What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe there is a local Perth Junior coming through the ranks that can grasp the local imagination instead come 2027?
Alas since scrapping the SG Ball in 2019 I dont think theres that many young WA players at the moment in NRL systems. Might be a few years of building our own systems before we see talent come through. But you never know, it only takes that one gem to be polished and you might have the next superstar.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Is there any players in the squad that might be in contention for a 2027 position for the Western Bears? If we get the nod in October be interesting to see if we send some WA players over for 2025 to play for the NS Bears at different age groups and genders.
Most certainly Perth born South Perth Lions product Kurt De Luis, five eighth and goal kicking sharp shooter Kieran Hayman and try scoring winger Allan Fitzgibbon, our other winger Tua Katoa is the younger brother of Cronulla Sharks NRL winger Sione Katoa.
Injured hooker Nathaniel Roache was once a player of unlimited potential at the Warriors, unfortunately injuries have really hampered his career.
There are others who may shine if given the chance but they are the better options.

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
Alas since scrapping the SG Ball in 2019 I dont think theres that many young WA players at the moment in NRL systems. Might be a few years of building our own systems before we see talent come through. But you never know, it only takes that one gem to be polished and you might have the next superstar.
Broncos North Beach Sea Eagles player Josh Rogers younger brother Darius Rogers is apparently a player to keep an eye on, the experienced Joell Irvine front rower and Captain of the Joondalup Giants is an absolute cracker of a player, not sure how old he is though.

Nuke

Staff member
Broncos North Beach Sea Eagles player Josh Rogers younger brother Darius Rogers is apparently a player to keep an eye on, the experienced Joell Irvine front rower and Captain of the Joondalup Giants is an absolute cracker of a player, not sure how old he is though.
Joell's early 30s now as it is. I couldn't tell you how old exactly, as I haven't been an official at Joondalup for 4yrs, but I think he was about 26 or 27 back then.
Mid 30s in 2027 is probably too old to make an NRL debut unfortunately..!

Latest posts