What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead

Mr Saab

Referee
It is all over WWE.com and all over the other wrestling sites like Rajah.
Him, his wife and child dead.
This is tragic

yep, this is no work. I think WWE have pulled the plug on teh McMahon being dead angle too.

Damn this has f**ked up my day. Another legend dead. Rest In Peace "The Crippler"

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
How depressing. I own Wrestlemania XX where he and Guerrero both win titles and are in the ring at the end together celebrating. It was hard enough to watch after Guerrero died. Now another favourite is gone. It's even worse that his wife and son are gone as well. Absolutely tragic.

I just got told what happend by a bloke who lives over in the usa he told me yesterday benoit didnt wrestle coz his dad had died then just minutes ago told me about this i am shocked i dont know what to say hopefully they give up the vince dying thing so we can all pay respect to the legend that will always be known as the crippler.

Hurriflatch

Referee
No details yet released but I know this may sound bad but it's not my intetion however

Since the WWE "killed" Vince we've seen Sherri Martell and now Chris Benoit and his family die

and some people don't beleive that there is a God

The Colonel

Immortal
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21969528-1702,00.html

Wrestler Chris Benoit and family found deadBy staff writers
June 26, 2007 09:27am

REPORTS say Chris Benoit, one of TV wrestling's leading personalities, and his family have been found dead in their home.

The bodies of Benoit, his wife Nancy, and their young son were found after the wrestler missed an engagement to attend to a "family crisis", according to TMZ.com.

Police are investigating the scene.

The official WWE website reported the deaths and said the upcoming episode of Raw would serve as a tribute to Benoit.

The Colonel

Immortal
WWE legend Benoit found dead

June 26, 2007

WWE legend Chris Benoit, the greatest worker of his generation, has died at the age of 40.

In circumstances still currently unknown, the Canadian superstar's family were also found dead.

The tragedy follows the early deaths of Chris's best pal Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith, Sensational Sherri and many other wrestling stars.

A statement on WWE.com said: "World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home.

"There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy."

Chris will always have a place in the heart of wrestling fans worldwide thanks to his classic nmatches in Japan, ECW, WCW, and especially the WWE.

His hug with Eddie at WrestleMania XX was one of wrestling's most memorable moments - and will now never, ever be forgotten.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007290278,00.html

Parra_Eels

Bench
I was just on news.com.au looking around and when i saw this I went into that weird state of shock like exactly how i felt when eddie died. This won't hit me til i watch Raw tommorow which will be huge. I think I might shed a tear.

T to the T

Juniors
Haven't really followed WWF in 5 years or so now but Benoit was easily the greatest technical wrestler there has ever been. RIP Benoit

Parra_Eels

Bench
Anyone know if RAW is like Eddie or Owens show with people actually wrestling and a tribute or just old matches because I read somewhere that they cancelled RAW.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I recall hearing that RAW this week will in fact be a Chris Benoit Tribute Show. They'll show clips of his past glories and people will wrestle to pay respects for him.

And his son was only 7? :(

It makes you wonder what happened...According to Wikipedia (I know - not a reliable source etc.), the police are looking at it as a possible homicide...

Latest posts