What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chip Kelly fired

nick87

Coach
What a disaster this season has been. I'm disappointed because I really think Chip Kelly can coach and will one day be a really good NFL coach. As a GM he was an unmitigated disaster.
Excited to see where the Eagles go from here.

Thoughts on the future of Chip Kelly? NFL to the titoons seems a tight fit, or back to college

abpanther

Staff member
More evidence that not many can do the GM/Head Coach role

I think he will go back to college

Shorty

Staff member
I think he'll be a fine coach he just never fit with the Eagles, some of his decisions were questionable.
I dunno how Bradford would have ever fit in a Chip Kelly offence.

Either Tennessee takes him but the other one I think is SanFran, I think he'd be fantastic with Kaep.

kurt faulk

Coach

Laurey dropped the ball here. He let chip get rid of their 3 best skill players then fires him before the season is over? As a ram fan i can tell you we were mortified when they picked avery with Jackson sitting there. To lose 3 productive players in the space of one season would kill me as a fan.

nick87

Coach
I'm not that concerned about losing any of them tbh
Jackson is a one trick pony who is going to be completely worthless once he loses even a step, Maclin isn't as good as what he's being paid to be, and the fact KC dramatically over paid him is why he left, and Shady as good as he is, is an absolute f**king cretin

nick87

Coach
Fwiw I think with all the major college jobs filled, unless usc decided to turf that interim coach they just hired and chase Chip, then I think chip lands with the Titans.

It's just a shame it's turned out like this, that first year with chip was probably the most fun I've had as a sports fan ever. I was too young to appreciate the raiders premierships in the NRL
And the Eagles under Andy Reid was always tough to believe in. I don't know what that says about my life as a sports fan :lol:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Dumbest decision ever, the front office of this team is so dumb, last year he wanted to trade up and get OBJ, got turned down ended up with smith, this season he drafted great when he was given the keys, should of let him have another year, let him finally have his QB (most likely Kap) and see what he could do after getting his team, his bradford trade was very dumb and that Murray contract not that great, but his other moves have been alright, just needed time.

gronkathon

First Grade
A bit disappointed

Chip probably needs this to alter his approach a little into being a better head coach.

Obvious needs to address for Eagles are a WR, Guard and the secondary.

I have high hopes for Hicks and Alonso as a ILB combination. Kendricks regressed horribly this season

nick87

Coach
Kiko was dreadful down the stretch too
both he and Kendricks got burnt for crutial 3rd downs almost every game.

I expect Billy Davis being sent packing will help alleviate some of those issues

gronkathon

First Grade
Very true but I give Kiko a bit of a pass for missing all of last season. If he were a seasoned vet and did it I would be more concerned.

Davis is a certain fire you would think

BuffaloRules

Coach
Chip deserved to get the heave ho...

His playing personnel decisions from last year have proven to be dreadful.

Latest posts