What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charity Shield (Trial 3) - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 2nd March 7:30pm @Mudgee

callmack1

Staff member
I think this is the trial we have all been waiting for!! The unofficial start to our Season!!! So excited for this and I expect us to field a near full strength team.

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
Dragons have named their squad: Euan Aitken, Matt Dufty, Jai Field, Tyson Frizell, James Graham, Jacob Host, Ben Hunt, Josh Kerr, Tim Lafai, Jeremy Latimore, Blake Lawrie, Luciano Leilua, Zac Lomax, Cameron McInnes, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira, Mikaele Ravalawa, Reece Robson, Korbin Sims, Tariq Sims, Lachlan Timm, Paul Vaughan, Gareth Widdop
Looks full strength, apart from de Belin (and anyone else I may have forgotten or overlooked)

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs name sides for Charity Shield and Erskineville Trials: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...e-for-charity-shield-and-erskineville-trials/

Pretty happy with that Line Up but it is also very interesting. Obviously GI and Reyno are still not quite ready which is fine but the make up of the backline is quite interesting. Graham on the wing and Gags in the centres (I thought it would have been the other way around) which is quite interesting. Also Denniss named on an extended bench ahead of Gagan which suggests Gagan is behind both Hiroti and Denniss. Unless he is injured, I find that quite a surprising.

Anyway, can't wait to see a near full strength team out there!!

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
No Nicholls on the bench, either. I would have thought he was in the running for the 17 for Round 1. Did he pick up an injury on Saturday?

ThingFish

Juniors
Rabbitohs name sides for Charity Shield and Erskineville Trials: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...e-for-charity-shield-and-erskineville-trials/

Pretty happy with that Line Up but it is also very interesting. Obviously GI and Reyno are still not quite ready which is fine but the make up of the backline is quite interesting. Graham on the wing and Gags in the centres (I thought it would have been the other way around) which is quite interesting. Also Denniss named on an extended bench ahead of Gagan which suggests Gagan is behind both Hiroti and Denniss. Unless he is injured, I find that quite a surprising.

I was sitting near the tunnel Saturday and just after he scored his second try Gagan was rushed up the tunnel. He looked pissed off, maybe he did himself an injury.

callmack1

Staff member
I was sitting near the tunnel Saturday and just after he scored his second try Gagan was rushed up the tunnel. He looked pissed off, maybe he did himself an injury.
Oh actually yea, I do remember that watching the live stream. Maybe he has picked up something.

No Nicholls on the bench, either. I would have thought he was in the running for the 17 for Round 1. Did he pick up an injury on Saturday?
Yea I just realised that too, surely he's gotta a niggle or something because I thought he'd be a certainty for the 17.

Go Bunnies

Juniors

Gagan has a hamstring injury I think. They are probably not risking any players with niggling injuries at this stage of the season.

Oldmate

Juniors
Excited for Charity Shield, a lot of first grade boys getting a run but also a lot of hopefuls having a go against some solid opposition. I think Tracey and Walker in the halves will be very dangerous and players like Amone, knight and Braidon Burns will be looking to stake a claim for round one. At this stage it’s looking like our round one back 5 will consist of Aj, Graham, Inglis Gagai and either Allen or Burns depending on how Bennett orders the backline; if Gagai goes wide Burns will play centre and if he stays we’ll see Allen get his debut

callmack1

Staff member
Jarrod Wade stated in the latest injury report that all our senior guys will get 40 minutes in the Charity Shield which is allgood.

Travitoh

First Grade
AJ again with the last touch assist.
From a fantasy/SuperCoach perspective, Cody is at his best when AJ is at the back. Just a little tip for you all ;)

Latest posts