What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choke

Xsharks

Juniors
Looking at the form and play making of Manly last night and the Storm previous night I really believe the Sharkies were out of their league. The Sharks looked like an under 20's side not a 1st grade side in the finals of the NRL. No comparison - so why ! Yes the choke factor comes into it but that should have been rectified in the first 10 mins of the game - so why the incompetency, the mistakes. Some may say it just wasn't our night - B$#! sh*t! It was never going to be our night - we played upon our defence all year and that is what got us to the finals nothing else - but yet our defence the other night was like a feral cat sitting on the highway facing a Mac truck hurdling down the highway at 200kph.
So why? Kimmorley one of the most experience players on the field - been to and won a GF and yet played like a frickin 2 year old with that stupid smirk and he wasn't the only one. The sharks Directorate should hold a conference just for the fans at the club and explain what went so wrong - at least the fans could voice their opinion and the club could explain why year after year we f**k up!!

tye

Juniors
So Tye, youve put you head into a few scrums have you, and at a senior level.

I just wonder how you have come to this assessment of Ross.

Sometimes I just wonder what makes some people think in here. I saw a raised forearm, I saw blood, I saw a trainer trying to assist the big bloke back to his wobbly feet.

I saw a hard Storm prop deliver a tell tale blow onto the leading opposition prop in the 2nd most important game of the season. Points win to the Storm Prop.

But I also saw the Sharks prop dust himself off and go back out there to try again.

Yeah he is one of the softest props in the game.

Have you ever run into a raised elbow Tye. Copped one in the throat. Had a couple of teeth knocked out of your head.

This softest prop in the game has... and incidently when he did loose a couple of teeth, and was knocked rotten, come the next tuesday he went off and chased the club doctor pleading to be able to play in the following weekends game.

Yeah he is one of the softest props in the game.

He makes Joel Clinton look like superman.

Tye get outside and give yourself some uppercuts and then place yourself on report.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Yes Quigs, I've stuck my rough old mug in the odd scrum, just bush footy nothing to rave about but tough though! But thanks for asking.
I'm pretty sure I was watching the same incident, but I don't remember seeing White raise his elbow and striking Ross on the throat. What I did see was heavy contact between the two,causing Ross to come off 2nd best in the contact hit hitting the ground 1st with White falling and making unavoidable contact with his forearm to Ross head. Sure he gave a little nudge but what front rower wouldn't. You really think that is worth missing a GF for?
In Regards to Ross's season he just didnt impress, is pretty keen to put the fists up but more often than not he lands flat on his arse. His $400000 pay check irks me also, he is meant to be our leader, the bloke that inspires the young forward pack, the bloke that can pull off a big hit and jolt the ball loose. It just doesn't happen, in the big games he goes missing and I guess this is the reason why the Sharks are constantly rumoured to be shopping him around.
I don't no, I guess i'm just as dissapointed as the next bloke at the way our season ended. But guess what Quigs it's on again next year!!!!

Ross is on $400k, that would put him at Steve Price if not more, so he is highest paid prop in game, he must play like the best prop in game everyweek, but he dosent he should have other teams fearing him, but he is at best a $200k player, thats half what he should be on

Quigs

Immortal
Is it Ross's fault that we signed him for that... think about it. The Sharks signed him. That is not his fault.

He goes alright. I like him. He is tough and he doesn't shirk his duties.

He was obviously under very strict coaches advice to stay out of any public stinks and pushy pushy that was happening in the last half of the season. That was obvious by the way when provoked he reluctantly "turned the other cheek" and walked away. You could see it in his eyes he wanted too. But I'd back it in Mr Rick would of told him in no uncertain terms that the review boys and the judiciary were looking at every move he was making.

And his form leading into last fridays game has been great - check the last few player ratings in here by you guys.

Ross is prepared to put his body on the line for the Sharks and he does so.

He copped a good one on friday night. it was a good one, would of rattled anyone. Blood from the mouth is not there by accident.

But such is the nature of the beast that is called finals football.

But a club doesn't sign a bloke and then say sorry we only meant to pay you this... it doesnt work like that.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Hanscholo

Bench
They were also missing Ryan Hoffman and Jeremy Smith.

Both Internationals.

Seymour, Reece Williams (?) and a leg? Come on mate.

So yeah, they did choke on an undermanned Storm. You should probably get a clue.

Bad luck though Sharks, just one of those games.

Way too much dropped ball and no real leadership to get them back on track. Too many blokes looking overawed or disinterested.

Didn't Gus Gould love it though. Never really noticed his dislike for the Sharks as obviously as much as last night, but he definately had some extra smugness about him towards the end of the game.

Maybe next year.

No mate he just hates ricky.

Ben Ross. Has to be the softest forward in the comp, if he's on 450k as geyer stated today then someone at cronulla is kidding.

I exepcted you guys to come out firing. I thought Ricky would have spoken to the guys about what it meant for the club to get their first GF win and that alone would have fired them up. However it seems as though its ignored, that people dont want to dwell on it. I think its time someone out there told the boys just what it would mean to the club to win their first premiership. On last nights display none of them seemed to understand.

Engine

Juniors
It is part of the sharks tradition to choke in big moments. It is part of our centenary celebrations and the sharks played their part.

DJShaksta

First Grade
It is part of the sharks tradition to choke in big moments. It is part of our centenary celebrations and the sharks played their part.

Thank you for your insight.

We seem to have been able to tread water for alot longer than some teams with noticeably better playing rosters though, so back in your f**king cage numbnutz.

Latest posts