What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheesy Storm make me sick

_Johnsy

Referee
Melbourne Storm Supporters Group official uniform for 2011 (albiet they'll be holding a wooden spoon).

The_Evil_Cheese_Man_by_6CreativeBrain9.png

MightyBronco

Juniors
Great article and thank f*ck someone said it.

+111

It really does look like the Storm exist in their very own universe, and are oblivious to anything else. They are just sickening to watch.

"mate, players dont stand around at training and total up all the payments and gifts that are above and beyond their signed NRL playing contracts and signed NRL 3rd party contracts. How would they know?"

_Johnsy

Referee
Yet Sika manu was quoted in saturdays paper (Herald or Terrorgraph) That he could not understand how they could be rorting the cap because some of the boys are on really crap money.

Ulysseus

Bench
News Ltd make more money out of newspapers then the Melbourne Storm.

Got that right.
As for the article, its an opinion piece.
I don't think its meant to refelct the thoughts of many, or any, barring the gent who penned it.
If you don't like it then use the paper for what everyone else uses it for, starting fires, placing it on the bottom of the birdcage or wrapping up prawn shells.
Ahhhh the telecrap, how you've saved me a fortune on other types of garbage disposal, now I just wrap my garbage in written garbage.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Yet Sika manu was quoted in saturdays paper (Herald or Terrorgraph) That he could not understand how they could be rorting the cap because some of the boys are on really crap money.

If that's the case I guarentee those crap money players will have some resentment to those obvious recipients of the illegal $$$.

wanted man

Juniors
Rubbish article from the telegraph as usual that finds a negative somewhere.
What were the team supposed to do, lay down and surrender. Of course the players were pumped, most if not all would have had the greatest motivation of their careers, after what has been taken away from them.
Would the fans stick by a team that made a statement that this is all to hard and we can't deal with it.
If the club has any future it's rebuilding must start with the players on the field. That will motivate the fans more to get behind the team to help see it through these very tough times.
IMO both the players and fans showed on sunday night the fantastic spirit that exists with in the club.
Far from being sicking it was it fact the opposite, a show of strength and pride that all league fans everywhere should like to think exists within their club.
And iam not a storm supporter, but a broncos and rugby league supporter.

gronkathon

First Grade
Yes but where apart from Kearney has rebuilding been discussed or remorse shown by anyone?

The talk is about trying to get back what they view as rightfully theirs.

cleary89

Coach
If you're a fan of rugby league you will support the Storm fans and team. Otherwise you aren't a rugby league fan - you're simply a fan of a club. I love Penrith but I love rugby league more. Melbourne is vital to rugby league's future.

I was like this, but then when Bellamy says sh*t like "We can never loose our integrity" and "We deserve those premierships", I think hey f**k you, no you didn't you cheating scum. You cheated, pay the penalty and shut the f**k up.

Brutus

Referee
If you're a fan of rugby league you will support the Storm fans and team. Otherwise you aren't a rugby league fan - you're simply a fan of a club. I love Penrith but I love rugby league more. Melbourne is vital to rugby league's future.

I could not have said it better myself.

phonetic

Juniors
Good opinion piece. I totally agree.

I woke up dusty enough on Monday morning as it was. Switching on fox sports news and seeing that contrived crap made me feel even more crook.

Real Rugby League fans should support Melbourne?! Real Rugby League fans don't like being taken for a ride like this. Real Rugby league fans have very long memories. Bellamy can choke up all he wants in press conferences. The hate will remain. Suck it up Storm.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
they basically showed zero class and zero respect for their opponents on sunday night. f**k them.

still feel sorry for their fans, but the player group aren't redeeming themselves at all.

LESStar58

Referee
I think this Ben English had a bit to say on rugby league generally last year around the time of the Matthew Johns saga... I think there may have been a theory that this Ben English fella was an AFL apple polisher once tried "rugby" and got smashed from pillar to post and from then on took an instant dislike to the code.

He's obviously someone trying to push an agenda out of this whole thing; let's face it, everybody is. Everybody has an opinion.

I'm not going to be outraged by his article.... he's just doing his job.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
I totally agree with the article, why should we feel sorry for Melbourne????
Poor poor Melbourne superstars who are enjoying the monetary benefits of their club rorting the system and then the playing benefits of having an illegally put together bunch of superstars to play with.
How many of these guys have furthered their rep careers due to having such players around them? Would Cronk have toured with Australia if he played for Penrith, would Lima play for NZ if he was at Souths?

Yes the players were probably ignorant to the cheating but that doesn't mean they can show up all moody and hard done by. They still get to keep their 'extras'.

Full credit to Bellamy and co though for expertly creating a siege mentality inside the club, should make for some testy games during the season, the Warriors game may be tame in comparison.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Rubbish article from the telegraph as usual that finds a negative somewhere.
What were the team supposed to do, lay down and surrender. Of course the players were pumped, most if not all would have had the greatest motivation of their careers, after what has been taken away from them.
Would the fans stick by a team that made a statement that this is all to hard and we can't deal with it.
If the club has any future it's rebuilding must start with the players on the field. That will motivate the fans more to get behind the team to help see it through these very tough times.
IMO both the players and fans showed on sunday night the fantastic spirit that exists with in the club.
Far from being sicking it was it fact the opposite, a show of strength and pride that all league fans everywhere should like to think exists within their club.
And iam not a storm supporter, but a broncos and rugby league supporter.

Decent point. The NRL decided to send them out and there were only a handful of ways that they could be expected to respond - and most of the other ways (such as bending over and taking it) would have reflected poorly on the players as individuals. What else were they expected to do?

The fact that they are over the cap and are still playing on, though, is something of a concern. I'm sure that Bellamy is motivating his men to try to win more games than any other team in the competition to prove that they are the "best". As long as they are allowed to field a team with the extra ill-gotten player payments, no match the Storm plays can be considered fair.

As it stands, if the NRL does tell the Storm to shed $700,000 or so in players immediately ... then the teams who have lost to the Storm so far this season, including the Warriors this weekend, could justifiably cry out for compensation in the form of competition points. Otherwise it's still not fair.

It's a massive mess. The initial reaction was strong and necessarily swift, but that doesn't mean the job is done and dusted. There are still problems that threaten to make a mockery of the rest of this season.

I do think the Storm players' motivation will deminish over time ... especially after Origin. I feel sorry for the Warriors, and even the Cowboys. I'd rather be playing them later in the year than now.

Latest posts