What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chokers

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
This.

Bagging out teams that won the comp under fair and square circumstances is a mute point. get over it.

Exactly !

If we didn't deserve to win it, someone else would have.

Just because the Storm were caught cheating (years after they started cheating), it doesn't mean 15 other teams didn't want to win it !

The people saying this crap are just pissed that their team couldn't win it, even without the Storm !

Jealousy ! Plain and simple !

hardbaby

Coach
Ah the choker argument. Even made it into the Dogs forum I see. The one thing I assure you Doggies fans is that you only get accused of choking if your team is consistently successful. And you guys are. It's pure jealousy. The Dogs had a great season but weren't good enough to win the comp. But that ain't a choke.

As for denigrating a team that wins the comp because another team was kicked out for cheating, it's actually the same mindset. Bitching like little girls.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yep, means nothing, unless of course you're a Sharks supporter:lol:
So winning the shield + the $100,000 prize, our first club championship in 18 years all while not expecting to make the top 8 let alone win the minor premiership and we won nothing? :lol:

We did not win the Premiership, blind freddy can tell you that, but to say we won nothing is something to LOL at!

So winning the shield + the $100,000 prize, our first club championship in 18 years all while not expecting to make the top 8 let alone win the minor premiership and we won nothing? :lol:

We did not win the Premiership, blind freddy can tell you that, but to say we won nothing is something to LOL at!
You make some good points, yes the MP is something to be proud of. But I don't agree that you weren't expected to make the eight. Once you got that coach on board you were always going to make the eight, blind Freddie could see that coming. I think you will be hard to beat this year, Souths to be the main threat. Good luck.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
But just like Parra you both won the same thing. F+#k All.:lol:
Maybe I'm blind but prizemoney of $100k for Minor Premiership plus the prizemoney you win as runner up in the GF is not "F+#k All.".

Educate, don't discriminate ;-)

Ok fair, enough, in any case there can only be one winner. Having said that, with the addittion of T Rex, there will be no excuses this year. I think the Bunnies and not the Storm will be your major hurdle.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Back to what thread? You revived it and made stupid statements lacking fact.

As for choking, little was expected of us at the start of 2012, and Melbourne went into the GF as favourites. Hardly classifies as a choke, especially given the defeat was only 10 points. By no means a spanking.

We also kept them scoreless in the second half. The only other time the Storm failed to score a second half point was... well, against us in Round 16 at Mackay.

Regardless of your repeated attempts at insulting our club/fans, I think I speak on behalf of most of us when I say we're proud of what was achieved in such a short space of time.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Have to agree timmah. First time I have seen us lose a grand final and not been upset knowing the boys gave it there all and we just met a team who was just a bit better than us.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yep if it makes you feel better you guys keep telling yourself that.
Can I ask you something please... league fan to league fan (not Storm and Bulldogs fans) - can you please tell us in your words, how did the Bulldogs choke? Because a choker is someone (or team), who's expected to win, or in a seemingly winnable position, and looses.
The Bulldogs:

• Did not win
  • Were not expected to win
  • Were never in a winning position
  • Were not the favorites
We lost to a better team, we know that, and the favorites won, and everybody else knows that. So can you please tell us in your words how did we choke?

TALENted

Juniors
The team u had is the team u bought 2/3 yes ago to win a comp, u were expected to make the 8 previous years!
U clearly choked, as u choked trying to make the 8 with sides u expected to do sum thing with!
And this yr the pressure is more ! Enjoy

Dogs Of War

Coach
Is it really that hard to type out things not in SMS speak?

Either way, what team doesn't get players so they can win the comp? If you go for one of those then I suggest you change teams.

Last edited:

Dakink

Bench
I don't particularly like the dogs, pretty much despise them, but I fail to see how anyone can see the dogs season last year as anything but a raging success. Hardly a choke when you lose to one of the most well executed game plans by one of the most we drilled nrl outfits.

There, I said it. Now I need a shower. I feel so dirty. Mummy I need a hug.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The team u had is the team u bought 2/3 yes ago to win a comp, u were expected to make the 8 previous years!
U clearly choked, as u choked trying to make the 8 with sides u expected to do sum thing with!
And this yr the pressure is more ! Enjoy
As I said before:

• Did not win
  • Were not expected to win
  • Were never in a winning position
  • Were not the favorites
You can't say that we choked given the above facts. Look up the term 'Choke' is what I suggest you do.

As for pressure, the pressure isn't on us this year, it's on Melbourne to defend their title. They will be the favorites with the bookies. If you don't believe, wait until we get closer to round 1.