What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Anderson to help Stephen Kearney at Parramatta Eels

strider

Post Whore
yeah ... i don't know if i agree with his "need someone to rock the boat" line .... we need help in whatever way will get some results, just rocking the boat won't help I don't think .... either rock it so hard everyone falls out and replace em OR help steer it safely in the right direction

Delboy

First Grade
I think a bit of fire and brimstone in the changing sheds would do, from what I have been told SK is very softly, softly and never tears into the players, preferring to manage them.

No wonder there is not enough aggression, I don't like to say I could be wrong, but SK has been a major disappointment, would rather we change the coach and get on with it. Tough people make tough decisions and the club appears to be a bit soft at the moment.

Is he the guy that just about took them to the GF but got punted at the end of the next year?

Nah, I think you are thinking of Gramham Murray. Got the Roosters to the GF 2000 and when the side were bailed out in the first week of the 2001 finals series he was given the punt for Stuart, even after all the recruiting was done and Stuart took the side to a Grand Final victory.

Is he the guy that just about took them to the GF but got punted at the end of the next year?

Nah, I think you are thinking of Gramham Murray. Got the Roosters to the GF 2000 and when the side were bailed out in the first week of the 2001 finals series he was given the punt for Stuart, even after all the recruiting was done and Stuart took the side to a Grand Final victory.

Having thought about it, you could say Daniel Anderson as well. . . . . but that might cause some rancor around here.

Gronk

Staff member
Heya Buzz. I thought that you said that Kearney was the 2nd best coach around. What happened ? Did you put the mocker on him ?
#kearneysadud

Marty of God's Country (Reply)
Mon 02 Jul 12 (11:01am)

photo_384.jpg
I said that two years ago and based my opinion on his record with the Kiwis and as an assistant in Melbourne. I was wrong. Have you ever made a mistake?
Phil Rothfield
Mon 02 Jul 12 (11:32am)
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...atta_eels_coach_chris_anderson_a_poor_choice/

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Most coaches get punted. There is a low percentage that leave on a high and the club want them to stay.

Daniel Anderson has been sacked from his last two NRL appointments.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't see a problem with this at all.

If you have a junior coach, and you think he has potential and want to persist with him - and we have to assume that this is the case - then it makes perfect sense that he has an experienced coach to mentor him through that.

It makes even more sense if your junior coach has come from being an assistant in a town like Melbourne to a media-circus like Parra. Kearney himself has said that he didn't realise the amount of extra "stuff" he has to do.

Perhaps the fact that he is junior and wasn't prepared for all the extras shows that it was a hiring mistake, but - like I said - if you are going to stick with him then having someone like Anderson makes sense.

It also makes sense that you haven't brought in someone who might take Kearney's job, as that only causes more unrest and uncertainty (And can even lead to player unrest if the director takes over and the players feel the coach has been backstabbed).

If, for example, two years ago, the club had announced Anderson as coaching director and Kearney as coach, and specifically stated that they saw Kearney as a promising coach and wanted to give him some assistance (and if we can somehow put aside the pro-Daniel Anderson faction and just concentrate on the scenario as outlined here) then that would have seemed reasonable.
But because we have had two years of people complaining about him, and that Anderson was sacked, and that we are coming last, people complain about this.

As for Anderson himself, obviously his one-marker idea was a farce, but he is now in a position where he can come up with ideas and discuss with Kearney, and Kearney gets final decision on what to implement. And I' sure Anderson is older and wiser for having gone through the "one-marker debacle". He can let Kearney know of the positives and potential pitfals of trying certain things, like - for example - dropping Sandow to Wenty, as he has been through it.

So it all makes logical sense to me. How it plays out is another story.

I agree completely.

Kornstar

Coach
Doesnt Slothfield do Buzz's Briefs or some such shit? He is ripping into he club here, f*ck him off the payroll ASAP!!!!!

I have no opinion on this appointment as I just hope that what ever they are trying actually works......

Tony Bongo

Bench
Heya Buzz. I thought that you said that Kearney was the 2nd best coach around. What happened ? Did you put the mocker on him ?
#kearneysadud

I said that two years ago and based my opinion on his record with the Kiwis and as an assistant in Melbourne. I was wrong. Have you ever made a mistake?
Phil Rothfield

Marty of Currumbin I will gladly buy you a beer. :lol:

Krakow

Juniors
What an F'king joke.

We pay the coach what? $300k, $400k? His record is terrible and has shown nothing so what do we do? Get him a mentor :roll:

I'd understand if he was a 3rd year apprentice struggling with tech but this bloke is meant to be at the top of his game.

Piss him off for someone capable of having a go and earning the money that comes with the position

:oops:

spartan2153

Juniors
#kearneysadud

Phil Rothfield

Sad thing is slothfield was part of the reason ando was sacked for kearney

Gronk

Staff member
#kearneysadud

Phil Rothfield

LOL it can't be Currumbin Tony. A bird shat on my head there when I was a munchkin, so it's off my list.

:lol:

Latest posts