What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheaters never prosper

Im not a Dogs supporter, but the Storm were allowed to get away with murder in the ruck. It was ridiculous at how long they were allowed to hold down the dogs. Didn't make for a good spectacle.

Whats new? They have been getting away with it for news. The Kasiano penalty summed it up really. They get away with it in the play the ball, someone relatiates and they get penalised

Knightmare

Coach
My mates' dads' fb status update:

and the ONLY player worth mentioning in the Bite-Dogs game was our Queensland Dall-M Player of the Year, Benny Barba.....so to the NRL: your disgarceful attempts to spoil any Queensland glory this year has come to nothing....you ROBBED our Cowboys but a QUEENSLAND-packed Melbourne Storm has beaten you again....

:lol: Yes, it really is THAT important to some people.

To the rest, I hope the Knights cheat the cap next year and get caught. 2015 Premiers for sure...

lazza

Juniors
Whats new? They have been getting away with it for news. The Kasiano penalty summed it up really. They get away with it in the play the ball, someone relatiates and they get penalised

Exactly... that was ridiculous. Dogs try to get a penalty, its "milking", Storm flop for creeping into someone's knee and its a penalty.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I fear the Storms last 2 years will make other clubs less afraid of cheating. Thought process could be: "well we'll cheat and be massively over the cap, either we don't get caught and win for years, or we get caught and then start winning 2 years later".

DJShaksta

First Grade
I fear the Storms last 2 years will make other clubs less afraid of cheating. Thought process could be: "well we'll cheat and be massively over the cap, either we don't get caught and win for years, or we get caught and then start winning 2 years later".

Oh fugg. I agree with you. I am going to get some rope.

DJShaksta

First Grade
In all seriousness. It's a pretty sad reflection isn't it.
Storm cheat for 5 years, worst systemic cap rorting in history. 2 stripped premierships, every other club in the competition cheated out of a shot at a premiership.
Then a year later they win a minor premiership and the next year a premiership.

Butters

Bench
In all seriousness. It's a pretty sad reflection isn't it.
Storm cheat for 5 years, worst systemic cap rorting in history. 2 stripped premierships, every other club in the competition cheated out of a shot at a premiership.
Then a year later they win a minor premiership and the next year a premiership.

Conclusive evidence that Melbourne should have never been stripped of their titles. :cool:

t-ba

Post Whore

Hopefully if it ever happens again the club's cap is reduced by an averaged amount of the yearly breaches for double the length of the actual breaches.

Congrats to Melbourne on their second premiership from their fourth grand final win!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why would the NRL want to damage something they are spending so much money building? Storm were penalised. They signed a load of avg players and turned them into premiers. Well done melbourne.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why would the NRL want to damage something they are spending so much money building? Storm were penalised. They signed a load of avg players and turned them into premiers. Well done melbourne.
Just about every average player will look good playing around 3 quarters of the Australian spine. If it wasn't for the cheating I very much doubt they'd have kept all 3. If they were playing on a even playing field all along I bet someone would have taken one of them. Storm were penalised AFTER the fact. They still had 3 years of enjoying their premierships before they were taken away from them. So in the grand scheme of things it was not a punishment that fit the severity of the crime.

And nothing of significance was done to hurt them after the punishment besides losing one season of competition. In the end all they really lost was the 2010 season. In my opinion that wasn't harsh enough.

I like the suggestion above and I hope the NRL does that. If and when the next cheating team gets caught, their cap is lowered to be less than everybody elses by the amount they were in excess, for the length of time they were in excess. So if I was NRL CEO Melbourne would be on a cap of 1 million less than everyone else until the end of the 2013 season. That way they would have lost 4 seasons for taking away the integrity of the competition from everyone else for 4 seasons. 1 seasons punishment for corrupting the comp for 4 seasons is not enough.

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
Just about every average player will look good playing around 3 quarters of the Australian spine. If it wasn't for the cheating I very much doubt they'd have kept all 3. If they were playing on a even playing field all along I bet someone would have taken one of them. Storm were penalised AFTER the fact. They still had 3 years of enjoying their premierships before they were taken away from them. So in the grand scheme of things it was not a punishment that fit the severity of the crime.

And nothing of significance was done to hurt them after the punishment besides losing one season of competition. In the end all they really lost was the 2010 season. In my opinion that wasn't harsh enough.

I like the suggestion above and I hope the NRL does that. If and when the next cheating team gets caught, their cap is lowered to be less than everybody elses by the amount they were in excess, for the length of time they were in excess. So if I was NRL CEO Melbourne would be on a cap of 1 million less than everyone else until the end of the 2013 season. That way they would have lost 4 seasons for taking away the integrity of the competition from everyone else for 4 seasons. 1 seasons punishment for corrupting the comp for 4 seasons is not enough.

2012 Premiers MELBOURNE STORM.