am just as disappointed to be perfectly honest.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
It is not about what we find, it was what was broadcast on the night. Maybe Fox broadcast the fact that the Rabbits were donating to Ovarian cancer and I didn't hear it. What I heard was, Dragons donating to two hospitals, South Sydney buying memberships for some "buddy" program. It wasn't a good look for the club and who is going to check the validity of what Warren Smith said?

In terms of the Dragons doing the same thing, I am just as disappointed to be perfectly honest.

It wasn't a good look according to some simpletons on leagueunlimited. That's it.

Ozzy

First Grade
Who cares, some people on LU get all worked up over little things.
I hope souths use the money to buy Dave Taylor a boat so he extends his contract.

Get a life f**kers.
Not knocking Souths Cares as reading about the good work that they do but your post is even more stupid than BunniesMan's and that is no mean feat.

Last edited:

hardbaby

Coach
Don't go to the f**king game then.
Idiot.

What a stupid response. If we don't go to the game, no money goes to charity. What we want is all of it to go to charity, not half.

I am still not convinced that this accusation is true. I just don't see how any club would take money aimed (and advertised as being) for charity, take it from their left pocket and put it in their right pocket and fail to notice all the $50 notes that fall on the ground during this transfer. Notes that they then say "wow, look at all that money on the ground" and keep.

That's really disappointing. A despairing action from a desperate club. If (and it's a big IF) it's true. I'm not convinved.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Who cares, some people on LU get all worked up over little things.
I hope souths use the money to buy Dave Taylor a boat so he extends his contract.

Get a life f**kers.

Too f@cking right. I hope we throw in an all-you-can eat lifetime sponsorship to Sizzler at Carlton as well. And when he's done he could walk across the road and shit on the door step of OKI like the shit hole that it is.

M2D2

Bench
I hope we throw in an all-you-can eat lifetime sponsorship to Sizzler at Carlton as well.
I would be first in line if any membership offered that.
f**k the haters. Id be all over that shit.

haha

Juniors
Not knocking Souths Cares as reading about the good work that they do but your post is even more stupid than BunniesMan's and that is no mean feat.

Lol, like I give a f**k what you think.

Latest posts