What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Houston

Pika

Bench
How is it trolling? I tend to agree. I don't think we'll make the 8 next year. I don't think we have the quality to make it, and injuries are always bad for us no matter what we do.

You also think half our back row are sooks...

Would that be House, Simmo, Patto, Zeb, Ciraldo or Hilder?

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
How is it trolling? I tend to agree. I don't think we'll make the 8 next year. I don't think we have the quality to make it, and injuries are always bad for us no matter what we do.

Injuries. Yes

Quality. No

Our side can match it with any other and we showed that last year.

However, i do agree it comes down to where we are mentally.

SaltNVinegar

Juniors
Most other people have written us off this year anyway, so whether the Wicks scandal or not affects us, its not going to be much of an excuse.
I would love to see Houston start in the number 11 or 12 but as everyone said, theres plenty of competition for front row spots. I would put Taia at Lock and have Hilder come off the bench to make tackles and perhaps catch out a few tired defenders.

SaltNVinegar

Juniors
Most other people have written us off this year anyway, so whether the Wicks scandal or not affects us, its not going to be much of an excuse.
I would love to see Houston start in the number 11 or 12 but as everyone said, theres plenty of competition for front row spots. I would put Taia at Lock and have Hilder come off the bench to make tackles and perhaps catch out a few tired defenders.

roopy

Referee
They had some footage of Patto on TV the other day (they were talking about his engagement and how happy he is), and by the footage he is clearly carrying less body fat than we have ever seen him carry. He looked a bit thin if anything - as lean as House or Simmo, but maybe not as toned (hard to tell with his shirt on).
Patto could well take it to a new level this year.

Serc

First Grade
Hope he does mate :D I often forget he has been hovering around FG for a while (since 2007) and he is only 22!

Weels

Juniors
Any of the players mentioned would do an admirable job in the back row.
The only thing I think will [or might] surprise a few people is, Simmo will become a bench player this season. I don't think his legs will take the strain.