What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Shot Mason

Bob8

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
And what Morley did to Corey Hughes would have landed an assault charge also.
And what Morley did to Kearns in the opening tackle of the 2003 Roo tour.

It is league...tough people play league...typing crap about having him charged with GBH just makes you look like the softest of all soft c**ks

Morley was sent off for that opening shot and rightfully so. Rugby league is a tough game, when played fairly. I do not think it needs the laws stretched to include cheap to be harder.

Fielden was lucky to get away with it, as was Mason for his shot on Long. It seems people want to blame Klein for these, when he did not punch anyone.

nqboy

First Grade
East Coast Tiger said:
All respect to the Kiwis.
At least they fight fire with fire. The Poms fight fire with a big wet blanket!
Check the scoreboard, a bit of humility wouldn't go astray.

ucantseeme

Juniors
I thought Masons' punch on Fielden was uncalled for, a little push & he throws a haymaker, not cool.

But then Long steps in to take on Mason, one on one, brave although a mismatch then O'Donnell blindsides him with a shoulder charge and then Peacock steps in to take on Mason does enough to put him on the ground.

That's how I saw it. I think Mason will be suspended for the hit on Long, anyone who saw Longs' face when he was taking a kick at goal later on would agree to that.

What happened to Fielden in the 2nd half, I cant remember his name being said once, I thought he was injured or something

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
C.P said:
Shame you didnt highlight the fact that Fielden went missing in action far worse after the incident as well. For someone whose talked up as being one of the worlds best and fittest he's had 2 ordinary games. Tonights match 8 hitups for 48 metres and 15 tackles

HA,HA,HA....YOU ARE HILARIOUS. FIELDEN WAS KNOCKED ALMOST COLD BY A GIANT THUG. HOW MUCH HEAVIER AND BIGGER IS MASON? FOR FEILDEN TO GET UP AND PLAY THE REMAINING 70 MINS WITHOUT BOTTLING IT OR SEEKING REVENGE IS BRAVE AND INTELLIGENT.

MASON BY CONTRAST WENT MISSING COS HE SHAT HIS KNICKERS. HE BLEW IT FOR HIS TEAM IN EVERYWAY POSSIBLE....WHAT WERE HIS PREMATCH COMMENTS AGAIN??? GB WERE HILARIOUS (AGAINST NZ...THE AMOUNT OF CHANCES THEY BLEW???? RRRRIGHT WILLIE.

WILLIE MASON. LOUDMOUTH, CHILD, NUMBSKULL, BULLY, CHOKER AND NOW...OUT OF THE TRI-NATIONS. WHICH ANY TURE KANGEROOS FAN SHOULD BE CELEBRATING.

LIONS...SMALLER, LESS SKILLFUL, NOT AS FAST.... WERE f**kING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
nadera78 said:
You're right, league is the toughest of all sports, and played by the touhest of men. That's why there should be no place for an animal like Mason, he's a f**king disgrace to the game and to your country.

And to think of the outcry amongst you pussies over the Kidwell incident!

I didnt care for the Kidwell incident, and i dont care for the punch....i liked them both. Adds some spice to the game instead of standard salt and pepper.
What he did to Long was illegal and he should be suspended for...but to write crap that he should be charged with GBH is laughable.

Mr Saab

Referee
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
HA,HA,HA....YOU ARE HILARIOUS. FIELDEN WAS KNOCKED ALMOST COLD BY A GIANT THUG. HOW MUCH HEAVIER AND BIGGER IS MASON?

They are pretty much the same size.

ByRd

First Grade
LOLLL at people. fffssss Fielden was not trying to get on with the game, watch the footage again and look at Fielden raise his arm up to throw a punch but he just didnt think he would get hit as he thinks he is so tough and imtimidating. Good on Willie for giving it to the overrated hack who people think is the best front rower and are proud he can play 80 mins. For a front rower i couldnt really give a sh!t if they play 80, if they can give a good, hard 40-50 mins (like O'Meley or Petro) that is much better and more helpful to my side. Fielden in his 2 games has done NOTHING. I love all the talk about Mason running at little guys but they only see it from one side. This happens with most forwards in the game and it is a tactic and an advantage if they run at smaller guys to try and promte the ball, some people on here would make some bad coaches lol But good on ya Willie. People and there hate towards him is pathetic and sad as he isnt anywhere near as dirty as Morley but he is still seen as an Angle loll That knee on Hughes, that tackle on Kearns and many, many others. Get over it...

Ari Gold

Bench
nqboy said:
Spot on. The lights went out and he dropped like a sack of spuds. No disgrace though, most would have. I'm sure if you asked Fielden about it, he would sheepishly admit that he should have kept his guard up. After that, it was pure theatre. Sean Long came in and tried to play peacemaker, LOD played haymaker and Peacock strode in to stand up for his mates and got belted as well. Great stuff.

And well done GB for winning where it counted. I'm no Kiwi.

It was the other way around..

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
nqboy said:
Spot on. The lights went out and he dropped like a sack of spuds. No disgrace though, most would have. I'm sure if you asked Fielden about it, he would sheepishly admit that he should have kept his guard up. After that, it was pure theatre. Sean Long came in and tried to play peacemaker, LOD played haymaker and Peacock strode in to stand up for his mates and got belted as well. Great stuff.

And well done GB for winning where it counted. I'm no Kiwi.

GOOD POST.

BUT PEACOCK CAME IN LAID SOME GOOD SHOTS ON MASON (MUCH BIGGER AND LONGER REACH)...AND ACTUALLY TOOK HIM DOWN....HE (FRANKENSTEIN) JUST FIRED UP GB AND THEY TOOK IT AT HIM STRAIGHTDOWN THE MIDDLE....MASONS RESPONSE?...HE BOTTLED IT AS USUAL. :p

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
doglyf said:
LOLLL at people. fffssss Fielden was not trying to get on with the game, watch the footage again and look at Fielden raise his arm up to throw a punch but he just didnt think he would get hit as he thinks he is so tough and imtimidating. Good on Willie for giving it to the overrated hack who people think is the best front rower and are proud he can play 80 mins. For a front rower i couldnt really give a sh!t if they play 80, if they can give a good, hard 40-50 mins (like O'Meley or Petro) that is much better and more helpful to my side. Fielden in his 2 games has done NOTHING. I love all the talk about Mason running at little guys but they only see it from one side. This happens with most forwards in the game and it is a tactic and an advantage if they run at smaller guys to try and promte the ball, some people on here would make some bad coaches lol But good on ya Willie. People and there hate towards him is pathetic and sad as he isnt anywhere near as dirty as Morley but he is still seen as an Angle loll That knee on Hughes, that tackle on Kearns and many, many others. Get over it...

HA HA..A POST BY WILLIE MASONS LOVE CHILD...BULLDOG bullsh*t :lol:

The Clan

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
All respect to the Kiwis.
At least they fight fire with fire. The Poms fight fire with a big wet blanket!

A Big wet blanket called Peacock who sat Mason on his arse with a right hook during the push nshove after Masons cheap hit on Fielden

Micistm

Bench
Priceless...lets see Ricky and Mason go on about cheap shots now...Hypocrites in reading the rulebook selectively, and on the field as well.
Even if it isn't good for NZ, well down GB for putting your money where your mouth was and matching those boasting arrogant hypocritical...better stop there

The Clan

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
And what Morley did to Corey Hughes would have landed an assault charge also.
And what Morley did to Kearns in the opening tackle of the 2003 Roo tour.

It is league...tough people play league...typing crap about having him charged with GBH just makes you look like the softest of all soft c**ks

And he got a six week suspension for one and sent off for the other.
And neither was anywhere near as disgusting as Masons elbow on Long.

mattyg

Bench
Fielden deserved it, and he done NOTHING after it. I'm sick of these poms on here whinging. We're playing Rugby League not netball, Mason didn't even deserve to be put on report. Its a farce if he gets anything for it. I can't wait for the video on YouTube. Peacock was lucky not to go for 3rd man in to be honest.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
They are pretty much the same size.

Mason is 2 stone heavier than Peacock and 1 stone and at least 2 inches taller than Fielden....if his brain was normal size he'd weigh a lot more:lol: