What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chase Stanley to miss 10 weeks.

Noa

First Grade
Chase Stanley injury adds to Melbourne Storm woes

THE pre-season injury curse has struck Melbourne Storm again with boom recruit Chase Stanley undergoing a shoulder reconstruction that could keep him out for the first 10 weeks of the season.
Stanley, recruited from the St George Illawarra Dragons to fill one of the vacant outside back positions, hurt himself in a training drill on Monday and joins three teammates already doing recovery for shoulder injuries.

Coach Craig Bellamy said Stanley would almost certainly have been in the 22-man squad travelling to the UK for the World Club Championship.

"It was a a bit of a pre-existing injury but he hurt it again. It's about three or four months out, it's not good. We've had a lot of operations," Bellamy said.

Storm are already resigned to being without premiership players Cooper Cronk, Brett White and Ryan Tandy for the start of the season as well as giant recruit John Kite.

Injuries are weighing heavily on Bellamy's mind and he is fearing more disasters happening to his players involved in the upcoming All Star game.

Storm internationals Greg Inglis, Adam Blair and skipper Cameron Smith are definite starters for the February 13 game on the Gold Coast while Billy Slater is leading the public vote for the final spots.

All four only returned to training last week after playing in the successful Four Nations tournament last November.

While a supporter of the concept of the All Star game, Bellamy couldn't be any more disappointed with the timing, or the number of players he has involved.

It was supposed to be only one player per club involved in the All Star team and Bellamy just hopes they all get nursed through.

"The four likely guys that are going to be in it all played overseas at the end of the season and have had three weeks training before the game, which is ridiculous. They are in great danger of getting hurt," Bellamy said.

"Three weeks preparation, especially for a game that is going to be as intense as that, we are a bit worried about that."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ourne-storm-woes/story-e6frfgbo-1225822299666

Dane Nielsen to center, Matt Duffie to wing. Problem solved.

PS. Isa on to the other wing if Quinn isnt ready to go

Last edited:

MsStorm

Bench
What rotten luck, that's over half the season, but it gives us a chance to blood some new players.

Mantle

Juniors
Bad Luck for him, can't wait to see him in the middle of the season. I think MacDougall will differently be one of the wingers or center now.

Bman26

Juniors
how can the centers be thin if G.I is one of them? We could have simmons and still have a top center pairing....

Noa

First Grade
f**k

we need him n he is only on a 2 yr deal so its more like 1.5 at best! f**k

Wow kells, you maths real good ay bro :D.

Seriously though, stopped by for 10min to watch training today and Isa was exclusively at RC, with Neilsen outside, Quinn was always outside GI.

Isa does look $1million though and has bulked up, so we'll see. Anything can happen between now and the start of the comp though

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
have you ever sold a car, because you knew it was about to break down & wanted to pass the problem on to someone else?

cause that's kinda what it feels like.. ;-)

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
have you ever sold a car, because you knew it was about to break down & wanted to pass the problem on to someone else?

cause that's kinda what it feels like.. ;-)

I hate it when that happens :(.

Luckily the Storm are like TJ Smith' stable back in the day. 1 goes amiss, just replace him with 1 just as good, to go with the 5 champions you already have.

this sucks but this will make us bigger and better for now and the future! im not worried, just annoyed

and remember when we dident play at home til like round 7, we can cope with three away games straight

Wow kells, you maths real good ay bro :D.

Seriously though, stopped by for 10min to watch training today and Isa was exclusively at RC, with Neilsen outside, Quinn was always outside GI.

Isa does look $1million though and has bulked up, so we'll see. Anything can happen between now and the start of the comp though

Isa can't defend...he was turnstile last year and got dropped for this.

If he has improved this side of his game then good luck but would not be one of my first choices.

Noa

First Grade
Isa can't defend...he was turnstile last year and got dropped for this.

If he has improved this side of his game then good luck but would not be one of my first choices.

i agree he was kia, which is why I nominated Neilsen as my first choice. Anyway we still got trials to work that out yet.

LESStar58

Referee
It's gonna be an uphill battle for Chase to make the starting XIII when he comers back. 10 weeks is a decent enough time for one of the under 20s who go promoted to impress and consolidate his spot.

I'd love to see Willie Isa get another go. He only played 2 games after he went so well during pre-season last year. Then he got suspended and was never seen again in first grade.

It's gonna be an uphill battle for Chase to make the starting XIII when he comers back. 10 weeks is a decent enough time for one of the under 20s who go promoted to impress and consolidate his spot.

I'd love to see Willie Isa get another go. He only played 2 games after he went so well during pre-season last year. Then he got suspended and was never seen again in first grade.

Sorry mate...not a fan of Isa. I would possibly look at Duffie or O'Neill.

sallymay

Juniors
Went to training last week and it seems to me as if craig bellamy is looking to have matt duffie or luke macdougall starting as they were both in deep discussions with him after training for about 20 minutes b4 matt did extras with billy slater

Noa

First Grade
If is Duffie, he needs to be on the same side as GI. Dont want him and Isa, if it is to be Willie, defending on the same side.

And he'll get ROTY.