What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classic Matches

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Tonight on 'Classic Matches', I believe they're showing the Warriors vs Broncos @ Mt Smart from 2002. Is this the match with the all in brawl, or the one where Campo took on Webke? Either way, I can't wait to re-live it again tonight.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Campion vs Webcke was 2002.

The brawl was 03. The first half in that game went on for about an hour if i remember correctly.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Father Dougal McGuire said:
Campion vs Webcke was 2002.

The brawl was 03. The first half in that game went on for about an hour if i remember correctly.

Bugger, I'd rather see the 2003 version.

Scott

Bench
The 2002 was famous for a try by Ivan Cleary off an off load from Ali. From memory, Stacey Jones may of said that the ball looked like it came from Ali's bum.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
iirc, in 2002 the Broncos were wearing those ridiculous blue jerseys. The Warriors dominated but just kept on bombing tries (apart from the Ali/Stacey/Ivan one), until finally, late in the game, they sealed it with a Meli try off a Jones break.

2003 was a more high scoring game- it featured Villasanti knocking out Webcke (the headclash that earned him a Kangaroos jersey, essentially:roll: ), Meli smashing Tate, the brawl, and it was a more high scoring game with Webb outstanding.

Sorry to ruin it for you, but me showing off takes precedence.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Thierry Henry said:
iirc, in 2002 the Broncos were wearing those ridiculous blue jerseys. The Warriors dominated but just kept on bombing tries (apart from the Ali/Stacey/Ivan one), until finally, late in the game, they sealed it with a Meli try off a Jones break.

2003 was a more high scoring game- it featured Villasanti knocking out Webcke (the headclash that earned him a Kangaroos jersey, essentially:roll: ), Meli smashing Tate, the brawl, and it was a more high scoring game with Webb outstanding.

Sorry to ruin it for you, but me showing off takes precedence.

Next you'll tell us who wins the 04 Grand Final

Scott

Bench
I thought Meli smashed Tate in all Broncos Warriors games from 2002 - 2005???

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Tate must have really pissed Meli off. Whenever Meli got the chance, he would smash Tate, even at Test level. Great stuff.

I think Meli is the main reason why Tate looks like a turtle now, with that neck guard.

ozbash

Referee
he,ll do himself an injury with that stoopid thing, next he'll want a gridiron helmet..

Scott

Bench
On a serious note - he must wear it to avoid a serious injury. Might look like a gimp, but a damn fine player imo.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Scott said:
On a serious note - he must wear it to avoid a serious injury. Might look like a gimp, but a damn fine player imo.

Right on all counts, Scott.

Gee, if he gets another neck injury, he could put his quality of life in real danger. Would you really want to risk that???

ozbash

Referee
Gee, if he gets another neck injury, he could put his quality of life in real danger. Would you really want to risk that???

he obviously does. the money must have a stronger pull than the thought of being disabled for the rest of his life,, or worse.

i couldnt understand why PJ went back to footy, those types of injuries are bloody scary.

Jesbass

First Grade
Scott said:
The 2002 was famous for a try by Ivan Cleary off an off load from Ali. From memory, Stacey Jones may of said that the ball looked like it came from Ali's bum.

That try was the winner of the Best Try award at the Dally Ms that year.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Aah yes, the that infamous try--'the ball looked like it came out of his ass' Every time I've seen it I laugh. Btw, that Webkee v Campion hit out was in 2002 because by 2003 both Campo and Ives left the club and 2003 was also the same year Sione (who?) did that over the head thing to Ervan who scored under the posts.

ozbash

Referee
Campion knocked Webke on his arse :lol:

gee that was great to see again, poor old webke didnt know what hit him.

hope we get some more action like that on sunday.