What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choke

SadShark

Bench
Tell you what. We didn't overachieve this year and the fuggen same old excuses get trotted out as to who did or didn't do what as the Sharks snatch the still pumping heart out of themselves and hold it up for all to see, for another year.

There is a deep psychological belief in this club/team/player roster, every year, no matter who they are, that none in the black white & blue before them have won it so, it's acceptable that they don't either.

This club has not, does not & will not ever believe that it can win a premiership. Until they have electric shock therapy, extreme hypnotism sessions from Martin St James & classes of memory cards with pictures of sharks players holding up the trophy being repeatedly flashed at them, Harold will be still spearfishing somewhere off the coast.

Last edited:

drake

First Grade
Sorry, but that was an absolute choke. I would never have picked such a drubbing.

Did Ricky get Finals advice from Browny?

"How to lose a final by snubbing your best pivot"

Weaponhead

Coach
I really thought that we had made significant progress this season. We defended very well and learnt to win the tight games. Our attack slowly improved.

The performance last night was every Shark supporters worst nightmare. As 73 said, we can handle losing a game but it was the manner of the loss is unacceptable. It reinforces every negative sterotype about our club. We didn't put Melbourne under any pressure last night - and they were therre to be taken. We just need to stay close and then run over them in the second half. We paniced and threw the game plan out the window. The team was completely incapable of responding to the big occassion.

The only consolation, that I can find is that Manly did the same thing in last years GF and have so far used that as a springboard into another successful season and now have a great shot at winning the title.

Bring on 09

tye

Juniors
Surely we will once again try to off load Ben Ross, the softest front rower in the game, he has to go, also if the club would not allow Bird to play last night they have to Sack him, or else they will be made to look very very stupid!

condochook

Juniors
if seymour was there the storm dont make the break for the 1st try.the defence around the rucks for you guys is what cost you the match as was the atrocious kicking.

condochook

Juniors
Surely we will once again try to off load Ben Ross, the softest front rower in the game, he has to go, also if the club would not allow Bird to play last night they have to Sack him, or else they will be made to look very very stupid!
yep yep. no wonder sticky wanted to punt him,but you mustnt forget that he was taken high by that cat,white,with the elbow to the head.

tye

Juniors
yep yep. no wonder sticky wanted to punt him,but you mustnt forget that he was taken high by that cat,white,with the elbow to the head.

He did get hit high but how often in a big game does he go down? $400000+ my arse, he is meant to be the hard man in the team, let him go the money can be used elsewhere!

undermanned? what, they lost CAM Smith?

We were without Seymour, Bird, Reece Williams, one of Gallen's legs... am I forgetting anyone else?

They were also missing Ryan Hoffman and Jeremy Smith.

Both Internationals.

Seymour, Reece Williams (?) and a leg? Come on mate.

So yeah, they did choke on an undermanned Storm. You should probably get a clue.

Bad luck though Sharks, just one of those games.

Way too much dropped ball and no real leadership to get them back on track. Too many blokes looking overawed or disinterested.

Didn't Gus Gould love it though. Never really noticed his dislike for the Sharks as obviously as much as last night, but he definately had some extra smugness about him towards the end of the game.

Maybe next year.

Feej

First Grade
They were also missing Ryan Hoffman and Jeremy Smith.

Both Internationals.

Seymour, Reece Williams (?) and a leg? Come on mate.

So yeah, they did choke on an undermanned Storm. You should probably get a clue.

Bad luck though Sharks, just one of those games.

Way too much dropped ball and no real leadership to get them back on track. Too many blokes looking overawed or disinterested.

Didn't Gus Gould love it though. Never really noticed his dislike for the Sharks as obviously as much as last night, but he definately had some extra smugness about him towards the end of the game.

Maybe next year.
Mate, I can understand that we played crap, but please, how many rep players did they still have on the field?

It was always going to be tough for us, but the loss of Seymour was all we needed to see the triumphant return of the noddy of old. Once that crap started, it was all over red rover.

Gus can piss off. I don't rate him anyway.

My point was that this joker thought that they were only missing C.Smith.

The other two are still very good footballers.

Storm suck hole and I hope they all get whats coming to them.

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's just another year of emotional investment with no return at the time when it counts. Although I'll probably part with my money again next year. I should copy and paste this post for this time next year.

There is a part of me thats becoming immune to it all, I'm not sure if this is worth the effort anymore. I guess the offseason might whittle me back down to a position where I can feel some sort of hope for next year.

Right now I couldn't care less.

Generalzod

Immortal
My point was that this joker thought that they were only missing C.Smith.

The other two are still very good footballers.

Storm suck hole and I hope they all get whats coming to them.

Melbourne even when they win they whinge...I wonder why other supporters teams can't stand them..

Feej

First Grade
It's just another year of emotional investment with no return at the time when it counts. Although I'll probably part with my money again next year. I should copy and paste this post for this time next year.

There is a part of me thats becoming immune to it all, I'm not sure if this is worth the effort anymore. I guess the offseason might whittle me back down to a position where I can feel some sort of hope for next year.

Right now I couldn't care less.
I feel exactly the same. It's a very familiar feeling.

Oh well, off the the Living End tonight. That should cheer me up a bit.

St. Brett

Juniors
Great going, Sharks.

You were like an old man who can't hold his bladder, it went straight down!
What the f**k was that?
You kept your worst for last!
You did even fire a shot.
It was like watching old timers in a retirement village.
See Nutley get brushed off for that third try?
Ya looked like Easts last night!
A pack of sheila's playing bridge hold more intensity than what you offered last night, ya flakes!

Thanks for nothing.

MLB?
It was strictly professional and we've went and ticked off the volcano.
They erupted.

See what can be achieved when the mind is focused?
That was a methodical display last night of both attack and defense.

Holy sh*t.

Nobody could have beaten them on that preformance last night.

In 2001 The Knights KO'd you guys at SFS move to 2008 and MLB do it at the SFS.

Cronulla? You've let us down. You let the team down. You let the system down!

Quigs

Immortal

So Tye, youve put you head into a few scrums have you, and at a senior level.

I just wonder how you have come to this assessment of Ross.

Sometimes I just wonder what makes some people think in here. I saw a raised forearm, I saw blood, I saw a trainer trying to assist the big bloke back to his wobbly feet.

I saw a hard Storm prop deliver a tell tale blow onto the leading opposition prop in the 2nd most important game of the season. Points win to the Storm Prop.

But I also saw the Sharks prop dust himself off and go back out there to try again.

Yeah he is one of the softest props in the game.

Have you ever run into a raised elbow Tye. Copped one in the throat. Had a couple of teeth knocked out of your head.

This softest prop in the game has... and incidently when he did loose a couple of teeth, and was knocked rotten, come the next tuesday he went off and chased the club doctor pleading to be able to play in the following weekends game.

Yeah he is one of the softest props in the game.

He makes Joel Clinton look like superman.

Tye get outside and give yourself some uppercuts and then place yourself on report.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Well I can't believe it. I mean its like a nightmare. I actually believed we would avoid the CHOKE for which we have been known in earlier (read more recent than I want to admit) times. I had me hopes up this time. I thought we were a chance, but we couldnt even put one point on them. Not one. What a way to end.

Shattered.

great Going, Sharks.

You Were Like An Old Man Who Can't Hold His Bladder, It Went Straight Down!
What The F**k Was That?
You Kept Your Worst For Last!
You Did Even Fire A Shot.
It Was Like Watching Old Timers In A Retirement Village.
See Nutley Get Brushed Off For That Third Try?
Ya Looked Like Easts Last Night!
A Pack Of Sheila's Playing Bridge Hold More Intensity Than What You Offered Last Night, Ya Flakes!

Thanks For Nothing.

Mlb?
It Was Strictly Professional And We've Went And Ticked Off The Volcano.
They Erupted.

See What Can Be Achieved When The Mind Is Focused?
That Was A Methodical Display Last Night Of Both Attack And Defense.

Holy Sh*t.

Nobody Could Have Beaten them On That Preformance Last Night.

In 2001 The Knights Ko'd You Guys At Sfs Move To 2008 And Mlb Do It At The Sfs.

Cronulla? You've Let Us Down. You Let The Team Down. You Let The System Down!

Lol.