What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I can't see how this is in anyway related to rep selection.

It doesn't. Mal won't, and that's his right in picking the best side. I'd just love it if he said you don't have the moral fibre to be in our side.

There's a difference legally between SBW and DCE but nothing morally. Both have completely lied to and f**ked a club who placed faith in them and renumerated them very, very well.

There's actually ways of earning big coin and negotiating lucrative contracts without being a spineless f**k. His manager is obviously shit at his job too if he couldn't negotiate a deal two months ago that suited all parties.

Dutchy

Immortal
And those saying he should've reneged sooner. He can't control how quick the Manly counter offer with substance can be put forward to him and his management, then the negotiations etc.

DiegoNT

First Grade
So why couldn't he have negotiated this around the time his Titans contract was signed? I understand he can't grow a conscience and turn into a decent person out of the blue but you reckon he could've given the Titans more notice so they could've held onto Sezer at least? No, he's got to leave it until 2 days before the deadline so they're completely f**ked recruitment-wise? And then his smug lil punchable face appears on TV playing cat and mouse while his bogan mother tweets that we're all merkins for suggesting he'll reneg?

I don't care for either club, incidentally. I'm just disgusted that anyone could be this gutless. I genuinely feel for Titans fans who have been gut punched for a month or more, and now have been uppercut in the face. What a shit way to treat the people who are the lifeblood of the game and are the reason this dog commands his millions.

All this stuff about his wife wanted to stay in Sydney, how could he turn down the money is al complete horse shit. If she wanted to stay in Sydney, don't sign for a Queensland club unless you went to the GI school of geography and made an honest mistake. If you wanted more money, get a decent manager and negotiate it months ago without completely f**king a club who placed trust in you as their future.

I agree with you, he hasn't done it right, he's reputation has fallen from one of the most respected yohng players to one of the most despised. He's excuses don't fly. But at the end of the day, 1.6 million a year just can't be turned down, that's 600,000 more then he was promised at the titans, and he did it in a way were he technically broke no rules.

Dutchy

Immortal
It doesn't. Mal won't, and that's his right in picking the best side. I'd just love it if he said you don't have the moral fibre to be in our side.

There's a difference legally between SBW and DCE but nothing morally. Both have completely lied to and f**ked a club who placed faith in them and renumerated them very, very well.

There's actually ways of earning big coin and negotiating lucrative contracts without being a spineless f**k. His manager is obviously shit at his job too if he couldn't negotiate a deal two months ago that suited all parties.

Moral fibre? Your captain is three contract Cam.

whall15

Coach

What the likes of Cameron Smith did was much worse and he's their captain.

Canard

Immortal
I want the Titans to offer a $10.5M over 6 years just for the LOLs of a double backflip!

El Diablo

Post Whore
April 27

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...ommits-to-titans/story-fnj94ixl-1227312730268

EARLIER: DALY Cherry-Evans has shut the door on Manly after contacting Gold Coast chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle to deliver the words the club was waiting to hear: “I’m coming to the *Titans.”

After days of intrigue, Cherry-Evans’ contract circus is over, with the Maroons star personally informing Frizelle he will honour his $4 million agreement with the Titans.

Cherry-Evans has enormous regard for Frizelle, who helped clinch the Titans’ greatest signing during a meeting at her car dealership at Southport in February.

Frizelle declined to comment last night but the phone conversation occurred in the lead-up to Cherry-Evans’ clash with the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium last Friday night.

Concerned by a media report that Cherry-Evans was considering reneging on his *Titans contract, Frizelle urgently sought assurances of the playmaker’s commitment.

The 26-year-old told Frizelle he would not backflip on his handshake agreement.

After their exchange, to further reassure the Gold Coast of the star’s commitment, Cherry-Evans’ management called to advise Titans CEO Graham Annesley the halfback was definitely bound for the Gold Coast.

a man of his word :roll:

Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal
I want the Titans to offer a $10.5M over 6 years just for the LOLs of a double backflip!

It's an extension with current club. Once registered cannot be flipped.

New club contracts cannot be registered till mid next week.

Canard

Immortal
What the likes of Cameron Smith did was much worse and he's their captain.

Imagine not picking your best players, because of some warped criteria around "ethics" and "morals".

You would soon have a game of 3 on 3 with some tea totalling Mormans and Catholic virgins.

It's also interesting that people hold contractual requirements to a higher level than spousal abuse.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Moral fibre? Your captain is three contract Cam.

Hahaha no he certainly is not. My captain is Simon one-club Mannering. The captain of the city I live in for 7 more days is Cameron 2 contracts i'm an undercover grub of the highest order Smith.

And in any case, if I did support the Storm (makes me ill to even suggest it) it wouldn't mean my points on another player are any less pertinent. DCE can still rightly be called a cowardly dog by Storm fans.

DiegoNT

First Grade
And those saying he should've reneged sooner. He can't control how quick the Manly counter offer with substance can be put forward to him and his management, then the negotiations etc.

That's true, manly might of only offered similar money to the titans deal and hope that he would back flip.
it might be only in the last couple of days that they've gotten desperate and offered 1.6m and given Daly an offer he can't refuse

ggmu

Juniors
So many people are taking it so personally :lol:

Perspective - His wife wants to stay in Sydney (more important than footy)
NRL players have a short shelf life, I'll never bag a player trying to get the best deal they can. A lot of them don't have fall backs.

She wasn't around when he signed for the Titans. I'm not against players making as much money as the can but IMO you sign a contract you stick to it.

Dutchy

Immortal
Hahaha no he certainly is not. My captain is Simon one-club Mannering. The captain of the city I live in for 7 more days is Cameron 2 contracts i'm an undercover grub of the highest order Smith.

And in any case, if I did support the Storm (makes me ill to even suggest it) it wouldn't mean my points on another player are any less pertinent. DCE can still rightly be called a cowardly dog by Storm fans.

You were talking about Maroons and rep games you imbo.

super_coach

First Grade
The problems is not the fact that DCE back flipped, the problem is the crazy system they have in place at present that allows this to happen.

Why should the Titans 2016 roster be screwed up because the system allows a player to sign a contract than back flip????Just another reason why it is amateur hour at NRL HQ