What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Why is anyone making excuses for him, or saying the Titans should've done this, or the rule allowed him to do so?

Forget all that.

There is an oath you take as a bloke and that is your word, your handshake and your signature is bond. Once these are given, and you go back on it, you're not a man.

DCE = not a man. He's a snake in the grass.

Suitman

Post Whore
Why is anyone making excuses for him, or saying the Titans should've done this, or the rule allowed him to do so?

Forget all that.

There is an oath you take as a bloke and that is your word, your handshake and your signature is bond. Once these are given, and you go back on it, you're not a man.

Yep.

whall15

Coach

Forget all that.

I 100% agree.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
what a colossal f**kup. the only good thing from this farce is the scrapping of a geniused rule.

DCE just looks like a mercenary trackhead now.

i feel sorry for the tits

ek999

First Grade
Lol@MumOfDCE too. Deleted all her posts claiming that he was going to the Gold Coast

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
A rich Snake

Just like SBW was when he f**ked off to France.

Yeah, he's a rich snake. He probably doesn't care much. Good luck to him. Won't stop a lot of us taking our God-given right to lose completely respect for him. I support QLD and I'd love to see Mal tell him to f**k right off.

Anyone rung his bogan mum to put it to her she's a liar who raised a weak prick?

Incorrect

Coach
I wish Gold Coast had fans so they could give this dog the treatment he deserves.

Spineless weasel.

Mate - Monday July 13.... Mark it in your diary!!!

Titans V Manly @ Robina.... every one of those 187 Titans maniac fans will be giving it to DCE Big Time!!!!!

DiegoNT

First Grade

Forget all that.

That much money is hard to turn down. I mean I dare anyone to go into their pockets right now, pull out a $5 note and cut it into pieces. Most of us would have trouble doing that to $5 let alone pass down an extra 600,000 odd dollars manly are set to offer him

Dutchy

Immortal
So many people are taking it so personally :lol:

Perspective - His wife wants to stay in Sydney (more important than footy)
NRL players have a short shelf life, I'll never bag a player trying to get the best deal they can. A lot of them don't have fall backs.

Canard

Immortal

Forget all that.

f**k that if I was being offered $10M, stick your oath up your arse!

Seriously though Im pretty surprised by this, and have defended the guy pretty strongly on here

If we stick by ends justifies the means though, him staying at his original club, for me, is a good thing. But gee he hasn't won many fans.

I still feel the Goldie shouldn't have shot their load so early in announcing this.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
NRL players have a short shelf life, I'll never bag a player trying to get the best deal they can. A lot of them don't have fall backs.

he didnt speak with her before signing for the tits?

i dont think anyone denies players getting what they can, but signing for someone then reneging is weak as piss.

MightyMoo

Juniors
Just like SBW was when he f**ked off to France.

Yeah, he's a rich snake. He probably doesn't care much. Good luck to him. Won't stop a lot of us taking our God-given right to lose completely respect for him. I support QLD and I'd love to see Mal tell him to f**k right off.

Anyone rung his bogan mum to put it to her she's a liar who raised a weak prick?

Big difference between SBW and DCEs contract sagas. Daley has done nothing wrong, morally everybody's up in arms.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That much money is hard to turn down. I mean I dare anyone to go into their pockets right now, pull out a $5 note and cut it into pieces. Most of us would have trouble doing that to $5 let alone pass down an extra 600,000 odd dollars manly are set to offer him

So why couldn't he have negotiated this around the time his Titans contract was signed? I understand he can't grow a conscience and turn into a decent person out of the blue but you reckon he could've given the Titans more notice so they could've held onto Sezer at least? No, he's got to leave it until 2 days before the deadline so they're completely f**ked recruitment-wise? And then his smug lil punchable face appears on TV playing cat and mouse while his bogan mother tweets that we're all merkins for suggesting he'll reneg?

I don't care for either club, incidentally. I'm just disgusted that anyone could be this gutless. I genuinely feel for Titans fans who have been gut punched for a month or more, and now have been uppercut in the face. What a shit way to treat the people who are the lifeblood of the game and are the reason this dog commands his millions.

All this stuff about his wife wanted to stay in Sydney, how could he turn down the money is al complete horse shit. If she wanted to stay in Sydney, don't sign for a Queensland club unless you went to the GI school of geography and made an honest mistake. If you wanted more money, get a decent manager and negotiate it months ago without completely f**king a club who placed trust in you as their future.

Incorrect

Coach
So many people are taking it so personally :lol:

I tend to agree with this...

People get counter offers all the time and I know poeple who have signed contracts and sent back to new employers and agreed start dates etc, only to get a better offer from their incumbent employer and stay where they are... In the case of DCE, everyone knew from the moment he announced he signed with the Titans there was always a chance he wouldn't go there and that the Round 13 deadline would determine it once and for all....

It's unpalatable but the system has allowed him to do this....

Not as bad a situation for the Titans as many people think.

If the Titans recruit well over the next few years they could actually build a pretty good team around Elgey (although would have better if they kept Sezer). Elgey has talent. Who knows maybe in a few years he will be better than DCE and be costing a fair bit less. In fact I was thinking when Manly were after Elgey that it was possible they would better off in the long term with Elgey over DCE. Of course with DCE you are getting that certainty. But with certainly comes the price ... and the risk (of paying a large part of salary cap on one player).