What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Children at NRL games

aarondoyle

Juniors
I took my son at about 18 months. As long as you have someone else you can share holding duties with it's not bad.

Freeze

Juniors
I took my daughter to her first game when she was two weeks old and she has only missed a couple of home games since. She is now a 10 year old.

She was born on the day The Storm thrashed the tigers 64 0 and the man of the match Matt Geyer spoke to my wife at the hospital from the post match function. Two weeks latter we got a photo of Matt holding my daughter. :D:D

Small babies (0-18 months) - not worth taking them, too much hassle.

Anything from 2 years or more, take them even if they won't remember it.

Anything 5-12 years... keep an eye on them, don't let them bang seats or annoy people.

/whinge

Absolutely untrue.

The wife and I took our little bloke to his first game when he was 6 weeks old. It was one of the best days of my life - I felt like I was inducting him into the brotherhood as my Dad did for me in 1988.

He is now 13 months and has not missed a daytime or evening game since - the only games he misses now are late starts (later than 7.30pm) or games where the weather is inclement as we are not undercover.

Even at his age he absolutely loves his days at the footy - gets to see lots of people he knows and gets to spend the day outside. Two things he loves.

To the OP, take him mate. Sit on the hill, keep an eye on him but let him run around and explore. He'll love it and you will feel like you have done something great for him by introducing him to our great game.

carcharias

Immortal
Absolutely untrue.

yeah I saw that comment and laughed.

Timmah musn't have kids or has never taken a kid to the footy.

0-18 months is a breeze.

once they get to about 4 is when it becomes a real pain.

My son just wont sit still ...alll he wants to do is run down and high five the mascots .

This year ( he is 6 now ) was the first time he has even taken any notice in the score.
He kept asking why the Sharks were only on 0.

Also here is a little tip.
The security do not check nappy bags for beer. ( the big bag wee you keep all the nappy stuff etc. not the actual scented turd bags.
I used to line the bottom of the bag with about 8 cans and little ice packs.
then cover with nappys and wipes and stuff.

They don't want to stick thier hand in there.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Also here is a little tip.
The security do not check nappy bags for beer. ( the big bag wee you keep all the nappy stuff etc. not the actual scented turd bags.
I used to line the bottom of the bag with about 8 cans and little ice packs.
then cover with nappys and wipes and stuff.

They don't want to stick thier hand in there.

Shut uuuuuup!
lenny_and_carl1.jpg

Pugzley

Kids at the game are just traffic congestion on my way to the canteen for the oak and dog special.

But seriously, I went to my first game in the nrl with the panthers playing the warriors in 1995. I was 12 at the time.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Took my young bloke to his first game when he was 3 months old. Dragons v Raiders, with the mighty Dragons winning (yeah, it was a while ago). I'm sure he was exactly 3 months old, which means the game was 4 July 2000.

Only regret with taking him so young is that he turned out to be a f***ing Raiders supporter. Ya gotta be careful with the young'uns...

phantom eel

First Grade
My first game was with heading along my mates when I was in my teens.

I took my son along when he was almost 5 - sat in the wooden grandstand and he cried his eyes out from all the noise and cheering. We had to move onto the hill for the second half. Dunno about taking kids along much younger than that though?

Latest posts