What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cherry Evans backflips on the Titans

Will Cherry-Evans reputation ever recover?

• Yes, everyone will forgive and forget

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • No, he will always be a merkin

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters

Exsilium

First Grade
Well the "he's a merkin" pole is ahead and based on his form you'd have to say it's incredibly accurate. The Titans are ahead on this one.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Well the "he's a merkin" pole is ahead and based on his form you'd have to say it's incredibly accurate. The Titans are ahead on this one.

So he's a merkin because he's out of form?

Glad to see Taylor going great guns for the Tits too.

Is not really surprising though. The kid was gun in the 20s and was always extremely well regarded at the Donkey's.

DCE will come good,no doubt. The switch of Lyon and Walker will help that.

But haters gonna hate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Titans best signing of all was Brian Canavan. It's no coincidence they've signed some good players and looked like a top 8 team ever since they got Brian on board. And it's no coincidence the Roosters have fallen in a screaming heap since Brian left (just like last time).

Good luck and keep going, the sky is now the limit.

he's gone to work for the NRL now though

Barkley

Bench
So he's a merkin because he's out of form?

Glad to see Taylor going great guns for the Tits too.

Is not really surprising though. The kid was gun in the 20s and was always extremely well regarded at the Donkey's.

DCE will come good,no doubt. The switch of Lyon and Walker will help that.

But haters gonna hate.

It seems DCE needs a really needs a strong 5/8. Once Lyon retires who is going to fill that role? Surely Walker has proven it can't be him.

ek999

First Grade
Origin?

What does Origin have to do with Blake Green potentially playing at Manly?

He's saying Walker is only playing Origin because Bozo promised it to him when he signed. And in his defence it is the most likely explanation because I haven't heard any other good reason why he was picked

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He's saying Walker is only playing Origin because Bozo promised it to him when he signed. And in his defence it is the most likely explanation because I haven't heard any other good reason why he was picked

Ahh righto. Had not had my coffee so that one went over my head.:D

Daley has come out and said the choice of Walker was his alone and explained why.

Personally, do not agree with his selection, but also don't think he will let anyone down.

betcats

Referee
He has some sway!? He is a selector he picks the teams. Whether he guaranteed it before hand or not doesn't really matter, he has done Walker a favour here, ive literally heard no one but Laurie(who has to) try and justify his selection based on form, it cant be done.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He has some sway!? He is a selector he picks the teams. Whether he guaranteed it before hand or not doesn't really matter, he has done Walker a favour here, ive literally heard no one but Laurie(who has to) try and justify his selection based on form, it cant be done.

If Daley or any other rep coach does not pick the team they want then more fool them. Fulton is not an official selector.

And whether or not he is guaranteed a spot before hand does really matter, as it's what most whinge about claiming that players are promised NSW spots to sign on. Cannot be done.

Anyhoo, he is picked, and like so many other NSW selections it is an odd one. Would love to know what Fulton promised blokes from other teams that get in and are so often scrutinised.

I guess Fulton promised Pearce his spot to join Manly but he kept stringing him along? Maybe Coote did not sign with Manly so this is a get square? Nathan Merritt must have been about to sign with Manly I'd say when he got in. Likewise Kane Snowden, Tim Mannah, Tim Grant, Josh Reynolds etc.

Point being, there are selections thrown up nearly every year that get questioned. As soon as one of those is a Manly player "oh its a conspiracy" when there are plenty of other calls made in every team, every year.

Last edited:

OVP

Coach
he's gone to work for the NRL now though

Yeah I heard that, but I assumed he was doing both roles. I just can't imagine the Titans letting him go so soon, surely he must have signed a contract for a certain period of time at least.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Yeah I heard that, but I assumed he was doing both roles. I just can't imagine the Titans letting him go so soon, surely he must have signed a contract for a certain period of time at least.

I guess when you go to a club owned by the same organisation you take up a new role with, the Tits did not have much say.

Like a secondment really.

Maybe he went to the Tits knowing it was a short term lend until the role was finalised at NRL headquarters.

Latest posts