What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chin Grothe next to go

Brutus

Referee
Gibbsy on 2UE reckons Grothe is just about a done deal for the Waratahs and I've heard Brent Tate is good chance of being an QLD Red next year.

It's not good.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Do the wallabies want a kangaroo backline?

15. (would have been Rogers)
14. Grothe
13. Tahu
12. Tate
11. Tuquri

Phillips

Referee
no.2_lukeburt said:
we need to be movers and shakers in the market this year

that means we can expectthe signings of Sean Rudder and George Carmont sometime soon :crazy:

Johns Magic

Referee
no.2_lukeburt said:
Do the wallabies want a kangaroo backline?

15. (would have been Rogers)
14. Grothe
13. Tahu
12. Tate
11. Tuquri

Not to mention Cross and Shifkofske, Berrick Barnes even at 5/8.

Raider_69

Post Whore
on his bike then, another one goes, another 5-10 ready to step in and take his place... no big loss

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
It might not be good, but it isn't bad either. These guys will all be 27 or over by the time they wear a Wallabies shirt. They aren't signing our kids, and as long as they don't, it's not big deal IMO.

For every Tahu and Grothe moving over, we've got a Folau or Moon coming through.

Phillips

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
It might not be good, but it isn't bad either. These guys will all be 27 or over by the time they wear a Wallabies shirt. They aren't signing our kids, and as long as they don't, it's not big deal IMO.

For every Tahu and Grothe moving over, we've got a Folau or Moon coming through.

pity falou or moon dont play for PARRAMATTA...

Looks like D.Fitzgerald will have to solely concentrate on retention at Parra,instead of thinking up hair brained ideas for the game.

donkey|rope

Juniors
i remember reading something where brent tate said he thought about it but decided to comitt to the broncs. although the context of all this stuff has changed after the whole tahu fiasco.

the nrl need to step in to do something to stop these raids across the board and not just in individual cases.

Geez the All Blacks must be licking their lips about the years of continued Dominance over Australia - This wont help the Aussies one bit !!

Yeah sadly whats going on at Paramatta - must be hard times to be a fan there at the moment.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm a union fan(second to league), but whilst Tahu would make a very good union outside centre or winger, when will the idiots realise they need to sign some forwards? They could have a backline from 9-15 of The Green Lantern, Spiderman, The Flash, Batman, Superman, Wolverine and The Incredible Hulk and they still wouldn't win a match behind the soft bunch of marshmallows prancing around in 1-8.

Luke O'Donnell would've been a much better signing for them.

Sure, maybe it would be hard for front-rowers to pick up the art of scrummaging, but they could easily get a few league back-rowers and some of the more mobile props(e.g. Asotasi, Bailey) to play in the second-row and back-row who'd give them some mongrel.

Raider_69

Post Whore
S.S.T.I.D said:

correction:

For ever tahu and grothe moving over, we've got blokes like:

Isreal Falau, Joel Moon, Michael Jennings, Akuila Uate, William Zillman, Dean Collis, Shawn Kenny Dowall, Brett Morris, Mitch Brown, Kris Inu, Sam Moa, Joel Reddy, Beau Champion, Greg Eastwood, Setaimata Sa, Chris Sandow, Jarrod Sammut, Samau Smith, Chris Lawrence, Ben T'eo, Bronx Goodwin

ready to take their place... we are sweet and so are parra for that matter...
and thats just naming backs, not even gonna bother listing the plethora of forwards or halves coming through that union would kill to have

gaterooze

Bench
He'll be a bigger loss than Tahu, but not irreplacable. Still, be a shame to see the Guru's name lowered to that crap.

I love seeing the ARU squander their money on injury prone Leaguies though :lol:

Johns Magic

Referee
If Tahu and Grothe both left then Parra would be in trouble in the backs for a season or two, but no more than that. Though if they keep the same halves pairing it could be a decade or so...

Brutus

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:

And then when Moon and Falou get poached at age 25 then what.

One thing rugby league doesn't need is well known players pissing off. The names are what bring people through the gates.

Parra's backline will look mighty ordinary next year which is a shame because it will mean less people through the gates.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Raider_69 said:
correction:

For ever tahu and grothe moving over, we've got blokes like:

Isreal Falau, Joel Moon, Michael Jennings, Akuila Uate, William Zillman, Dean Collis, Shawn Kenny Dowall, Brett Morris, Mitch Brown, Kris Inu, Sam Moa, Joel Reddy, Beau Champion, Greg Eastwood, Setaimata Sa, Chris Sandow, Jarrod Sammut, Samau Smith, Chris Lawrence, Ben T'eo, Bronx Goodwin

ready to take their place... we are sweet and so are parra for that matter...
and thats just naming backs, not even gonna bother listing the plethora of forwards or halves coming through that union would kill to have

Exactly. I could of rattled on, but I just picked the first two that pooped in my head. The game is in great hands and if rugby want to keep poaching 27 year old wingers, that's fine by me. When they start pinching those kids I'll be concerned.

Balmain_Boy

Raider, I observe and appreciate the sentiment but you've named at least two forwards there.

I think it would be a little bit worrying to lose three in one year, but not a massive problem.

Latest posts