What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Civoniceva send off

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I taped the entire FOX coverage and watched some of it back this morning and got that tired of it that I fast forwarded to the coach pressers and watched those only. Moore and Elliott were clearly NEVER going to answer questions about the send off, no idea why they bothered asking them.

Helen

Juniors
What you say is true, Petero is a true cleanskin but if you look at the replay he took an almighty swing twisting his body away from the ball carrier for extra impact his eyes could not possibly see the point of impact. things were getting fiery and when this happens unintended accidents can happen, still, if one tackles carelessly there's a price to pay.

You forgot to mention that Petro also closed his fist. Started out with an open hand but connected with a closed fist.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
No way in the world it was a send off compared to what we have seen all year. I've seen that type of tackle 100 times this year....

lolwot?

Can I get a highlights reel of those 100 tackles?

Personally it was the WORST high tackle (excluding elbows etc- just an old fashioned high shot) that I've seen this season.

That's not to say that it was the crime of the century, or that I've catalogued every high shot this year....but it was pretty much just a bad high shot of the sort you rarely see these days.

Doomednow

Bench
I think the other panther player involved in the tackle was what made it appear so bad. From memory in the replay petero had committed to the tackle before the other panthers player (sorry can't remember who it was and can't be bothered checking) made contact and started dragging him down. I really don't think it was an intentional high strike, though he maybe should have been more aware. But if the other player wasn't involved it wouldn't have been a high shot at all. Either way he probably deserves some time off for being careless, though Petero is far from a dirtbag who goes in for the high shots.

Then again maybe I'm biased, but considering his history probably not.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I watched the replay closely and didn't see the ball carrier start falling at all. I was fully expecting him to as I wouldn't expect Petero to make a tackle like that- but he did. At best he would have hit him slightly lower on the chin.

Bronco_Hater

Juniors
It was a disgusting low act. Civoniceva showed no remorse afterward, and acted as though he had done nothing wrong.

Petero Civoniceva should not be allowed to play any part in this years finals series.

Ulysseus

Bench
Makes the non send off of the filthy piece of sh*t Stewart even worse. Petero will get a token 2 weeks.

True that, I don't think the NRL realise that we as fans see sh*tty knee jerk reactions for what they really are.
f**k the administration of this game for treating the people who support it with such contempt.