What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy several days ago, then killed himself and his son, before taking his own life.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

From Wrestling Observer

Dani

Immortal
Do you think the tribute show would be kind of wrong, for lack of a better term, now that they know what actually happened?

MC

Juniors
If he indeed killed his family, then he is a blight on society and his great in-ring performances will forever be tarnished.

He does not deserve the same triubtes that Owen and Eddie have received.

Special K

Coach
I find it hard to believe he of all people would snap like that and kill his family but anything is possible.

Amazing. I bet this ends up as some kind of movie one day..

parramaniac2516

Juniors
It could be huge egg in there faces but it cannot be blamed no one knew at the time and they were celebrating the life of what the thought was a great man. Also i think alot of it would be celebrating his career but if he did do it i dont think there will be any further tributes.

I just dont get it thought Benoit did not seem like that type of Man and i will wait until its confimred.

Iafeta

Referee
I saw some of the WWE's tributes... Stephanie in particular was talking about how much of a great family guy he was, and how much he loved his family... surely it can't be true. I got that impression too, he was cut deep about Eddy ... surely it can't be true.

wtf, ive gone thru so many different emotions from reading this thread, from shock to sadness to disbelief to anger. RIP Woman., if Chris Benoit killed his own family then thats f**ked, even if he is in my top 5 all time fave wrestlers, his memory will forever be tarnished.

The Colonel

Immortal
WWE Monday night canceled its scheduled live 3-hour "Monday Night RAW" program, which coincidentally was originally billed as a "memorial service" for WWE chairman Vince McMahon, whose character was recently killed off in a controversial scripted storyline.

McMahon opened the show from center ring in an empty arena and clarified that Benoit and his family had died "in reality." McMahon called Benoit "one of the greatest WWE superstars of all-time."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/pro-wrestler-wife-and-son-killed/2007/06/26/1182623874321.html

Pumba

First Grade
I am just in shock, I couldn't imagine Chris killing his family and then himself mixed emotions for sure.

RIP the Benoit Family

SOULS 04

Juniors
very sad no matter how you put the story. Not my place to jusdge either way but i thought he was on his way back to headlining soon too.

he had an awesome match with bobby lashley just recently... benoit was one of my favorites and will be missed.

Big Tim

First Grade
OMG.

What a tragic event. I hope that the allegations against him are not true.

He was not one of my favoured wrestlers but he did have something that made you watch him.

I am in shock completely, hasn't hit me yet, but it really will when I watch Raw tomorrow, such an awful thing to happen to someone that young.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm shocked.
And to think that it's a murder suicide is... I don't know... unimaginable.

If the reports we are getting a true, then I hope Benoit left a suicide note to explain his actions however unthinkable and ill-logical.

Even watching this weeks ECW show, there was nothing to suggest to me he was off his game or that something was a-miss.

There's only one reason I can think of for it to happen which I guess I can't speculate on, even then though, it's still doesn't make sense.

As for how the did the tribute show - I guess all they could really do is remember him for how he was and all the great things he did and the smiles he brought to people.

Once Dead

Bench
Sad, is all I can say.

Whatever happened is a human tragedy....a massive tragedy.

May they have passed with little pain and suffering, regardless of who commited this act.

God bless the Benoit family.

Fiddy

Juniors
I think it is fairly safe to assume that Chris Benoit did infact murder both his wife & son.

After all these news reports, the fact that WWE posted an official article stating that it was believed (Or rumored.. however you want to see it) he did it points to that fact.

Additionally in the latest statement WWE.com notes they have futhur new information which has been unreleased about what happened at Benoit's home but was asked by the Police not to release it in the same very article pointing to Benoit as the killer is enough information.

Oh.. and the Testimonials that were recorded before the fact benoit may have killed his family have been taken down and all links to them have been removed (The wwe.com site and all other videos are working fine so it is clear that it is not a bandwidth issue). They could come back up but i doubt it..

Despite all of this - i send my condolences to his family.. and i hope his Son rests in peace (I can't say the same for Benoit or his wife.. not till we find out 100%).