What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

City v Country teams

Hoggy

Bench
Going on the proviso that apparently those that play in the Test won't get selected here are my City v Country line-ups as chosen by the almighty Hoggy. 8)

City
1. Brett Hodgson
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Phil Bailey
4. Luke Lewis (providing he isn't a late replacement tonight)
5. Luke Rooney
6. Adam Dykes
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Mark Riddell
10. John Skandalis
11. Bryan Fletcher (c)
12. Lance Thompson
13. Braith Anasta

14. Glenn Morrison
15. Steve Menzies
16. Willie Mason
17. Matt Geyer

Country
1. Luke Patten
2. Joel Monaghan
3. Luke Burt
4. Matt King
5. Nathan Blacklock
6. Preston Campbell
7. Matt Orford
8. Josh Perry
9. Luke Priddis (c)
10. Luke Davico
11. Ian Hindmarsh
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Scott Hill

14. Richard Villasanti
15. Anthony Tupou
16. John Morris
17. Kurt Gidley

Big Mick

Referee
I agree with eveyone you've got there expect for Phil bailey, Anthony Tupou and Villasanti.

I reckon it'll be Ryles for Contry instead of Tupou on the bench, just watch it. Also possibly Justin Smith may get a run, not too sure if he is country or city.

Instead of Bailey, I'd go for Mark Gasnier.

I like your selection of Matt King, I got a great rap on that kid, brilliant player.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The City/Country is actually an Origin trial, why would the test players not get picked in that game :? Its an Origin selection trial, where players no matter what are eligible to play for both City or Country.

Langers

Juniors
I don't think El Masri should make it if there is another kicker in the side. I don't know about having Skandalis as the starting prop either. Looking forward to the game though.

Parraren

Bench
Based on this years form Eric Grothe Jnr should bag a spot on the wing for City. Apart from goal kicking I don't think El Masri really offers that much as a winger. Amos Roberts would have to be in there somewhere as well.

Munky

Coach
Rooney is from Blaxland in the Blue Mountains, does that still count as city?

newmanj

Juniors
If Eric Grothe Jr is not the form winger in the comp, you closet selectors are kidding yourselves.

Michael Robertson from Canberra should get a run (even if it's ahead of Monaghan), he's been our inform back over the last six weeks. Blacklock has played pretty average from what I've seen (at least not up to his previous standards anyway).

Oh, and Cooper will definitely get a run for Country.

t-ba

Post Whore
How can Morrisson play for city? Country Boy. I think O'meley might be a coastie as well and Bailey comes from the North Coast.

Of Manly, I think Hicksy and Harris are our only serious contenders.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Priddo and Campbell better make it or i'll be really pissed off. They both deserve some type of rep match. Especially Priddis.

Hoggy

Bench
Big Mick said:
I reckon it'll be Ryles for Contry

I deliberately left him out because there are doubts over his fitness.

Instead of Bailey, I'd go for Mark Gasnier.

Chose Bailey on the basis that he played Tests over the summer while Gasnier was left at home.

Glenn

First Grade
Munky said:
Rooney is from Blaxland in the Blue Mountains, does that still count as city?

As far as I know, Rooney comes under City based on his juniour club